Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Time for a PvP Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jayshames's Avatar


Jayshames
03.16.2013 , 07:03 AM | #511
I've played a Sorc DPS for months now, and as much as I enjoy the class it does indeed lack something. There's nothing a sorc can do that a sniper can't. Sure Snipers are a DPS only class and I'd expect them to be better at it, Snipers get better damage, better defensives, hell even better mobility (in my opinion). There's something clearly wrong there.

AdmiralParmesan's Avatar


AdmiralParmesan
03.16.2013 , 03:28 PM | #512
I kind of agree I feel like there is something seriously missing from the sorcerer class.

While 2.0 as is seems to be good, it still feels lacking. The damage changes are overall positive and my favorite spec lightning is very capable now. Force barrier although not exciting, is exactly something the sorc/sage needed. Before there was no reason for people to stop train focusing a sorc. Even still I don't think I will be re-subbing.

The class itself hasn't changed. The only fun part about full madness was its kiting ability and lightning was fun because it was a challenge. The sorcerer class is just lackluster, there are no epic feeling abilities or fun parts of the rotation. In fact the rotations appear to be almost exactly the same, damage modifiers have been changed but your attack priority hasn't.

I'm not one of the people saying that the class is garbage, its not. Personally I perform better than almost anyone in any given warzone regardless of spec. Currently though madness appears like it will still be equally useless for rated (crit rating change hurt this spec alot for pvp), lightning spec is now okay and the hybrid is still the best choice (and I hate the hybrid). The bubble stun nerf was expected and needed, but the lose of instant whirlwind baffles me. Our damage is now on par with other classes, but it seems every patch sorc CC abilities get nerfed and that is what I don't understand. With the exception of mercenaries and perhaps PT every other class has more CC options and abilities. I don't want to be a CC god by any means, but some interesting mechanics would be nice. For class that is pictured as the "glass cannon" of the game it is certainly lacking of any unique offensive cooldowns or cc; I guess you could say bubble stun and polarity shift are unique, but neither is interesting or fun to use.


To me the class I love has become.......boring
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

TwitchWINs's Avatar


TwitchWINs
03.16.2013 , 05:17 PM | #513
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
The 'broken' hybrid powertech spec has way more burst. And sorcs are still going to be shut down in 2.0.

They broke madness spec for no good reason, and lightning will never get a cast off. Immune to interrupt? - stun/mez
Sounds like a rank 1 backpeddler, while what you think is cute fact tends to think otherwise as we have played with a hybrid and lightning sorc in PTS rateds vs some of the best guilds in the game. I died less and took less damage in those games even when being focused because i know how to kite and its not a single player game my TEAM backed me up.
Bestworld - The Bastion
<Hey im pooping>
http://www.swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3751

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
03.16.2013 , 09:53 PM | #514
Quote: Originally Posted by TwitchWINs View Post
Sounds like a rank 1 backpeddler, while what you think is cute fact tends to think otherwise as we have played with a hybrid and lightning sorc in PTS rateds vs some of the best guilds in the game. I died less and took less damage in those games even when being focused because i know how to kite and its not a single player game my TEAM backed me up.
You are wasting your breath. If you think Sorcs are at all capable, the bads in here will insult you regardless of how much personal experience and success you have with the class. I've said all along we could use one or two changes. We need an execute. We need a defensive cooldown. I'd like instant lift back. That's really about it.

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
03.16.2013 , 09:53 PM | #515
Quote: Originally Posted by TwitchWINs View Post
Sounds like a rank 1 backpeddler, while what you think is cute fact tends to think otherwise as we have played with a hybrid and lightning sorc in PTS rateds vs some of the best guilds in the game. I died less and took less damage in those games even when being focused because i know how to kite and its not a single player game my TEAM backed me up.
Kind iof ironic but that's probably the only enviroment sorcs will work in now, for the simple reason that they have team support.
I think they would work equally good in 1.7 but teams/guilds quickly jumped to the conclusion that sorcs werent going to make it. Only reason people brought them (dps speced sorcs) on PTS was to try it and because they werent educated enough. A sorc can reach 1,5M and still be less of a factor than everyone els on the team.

