Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Drakks
01.05.2012 , 10:53 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by EcGBorn View Post
Quest isn't doable as a tank. Which pretty much makes no sense. Just another problem that Bioware failed to realize when designing an mmo.

I'm rolling a sage after my guardian has become completely useless at level 50.
Yes, it is. Many people, myself included, have even explained how.

You don't even need a companion for the final fight.

Farrokhan
01.05.2012 , 12:02 PM | #142
Spoiler

But I think there's something we all can agree on hopefully, is that this quest is a major step up in difficulty. And I'm not a casual by any stretch, but much more casual (and lets be fair this is the market SWTOR is aimed at) will find this impossible to solo. And they will want to solo it because thats how many people want to play this game in many cases.

Dunwar
01.05.2012 , 03:57 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Farrokhan View Post

But I think there's something we all can agree on hopefully, is that this quest is a major step up in difficulty. And I'm not a casual by any stretch, but much more casual (and lets be fair this is the market SWTOR is aimed at) will find this impossible to solo. And they will want to solo it because thats how many people want to play this game in many cases.
Compared to the stuff to do before, it is not a leap, more like a warp jump.

Spoiler
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.

Lancerx
01.05.2012 , 05:35 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post
Hey folks!

If you are unable to solo this fight, please give us a bit more information as requested below:

Spoiler

Thanks for your help!
1. Yes
2. Sentinel/Watchman

Some of the pulls leading up to Angral was a bit tough, but wasn't so challenging to cause any deaths. Angral I found was not so tough as long as you used interrupts and cool-downs. I actually one shot him around level 30 on first try. I don't think this fight needs to be nerfed at all for Sentinel, I can't speak for Guardians.

Highfives
01.05.2012 , 06:11 PM | #145
After a couple attempts to win my quest glitched and went to the next cutscene which was weird but honestly I don't care, this fight is broken for tanks.

Quote: Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt View Post
Hey folks!

If you are unable to solo this fight, please give us a bit more information as requested below:

Spoiler

Thanks for your help!
1. Yes
2. Guardian/Defense

Most Guardian Defense specs rely heavily on Doc to prop themselves up while they fight gold elites just because tanks take longer to kill enemies and need heals, by forcing tanks to use T7 its essentially cranking up the difficulty massively.

In the fight I was interrupting, using wards and using everything at my disposal and found I could do decent damage to the boss, but when the wards ran out he was doing somewhere around 40-50% damage with force lightning attacks.

The best outcome I got was when I brought his health low by blocking his line of sight and using stun and hit and run attacks.

Honestly to me it felt like nobody tested this fight with Guardian Defense spec and restricting the fight to T7 was irritating. Why do I have to use T7 for the final battle? not only does it hinder me but what if I wanted another companion by my side for the climatic battle? it makes no sense to me.
Cyberpunk/Hello Critty
Level 50 Guardian
Don't worry be happy!

Stobbsy
01.05.2012 , 06:30 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Aduil View Post
Wow am I the only one this fight bugged out for and I auto-won? I wrote back on the top of page 8 of this thread about how I began the fight with the Emperor who then promptly warped back to his seat (which is what happens when you beat him).

Surely I'm not the only player this happened to? I mean, I was really glad to not have to bother doing this fight and gear up T7, but I wish I knew what I did differently that made this happen. I guess as I said in my previous post... I'm so pro the Emperor just surrendered.
Same to me too, reading this thread i think thankgod i saved on the huge repair bills.

MagnusLL
01.05.2012 , 06:32 PM | #147
I've done it by cheating, essentially, and using the "push him off the ledge" trick. As far as I'm concerned, the fight is utterly impossible to win for a defense-specced tank guardian with orange gear modded to Corellia level. Maybe with full T3 Rakata gear, but hell, you certainly should not need anything like that to complete your **SOLO** class quest.

I will be giving detailed feedback below, in case someone at Bioware is actually monitoring this thread.

Spoiler

Katrinya
01.05.2012 , 06:32 PM | #148
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSchmidt
Hey folks!

Thanks for your help!
Jedi Sentinel (Watchman) equipped mostly with commendation rewards from Corellia. Spent 100,000-odd credits and some commendations I was saving to equip T7 with blue & good moddable gear. I was able to open the chest from the puzzle but it contained green gear and was not a complete set. After 7+ attempts, I've succeeded in whittling the boss down to 10%, but by that time I'm out of cooldowns and interrupts. Additionally, his adds take no damage from cyclone storm or force sweep, making them un-AOEable. Hiding behind the pillar has yet to save me, though perhaps I'm doing it wrong or something. Sunk another 100,000 credits into repairs thus far.

I'm not uber-leet, but I've never struggled on a class quest before. I imagine I will ask a friend to help me rather than sink more credits into this, but I confess to disappointment at being forced into sharing my moment of glory. Class quest content should be soloable without raid gear or exploiting LoS.

Oh yes, and of course I saved my companion. Like I'm going to let my precious healer die.

Felaed
01.05.2012 , 06:52 PM | #149
Oh wow...I didn't even know saving the companion got you a harder version of the fight.

Awesome.

MEHColeman
01.05.2012 , 07:56 PM | #150
This fight is a farce. I did save my companion, I have T7 fitted out with correlian mods, he's pretty well specced. I did manage to loot the chest eventually, but the green items where all worse than the ones I already had.

I'm a watchman sentinel, lvl 50. AoE attacks don't wok on the adds, I have no force push abilities, I'm squishy as hell. T7 dies within about five seconds. LOS works to pull the adds, but since you have to direct-damage each one, they will kill you easily.
This fight, like much of the JK combat experience has been extremely frustrating and far, far harder than equivalent fights with other classes. My consular (lvl 37), for example, can easily solo all the class quest objectives, even whilst being under-levelled.

I played that open beta weekend, and feedback forms popped up every 10 minutes asking you how things are going. I simply can't believe that during the beta, the JK players went through their content and replied "yep, this is all perfectly satisfactory." It is an absolute farce!

Yes, some people here seem to think things are perfectly fine, but the JK seems to be a class where you need to know it back to front and be an uber leet player, not just to shine, but simply to be viable. The other republic classes are all immediately playable, and I'm sure the better you play them, the more rewarding it is.

Yes, I could wait for my friends to get to level 50 too, but what is the point in playing a class that is so gimped?
If it is my ability to play the class that is the problem (if so, the forums indicate that I'm certainly not alone), then there is also no point playing a class that I perform so poorly at. I'd love for someone at Bioware just to say "Yes, this class is working as intended." In which case I can give up, knowing that I simply suck ;-)
..Or "No, we recognise that there are some balance issues that we are looking into." so then I'll know that it is worth persevering with.
I guess Bioware have more statistics than they can shake a big stick at, detailing deaths, damage and progress of each class. They must have established whether there is a problem or not.
"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?"