Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gremin_DaHutt
01.04.2012 , 11:49 AM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Felaed View Post
Cyclone Slash > Force Sweep.

Thank you, have a nice day.

Just because you can't use ONE of your "AE"s doesn't mean another won't clear the clones.

The issue is Force/Kinetic vs. Energy.

Use your brains instead of whining about nothing some time. If you can't do it the way you're operating, CHANGE THE WAY YOU'RE OPERATING.
WOW, really...I did that and the emperor bowed at me immediately surrending to my superior skills with cyclone slash....

I have died enough to pay over 200k in repair bills. My gear is above average with 5 pieces of champion gear from pvp. I know my class and how to use it. I made the comment about the AOE's because a dev stated we need to use all our interrupts and abilities to beat the fight. We should not have to resort to LoS or "tricks" to beat this.

I simply do not understand why people have to act like smart butts and aholes on the forum, its like you feel you can get away with what ever you want because your hiding on the internet.

Erlioth
01.04.2012 , 01:01 PM | #132
throw lightsaber, aoe taunt clones, back up so theyre all in front of me, cyclone slash, 1 dies, target the next, basic attack, another dies. im half dead. continue. dead.

throw lightsaber, single target strike them until its the non clone left 2/3 dead, run away to stairs, try to wait for him to get in range of the cliff, he just casts, i interupt him 11 times, he charges his instant death cannon, i have no interupts, i run away feebly, die

saber throw LOS behind pillars, dispatch them one at a time, dance around pillar interupting him and doing damage to him and hiding. run around for 10+ minutes. realize that if he hurts me even a little, i cannot heal, my health is 14000, his is 33000, 2 minute cooldown for 3400 health back. eventually, more clones, cyclone slash kills one, targeting them individually, lucky if i live through that wave, go back to throwing him away, dancing around, damaging, hiding etc fail to get him below 25%.

ive done this several dozen times, killed my wallet, and have left the world to get cash from alts, and no one wanted to come help heal because they "might want to see the JK storyline someday"

the entirely of the rest of the game was dont-even-have-to-pay-attention mode. even running heroic 2+s i could kite things forever and whittle away at large groups of elites and strongs, WITH A HEALING COMPANION, now, with t7 upgraded in purples blues oranges etc from the GTK, i feel like less than a padawan in this fight

(cyclone slash seriously isnt helping)
Explorer: 73% Socializer: 67% Killer: 40% Achiever: 20%

Erlioth
01.04.2012 , 01:14 PM | #133
update: drew him to the stairs, got him out in the middle force jump, force push at the pillar in the center, he goes from 33k to 9k instantly, throw lightsaber, he teleports back to his room, dispatch his clones with ease, he disapears back to his room before i can hit him again, they all run into the stairs area again, i throw saber to dispatch one, jump to the others, smack them down, turn just to see the real one shoot me with his death cannon for about 80% of my max health, dead

Erlioth
01.04.2012 , 01:20 PM | #134
same thing, run into hall to dispatch 3rd wave of clones, running around smacking clones, dont know which one is real, he spirit bombs me for my FULL health

Erlioth
01.04.2012 , 01:31 PM | #135
I DID IT. MOST SATISFYING KILL IN ANY GAME EVER. other than maybe MGS4. oh man. ok to help others: turn t7 off passive, he takes agro, saber throw, aoe taunt, awe, tab target, strike, tab target, strike, tab target, strike, tab target, strike, interupt, interupt interupt interupt interupt, when you run out, turn t7 on passive, push/run away, get to stairs, run past stairs until hes in the middle, leap, push at pillar, hes down to 6k, he runs back up, teleports back to room, run down hall, clones are halfway down hall, easy to kill, emperor isnt there, second wave immediately comes because his health dropped so far, saber throw one, run to stairs, hide behind corner, turn t7 back on, he takes the attention of the emperor (this part may not be needed if you just take out the clones fast enough, but this is where i kept dieing) finally that SOB is alone and has low hp, INTERUPT, INTERUPT, INTERUPT, HIGH DAMAGE HIT HIGH DAMAGE INTERUPT DEAD WOOOOOO

man that took forever

EcGBorn
01.04.2012 , 02:08 PM | #136
Quest isn't doable as a tank. Which pretty much makes no sense. Just another problem that Bioware failed to realize when designing an mmo.

I'm rolling a sage after my guardian has become completely useless at level 50.

Ignorant
01.05.2012 , 01:57 AM | #137
get a group of friends to come help? dont play jedi knight but i have helped my brother in agent missions that seemed ungodly impossible for a sniper
I don't usually look for people raging, but when i do i prefer SWTOR forums.

Arellea
01.05.2012 , 02:21 AM | #138
As a level 50 defense specced Guardian this was definitely a challenging encounter at first. That being said, it is in no way impossible as has been stated here, it is simply a challenge that people are going to have to think about and develop a strategy. I personally thought it was rather rewarding once completed and liked that fact that it wasn't simply walk in and bash some sith's brains in without any through as every other class encounter was.

As far as the chest for T7 goes, it is very poorly located as you have to do most of the clearing before you actually reach the chest and T7 is really not useful on the emperor (even with the gear).

Furthermore, the chest does in fact bug out and is not lootable. This as has been stated can be addressed by leaving Dromund Kaas and returning, and hence re clearing the trash with an under geared T7. Also, the equipment provided was indeed all green quality, and not blue as was suggested by the official post earlier in the thread.

CorganNW
01.05.2012 , 07:42 AM | #139
I have had almost no trouble with any fight up until this one. (Combat Sent) I've read all the forum posts on this so asked my healer friend to join me before going. We got him on the 5th try using some of the suggested strats people have posted.

Puzzle chest is still broke and I know the devs are aware of it. Not sure how much of a difference that would make though.

I think I play my sent fairly well because I haven't had trouble up to this point but I don't think I could have done this alone.

My healer friend and I then went to finish his class story and what a joke compared to ours. He is a Jedi Consular. I think his should have been a bit harder but not like ours and I think ours should be a bit easier.

I want to thank everyone who posted their thoughts on this fight because you probably saved me 200k credits and a lot of frustration.

Note: I would have tried this solo if I could take Kira or Doc. I'm not sure it would have worked but I would have been willing to give it a shot.

Jonlo
01.05.2012 , 08:08 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by EcGBorn View Post
Quest isn't doable as a tank. Which pretty much makes no sense. Just another problem that Bioware failed to realize when designing an mmo.

I'm rolling a sage after my guardian has become completely useless at level 50.
Yeah it is. I'm a tank and did it. No LOS tricks either.

Taunt everything, Awe, Strike them all down, interrupt the boss. It's doable, just hard.

Maybe it's not the class that's the problem.