Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time for a PvP Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MidichIorian
03.17.2013 , 03:14 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
You do realize I was agreeing with you, right?
I think he meant to quote me and if he had actually read my post and instead of shouted like a baby he would have realized that I just said that they can be viable in 2.0 rateds and probably also more than people like to think in 1.7.

TwitchWINs
03.17.2013 , 06:06 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
You do realize I was agreeing with you, right?
i know haha but whats the fun of forums if you cant mess around a bit :P anyways people who think sorcs are not viable its fine for you, but if you want we can set up a time on pts and do some rateds vs my guild. hell ill even bring two dps sorcs to make it even more fun.
Bestworld - The Bastion
<Hey im pooping>
http://www.swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3751

fungihoujo
04.10.2013 , 05:36 AM | #523
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
Maybe breaching ToS policy by expressing exactly how we feel would get their attention? Somehow, I doubt that would even work. How about all Sage/Sorcerer players refuse to play their classes until such time that BioWare gets off their collective arses and correct the issues the fracked up with 2.0 and put these classes on an even playing ground with the other DPS classes. Maybe if there was a complete absence of these classes from game play they'd take notice. However, they'd probably take that as a license to discontinue these classes as I believe they are wanting to do and make them healers only. I've seen this before when developers want to change how a class is played. I would not put it passed these non-Inquisitor/Consular playing amateurs on bit.
That won't work- the numbers of people playing sorcs and mercs dropped massively- and it was people quitting the game too, not just rerolling- after 1.2. We're talking about a patch that led to the game itself failing and going f2p shortly after. If something like that will cause zero reaction from BW- they can easily ignore people not playing this class.

Regardless- while after looking at the changes, I'm pretty sure these nerfs have made one of the game's worst classes even more pathetic- we're going to have to take a look though at how the class performs at 55 before we can really judge though.

We've given them ptr feedback, which they ignored- they aren't going to pay attention to what we say while everyone's getting used to the new changes. Of course, they'll probably ignore what we say in a few weeks too- but at least we'll be more experienced at that point.

Ed-ward
04.10.2013 , 07:00 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
That won't work- the numbers of people playing sorcs and mercs dropped massively- and it was people quitting the game too, not just rerolling- after 1.2. We're talking about a patch that led to the game itself failing and going f2p shortly after. If something like that will cause zero reaction from BW- they can easily ignore people not playing this class.

Regardless- while after looking at the changes, I'm pretty sure these nerfs have made one of the game's worst classes even more pathetic- we're going to have to take a look though at how the class performs at 55 before we can really judge though.

We've given them ptr feedback, which they ignored- they aren't going to pay attention to what we say while everyone's getting used to the new changes. Of course, they'll probably ignore what we say in a few weeks too- but at least we'll be more experienced at that point.
I have reached level 55 with my sage and I am pretty confident that I will not play it in dps spec. As you say, from bad to even worse. As for heal spec i doubt it will work, but I am hopeful.
There were two things that made it possible to play a sage healer in rated: Bubble stun and Force wave root. Shield on it's own is quite rubbish, certainly won't stop a mid-spec mara, even less 3 ppl focusing you. Pathetic heal on Force weave will not make up for root effect. I am not even going to comment pre 2.0 full heal spec. So they took us two only abilities that made us viable and gave us what? Salvation cast time reduction based on proc and rubbish Force Statis. Yeah, it looks cool, but I doubt it will be more than 2nd cc breaker with circumstantial usability beyond it - e.g. cap delayer and maybe occational saver (but tbh 1% per second is rather pathetic and I can't see a team in rated that actually lets the other caster top you up while you are bubbled). I hope it won't be such a tragedy, that perhaps tank will be able to peel, that Salvation will be worth the trouble, but with all the classses beefed up I have very hard time seeing sage as an effective healer. Maybe the Salvation.. maybe...
Right now I have put my sage to bench, and rolled a different character. I am waiting for guildies to let me know that I am wrong and sage is in fact a nice class to play. In the meanwhile, I'll do dailies in hopes that one day my sage will return to rated team.

As for Bioware being deaf.. With all the things happening in PvP, there is no other explanation. Deaf, incompetent and sadly in charge. If this were their first big fail... ...but I just can't forgive them Illum. Well, bolster will get fixed, I can live with it. Hell, it's even funny how people run naked in warzones.

