Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time for a PvP Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SoonerJBD
02.05.2013 , 10:51 AM | #451
Like I've said repeatedly, we could use a slight buff to damage and another survivability tool. But all that is needed is a slight tweak. These people continually acting like the class is totally broken just like to complain and will continue to do so unless and until they make Sorcs so overpowered that they can faceroll dominate in ranked warzones.

We do just fine in PvE. Slightly behind some other DPS classes, but we put out plenty of DPS to clear anything in the game.

In PvP we need a slight buff. Hopefully it will come with the level cap increase.

malicnchains
02.05.2013 , 11:02 AM | #452
Quote: Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
We can only pray that when they redo the skills for the new 55 level cap, they sort some of this out.

We are meant to be glass canons, fine I get that but we're glass canons with no balls....canon balls I mean.

That said, I've had top damage in the last 3 warzones I've been in, and yes that was pre 50 pvp, but even with there being level 47 warrior (my toon is level 25) smashing all over the place. You need to be really, really fast to survive as a sorc/sage. If you don't have your abilities keymapped properly for instant use you are doomed.
Pre 50 pvp isn't the problem ,it's end game pvp where you see the true imbalances.

malicnchains
02.05.2013 , 11:09 AM | #453
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Like I've said repeatedly, we could use a slight buff to damage and another survivability tool. But all that is needed is a slight tweak. These people continually acting like the class is totally broken just like to complain and will continue to do so unless and until they make Sorcs so overpowered that they can faceroll dominate in ranked warzones.

We do just fine in PvE. Slightly behind some other DPS classes, but we put out plenty of DPS to clear anything in the game.

In PvP we need a slight buff. Hopefully it will come with the level cap increase.
Correction we put out good aoe dps while our single target is piss poor,that goes for pve and pvp.An nodody wants our class to be op, we want to be able to stand a chance against those double glowstick wielding douches.I can pretty much garuntee you sir do not play end game sorc pvp.

SoonerJBD
02.05.2013 , 05:31 PM | #454
Quote: Originally Posted by malicnchains View Post
Correction we put out good aoe dps while our single target is piss poor,that goes for pve and pvp.An nodody wants our class to be op, we want to be able to stand a chance against those double glowstick wielding douches.I can pretty much garuntee you sir do not play end game sorc pvp.
Your guarantee would be incorrect. I have both a Sorc and a Sage, both DPS, who have been in full war hero gear for months. I've played DPS Sage since early access, and my Sorc was my second toon. DPS Sorcs and Sages can do perffectly fine in unranked warzones. I do just fine and routinely top DPS charts, and I'm not even one of the best Sages/Sorcs on my server, as I PvP more casually. In addition, I have cleared every raid in the game except for Nightmare EC, which I have not started yet.

The problem comes in ranked PvP, where balance problems are exaggerated. Yes, we need a slight damage buff and a survivability buff for ranked. I've never said otherwise. I'm just realistic about my expectations. I also think part of the problem isn't the design of Sages, but the overtuning of other classes, particularly Marauders.

malicnchains
02.05.2013 , 07:22 PM | #455
Yea I can pretty much consistantly get top damage also but thats all aoe damage ,and we all know aoe dps doesn't kill things.Our single target lacks severly.I personally prefer lightning over madness, but lightning itself is complete garbage.So now im stuck going hybrid.

SoonerJBD
02.05.2013 , 08:43 PM | #456
Yea I can pretty much consistantly get top damage also but thats all aoe damage ,and we all know aoe dps doesn't kill things.Our single target lacks severly.I personally prefer lightning over madness, but lightning itself is complete garbage.So now im stuck going hybrid.
I wasn't aware AOE damage didn't kill things. I could have sworn it did.

Try full madness. I like the 2-second root from Creeping Terror on low cooldown. Death field, mind crush, shock hits pretty hard. I have no problem one-on-one against most classes.

verfallen
02.05.2013 , 11:14 PM | #457
Have you met mr. Deathfield? Fairly sure be's an aoe, and fairly sure no one likes it in their face.

True against most class sorc starts at a disadvantage right now, but nothing a skilled player can't overcome. Issue in RWZ, is its all skilled teams, used to working together, and most have at least a basic mastery of their class.

There, the slight disadvantage represent win or loss. There, you are a weakest link in a way.

Also remember you must balance class potential, not the average skill level to play it. Some class appear as OP, like lolsmash, due to their rather straightforward rotation and anyone with a spare 5 minute on a dummy will prolly have the rotation down. On the other hand, dps sin are seen as underdogs by many, but reach dps in the 2k still.

Thats playstyle difficulty, and not class potential.

In another game I played, I always said about balance issue that YES 80% of the players were whinning about how something was obviously OP and another needed massive loving. I said you needed to look at high-skilled player and balance over what you saw there. They didn't. Result was a fiasco that nearly killed that game.

Sorc needs 3 thing imo:

-some proc that isn't % dependant
-some mobility in lightning
-an extra powerful defensive cooldown to help deal with the ammount of burst in pvp.

Give it that, make some tweaks so a very few talents go baseline and you'll have a very powerful class.

Imo some damage should also be switched to elemental/internal, but thats up for discussion since it could very well make it a bit too powerful.

Chemic_al
02.06.2013 , 03:08 AM | #458
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
I wasn't aware AOE damage didn't kill things. I could have sworn it did.

Try full madness. I like the 2-second root from Creeping Terror on low cooldown. Death field, mind crush, shock hits pretty hard. I have no problem one-on-one against most classes.
Mind Crush and Shock don't hit that hard. A sin's shock hits harder, with ways to guarantee a crit. Death Field, okay, but why is it the only AoE that hits 3 instead of 5 (afaik please point out the others)? And again alot more AoEs hit harder than it does.

AdmiralParmesan
02.06.2013 , 04:50 AM | #459
1v1 isn't a problem for madness, in fact full madness is one of the best class/specs for 1v1. The problem is that you can't get any considerable burst going as full madness. If you are good at kiting the survivability will be there if you play full madness, but what you can't fix is the bad force regen mechanic, terrible single target burst, over depedence on force lightnnig and the lack of dot protection. 1v1 the burst doesn't matter and neither does the force maintenance problems or the dot protection usually, but in the scope of a warzone this ruins the viability of the spec in rated.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

malicnchains
02.06.2013 , 03:40 PM | #460
I agree madness itself is fine,maybe a little tweaking here an there but over all I feel the spec is fine....But for people that don't really like the madness spec,thats the problem.I mained a shadow priest in wow so considering the sorcs playstyle is very similar i have grown fond of the class.I feel we can pretty much all agree though from a pvp stand point lightning tree needs some serious help.Lightning spec lacks adequate defensive capabilities and burst.An for the people that feel dps sorcs should compensate for there heals thats absolute crap.My heals honestly make no difference in a wz.I would gladly give up my heals for better damage or defence.