Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time for a PvP Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sartanis
01.16.2013 , 08:32 PM | #371
You, sir, are brilliant. I love all of these suggested changes; you have addressed all of the problems I have noticed in my painful days trying to scrape together some sort of dignity on the PVP field as a DPS Sorcerer.

One thing I would like to see is a better life-stealing mechanic for Madness. If Bioware could buff up the life-stealing on abilities like Death Field and things like Parasitism, that would give Madness Sorcerers a self-heal that could sustain us longer against the lol-smashers.

Disappointed at what I saw in the Bioware post on here. It's like they refuse to see that this class is broken and wish to nerf it even further into the ground. Yes, we understand class-balancing is a complicated task, but if you just acknowledge for us that something is terribly wrong with Sorcerers, we would rest easier and not be climbing your cage constantly.
Peace is a lie, there is only Passion. Through Passion, I gain Strength.
Through Strength, I gain Power. Through Power, I gain Victory.
Through Victory, my Chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

AdmiralParmesan
01.16.2013 , 11:31 PM | #372
Its not exactly like we are amazing pve dps anyway
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

SoonerJBD
01.16.2013 , 11:56 PM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
Its not exactly like we are amazing pve dps anyway
Gear and skill being equal, I don't think we are the top DPS class by any means for PvE, but we can put out plenty of damage, certainly enough to clear anything in the game. I've cleared everything except Nightmare EC, which I haven't tried yet, with both a Sorc and a Sage DPS.

AdmiralParmesan
01.17.2013 , 04:28 AM | #374
Well I just find it kind of sad that my elite warhero dps sorc is already being caught up to by my sniper in recruit with 4 pieces of WH/augments. I've only played a few games but I've already had 4.7k crits, the burst is easier to set up/get off and honestly......I think I'm actually less squishy than my sorcerer already.

I love my sorc and all, but every other class I play feels OP compared to it

Chemic_al
01.17.2013 , 05:33 AM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Doesn't make sense for Railshot to ignore 90% armor either.

And the thing won't be mitigated either by the base resistance to internal/elemental anyone with the Inq/sage buff has. It effecitively will hit like a truckload.

If you look at the various dps spec who are currently frowned at, you have concealment operative and sorc. What is the common point between the two? Kinetic/energy heavy, with no armor bypass.

Snipers/jug have access to an armor debuff, annihilation marauder's bleed are all internal, carnage have gore, PT are nearly all elemental, with as said a permanent 90% AP on its big hitter, merc's kinetic tree has a 35% armor pen on its cylinder.

Mostly tough, its fitting that a class that is designed as a glass cannon could bypass armor, since even tank dps can be threatening right now, and not even talking about those tank in dps gear or hybrids.

So making most of sorc's attack elemental imo makes sense. Now as far as mirror class goes, yah its somewhat confusing that PEBBLES would not be mitigated by armor, but heck, lets say they go in cracks in the armor and punch holes in the skins there, causing INTERNAL bleeding eh :P

But if other class have burst, sorc could easily take a position as the "unavoidable" damage dealer, burning Heavy armor class as if they were naked.

That said, I'm not exactly sure PvP TTK even allows that, but it WOULD make sense to have a RDPS that shines against some bosses in PvE by their ability to bypass armor.
Oh I quite agree, concealment ops get a 30% armour penetration with acid blade (scrapper's flechette round) iirc.

I'd also make sorc's crushing darkness internal, leaving sins as kinetic (like they get the passive 25% boost to shock and sorcs don't).

And yeah I'd love to see madness dots heal the user (removing the stupid parasitism talents) via a life leeching, and have them and shock do more damage when the target is under 30%.

Death field needs to hit 5, with a damage bump and force lightning for a madness sorc should be uninteruptable.

But at this point with 1.7 and the expansion I have no recourse but to take the overly pessimistic view of sorcs getting the buff they need, so to avoid disappointment I'm just melting face with a Pyro Powertech, not as much fun apart from watching people go boom in a burst of flames, but definitely more effective.

AdmiralParmesan
01.17.2013 , 06:42 PM | #376
If you want to play a real ranged dot damage class play lethality sniper. The dots actually hurt, you have a baseline root not tied to your main dot (because using creeping terror root on a target with creeping terror already up resets the dot timer, lowering damage) and exceptional burst damage, a mediocre dot protection mechanic and an execute; not to mention cover.

Best of all the majority of lethality sniper damage is internal so you can even burst down tanks. Our class is so poorly designed in comparison to the better functioning classes in game it saddens me.

fungihoujo
01.17.2013 , 08:41 PM | #377
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
If you want to play a real ranged dot damage class play lethality sniper. The dots actually hurt, you have a baseline root not tied to your main dot (because using creeping terror root on a target with creeping terror already up resets the dot timer, lowering damage) and exceptional burst damage, a mediocre dot protection mechanic and an execute; not to mention cover.

Best of all the majority of lethality sniper damage is internal so you can even burst down tanks. Our class is so poorly designed in comparison to the better functioning classes in game it saddens me.
I'm levelling up a leth sniper right now- she's level 34. Wow, the difference. Especially in Huttball and Alderaan. Get up on a ramp or up on the platform in central Ald and you're like a meat grinder- people can't even get close to me- and the best part is, since there's no ranged stuns anymore, PTs can't stun me and grapple from a distance, and sorcs can't bring you out of cover from 30m to helps allies pull/leap to you either- so I know I don't need to blow entrench until someone's within 10m of me.

Biggest issue- stealthers.

But yeah- the damage is so much better, my level 34 sniper gets bigger crits than my full WH sorc.

Trauma debuff, root, aoe instant mez, leap immune, interrupt immune, more damage, execute- etc.... yeah, snipers are the one true ranged class that feels really good to play as.

fantomjchx
01.17.2013 , 11:17 PM | #378
Yeah..Im so lazy to level alt or something I actually didnt level anything above lvl 10. But ofcrouse theres my little poor pathetic 1200 expertise / 2150 willpower / crit chance 37% Surge 79% little pathetic piece of fak sorcerer. Its so annoying to enter wz with that piece of crap and do no dmg and being free kill all the time.

I rerolled sniper as well a true range dps class which sorcere shouldve been...but nope. The idiots from BW if u dont buff sorc in next patch I dunno whats wrong with u guys, but something gottab e wrong.

wwkingms
01.18.2013 , 05:44 AM | #379
this thread is a waste of time

remember the pts forums when the initial sorc nerfs were posted?

the thread had to be reopened 3 times because there were so many posts..

still in close to 100k views of the thread there was not one dev response
NIHIL

THE BASTION

fungihoujo
01.18.2013 , 06:37 AM | #380
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
this thread is a waste of time

remember the pts forums when the initial sorc nerfs were posted?

the thread had to be reopened 3 times because there were so many posts..

still in close to 100k views of the thread there was not one dev response
Hey, we got a response here! Check it out.

BW was kind enough to let us know they're... nerfing stun bubble and making our class even more completely useless...

Small victories my friends, small victories...

/cold shower