Btw have you noticed their special offer on Major XP boost? 5-pack bundle is more expensive than 5 separate XP boosts...
ToFN EU, Forceborne legacy:
Sowelu (Sage 55), Plasmatica (Vanguard 55), Asurae (Sentinel 55), Starhaze (Smuggler 55),
Shandaara (Merc 55, Powertech 55), Arachné (Assassin 55), Dreadmaul (Juggernaut 55), Deathbloom (Operative 55)

fungihoujo
04.11.2013 , 10:03 AM | #525
People playing other classes are acting like it's OP that it lets you become immune for x seconds while 5 people beat on you. Ironically enough- marauders who I've seen before saying that if you attack a marauder who has their immunity up you are a complete moron- yet when the most obvious bubble in the world pops up, it's not moronic for them to waste their time beating on it.

Marauder logic ftw.

I see almost no change in class dynamics- marauders still on top, mercenaries still on the bottom.

But, again- we have to wait and see, level 55 pvp might have some surprises, and I'd much rather be basing my ire on the state of this class on how it's playing than on how it looks like it'll play.

Kindran
04.11.2013 , 11:39 AM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by Ed-ward View Post
As for heal spec i doubt it will work, but I am hopeful.
There were two things that made it possible to play a sage healer in rated: Bubble stun and Force wave root.
I just wanted to respond to this part. If you think it was the overload / forcewave root that made healing Sorcs amazing for rated and regular WZs. Then I have to wonder how much actual playing you did.

Sure, that root is good, but it is nothing in comparison to immunity on Force Speed. It was bubble stun and this immunity that allowed healing Sorcs to be amazing. BTW, Sorc / Sage healers are still amazing and do very well at level 55.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death's demise shall arise when Life's creation nullifies.
Kindran <Carnage Gaming> (The Shadowlands)

Ed-ward
04.11.2013 , 06:52 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by Kindran View Post
...Then I have to wonder how much actual playing you did.
...insulting me is not a way to conduct civilized discussion. You base your claim that I suck on the fact that I didn't name your favourite spell.

I am not even in the mood to answer you beyond that.

Next please..
ToFN EU, Forceborne legacy:
Sowelu (Sage 55), Plasmatica (Vanguard 55), Asurae (Sentinel 55), Starhaze (Smuggler 55),
Shandaara (Merc 55, Powertech 55), Arachné (Assassin 55), Dreadmaul (Juggernaut 55), Deathbloom (Operative 55)

MidichIorian
04.11.2013 , 08:50 PM | #528
IBTW, Sorc / Sage healers are still amazing and do very well at level 55.
While the sample size from the lvl 55 games I've played is rather small I havent seen a single sage/sorc healer come close to the operative/scoundrel numbers. Most games have been 2:1, in favor of the operative/scoundrel. Same goes for the majority of screenshots people have been posting.

DPS'wise, pretty much the same as 1.7. It doesnt feel like we were buffed, in comparison to other AC'es and health pool. It has become harder to stay alive though, due to the ridiculous bursts. You can have a sniper plant his **** and mitigate 5K on DF while he's launching 8K shots at you. Our defensive ability consists of a self-stun where no one is taking damage.

Kindran
04.11.2013 , 09:19 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by Ed-ward View Post
...insulting me is not a way to conduct civilized discussion. You base your claim that I suck on the fact that I didn't name your favourite spell.

I am not even in the mood to answer you beyond that.

Next please..
Never said you sucked, just questioned on how much you played due to what you said. Also, that is not my favorite spell. My favorite would have to be Force Storm, and just because something is my favorite does not mean it is the best. Immunity on Force Speed is HUGE and bubble stun was OP.

Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
While the sample size from the lvl 55 games I've played is rather small I havent seen a single sage/sorc healer come close to the operative/scoundrel numbers. Most games have been 2:1, in favor of the operative/scoundrel. Same goes for the majority of screenshots people have been posting.
When you have both healers guarded they each have their strong parts and both are near even. When neither have a guard then I would have to say an Operative is better. This only matters much in pug WZs when you are by yourself. When with friends(especially a protection friend) or in ranked WZs they both work very nicely =)
Death's demise shall arise when Life's creation nullifies.
Kindran <Carnage Gaming> (The Shadowlands)

MidichIorian
04.12.2013 , 06:16 PM | #530
.... or in ranked WZs they both work very nicely =)
I'm never going to base my opinion on the game of what takes place in rated warzones when less than 1 % of all games played are rated. While it in theory is great to look at a class's full potential I think we've reached the point where it would be more beneficial to everyone if we looked at how normal players perform instead. I don't think thousands of people should suffer just because one person, the chosen one, can pull it off.