That said, my conclusion, a conclusion based on not rated pug games on PTS, is still that sorcs indirectly were nerfed in 2.0. It doesnt matter if the stuff they so called gave us looks good on paper when everyone els got something better. Not to mention that the damage buffs arent making up for the HP the new gear has. Sorcs werent the only ones who got hit by the nerf to crit but it made things worse.

AdmiralParmesan's Avatar


AdmiralParmesan
03.16.2013 , 09:56 PM | #516
Sad that the sorc boards have more name calling and insulting than discussion.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Chemic_al's Avatar


Chemic_al
03.17.2013 , 04:33 AM | #517
Quote: Originally Posted by TwitchWINs View Post
Sounds like a rank 1 backpeddler,
Okay you want to start with that huh?

Quote:
while what you think is cute fact tends to think otherwise as we have played with a hybrid and lightning sorc in PTS rateds vs some of the best guilds in the game. I died less and took less damage in those games even when being focused because i know how to kite and its not a single player game my TEAM backed me up.
For all I know you were carried, because your team saved your sorry backside. You say "best guilds", I have no more proof they weren't scrubs. But hey keep making up stories, but next time keep them to yourself.

After all you want,

"polarity shift" immune to interrupts and able to cast lightning strike while moving for the duration.

Sooner wants,

" I've said all along we could use one or two changes. We need an execute. We need a defensive cooldown. I'd like instant lift back."

Which btw Sooner, is 3 changes, not 1 or 2, all the while proclaiming Sorcs are fine, yet wanting to label others as bad for wanting things, or pointing out problems with Sorcs at the moment.

Starting to smell a troll and is that, why yes, I think it is, just a smack of hypocrisy thrown in for good measure.

Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan
Sad that the sorc boards have more name calling and insulting than discussion.
Yeah. Oh well, what can you do?

TwitchWINs's Avatar


TwitchWINs
03.17.2013 , 05:06 AM | #518
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
You are wasting your breath. If you think Sorcs are at all capable, the bads in here will insult you regardless of how much personal experience and success you have with the class. I've said all along we could use one or two changes. We need an execute. We need a defensive cooldown. I'd like instant lift back. That's really about it.
Lol so thats why casual, squirtel squad nostrum and others i cant really think of atm all lost more games then they won when i was playing my sorc, right sorcs are horrible yet their still able to out damage and die less then other classes if played right. YOU SIR ARE A SMART PERSON WHO CLEARLY KNOWS ALL THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT EVERY CLASS. ))))

Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
For all I know you were carried, because your team saved your sorry backside. You say "best guilds", I have no more proof they weren't scrubs. But hey keep making up stories, but next time keep them to yourself.
Just as we have no proof of your no name guild, you wont even post it on ur sig. I am not scared so i post my guild is "Hey im mvp" dont come at me sideways u know who i am u can just look i have no fookin clue who you are lol

Even some horribly edited fun vids for you to find out more about me if you like

http://www.swtormovies.com/pv.php?l=LordRemedy
Bestworld - The Bastion
<Hey im pooping>
http://www.swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3751

CJnEw's Avatar


CJnEw
03.17.2013 , 05:21 AM | #519
Quote: Originally Posted by twitchwins View Post
even some horribly edited fun vids for you to find out more about me if you like

http://www.swtormovies.com/pv.php?l=lordremedy
lawl, fake mvp!
Advance || Turning-point | Ecnavda
<Hey im mvp>

SoonerJBD's Avatar


SoonerJBD
03.17.2013 , 10:04 AM | #520
Quote: Originally Posted by TwitchWINs View Post
Lol so thats why casual, squirtel squad nostrum and others i cant really think of atm all lost more games then they won when i was playing my sorc, right sorcs are horrible yet their still able to out damage and die less then other classes if played right. YOU SIR ARE A SMART PERSON WHO CLEARLY KNOWS ALL THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT EVERY CLASS. ))))
You do realize I was agreeing with you, right?