Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time for a PvP Fix

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dufox
12.09.2012 , 06:41 PM | #191
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
........................................... u serious? A sage/sorc can stall longer than any other class? lol.....
Odd how u laughing at what I said makes me laugh at what ur saying

If u don't believe me then u haven't seen a sorc play at his best
i dont need a sig, im famous *****

fungihoujo
12.09.2012 , 07:30 PM | #192
Quote: Originally Posted by dufox View Post
Odd how u laughing at what I said makes me laugh at what ur saying

If u don't believe me then u haven't seen a sorc play at his best
Sounds more like you're on a server where everyone else is absolutely terrible.

SoonerJBD
12.09.2012 , 08:54 PM | #193
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
If we were in the territory of just needing a 'slight' buff, we wouldn't be absent from RWZ excluding the bubble stun- and who's to say we won't go back to being replaced by a second op for healing once again when that's nerfed?
Marauders need a nerf completely seperate of any buff we need. If we can all agree that Marauders are OP, and it seems like pretty much everyone does, why would you expect to be raised to the same level of OP as they are? I expect them to get a nerf and Sorcs/Sages to get a buff.

SoonerJBD
12.09.2012 , 08:56 PM | #194
Assassins, and stealth classes in general, are the best at single defending on nodes simply because they can mez, go back into stealth, then mez again when the first one wears off. That really isn't an open question.

Chemic_al
12.10.2012 , 05:26 AM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
As for your theory that I am "being carried," I've cleared TFB HM, I parse at 1500-plus in every boss fight, and I'm 1-2 with the Marauder in our group. He generally beats me by about 30k damage on Writhing Horror and TFB while I beat him by the same amount on the Dread Guard, Operator and Kephess. In Warzones, I primarily queue solo and play in whatever PuG group I get. And I routinely top the damage charts. I do 300-500k in almost every warzone along with 100k healing at minimum. If I'm being guarded and/or healed, I can do 700k or more damage. My experience in rated warzones tells me we don't do as well when the opposing team really knows what it is doing. That's why I think a bit more utility and a 5 percent damage buff is needed. But again, I am realistic. We are not going to get a 15 percent damage buff, and if we did, we would be the new faceroll class. If you can't get near the top in damage on regular Warzones, get better gear and/or learn to play. If your complaint is about our place in rated Warzones, there is a legitimate beef, but it simply isn't as bad as you are making it out to be.
Your 100k healing is probably not much more than you hitting your self-heal. But that's by the by, no, I have no need to "L2P", or get better gear, I have full auged WH thanks. 300-500k is easy enough to do per wz, but you know as well as I do, that number is aoe padded, and stronger single-target "burstier" dps classes are having more of an effect on the outcome of the wz.

And finally you start to admit that sorc/sage is not fine, "if the other team know what they're doing ... " and "there's a legitimate beef with a place in ranked wz". Do elaborate, since previous posts of yours seem to think we have all we need to do well, and you were the one asking "what more do you want?". So let's turn it around, you tell us... a 5% buff in damage is clear, but "a bit more utility" is awfully vague.

fungihoujo
12.10.2012 , 07:14 AM | #196
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
Marauders need a nerf completely seperate of any buff we need. If we can all agree that Marauders are OP, and it seems like pretty much everyone does, why would you expect to be raised to the same level of OP as they are? I expect them to get a nerf and Sorcs/Sages to get a buff.
Why expect them to get a nerf when they haven't despite being top for eight months- with zero sign that BW even considers anything wrong- they haven't even given a sign they consider the rage smash spec OP.

Sorcs, same thing- no decent buff in that long- end up with an instant heal but get a nerf to our KB and stun in return.

Why exactly do you expect them to buff us? Where is this confidence coming from? Is it perhaps from their addressing the complaints about mercs by saying that they believe merc's main problem is they aren't pillar humping well enough?

We have 3 classes- sorcs, ops, mercs- that have been bottom rung in RWZ dps slots for eight months- while mara have been number one that long, with PT and sins following shortly after, and snipers gradually getting better and better, and now even juggs have a slice of that pie.

All in all though- the relative balance of classes has changed very little since 1.2.

Jawa-Punter
12.10.2012 , 10:15 AM | #197
Just wait a while. We'll get buffed. I just started playing again so I was surprised at the current state of the class. When I quit Sorcs and sages were the OP FOTM class. We'll get our turn again. In MMOs everything goes through perpetual gimp/OP cycles.

SoonerJBD
12.10.2012 , 11:21 AM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Chemic_al View Post
Your 100k healing is probably not much more than you hitting your self-heal. But that's by the by, no, I have no need to "L2P", or get better gear, I have full auged WH thanks. 300-500k is easy enough to do per wz, but you know as well as I do, that number is aoe padded, and stronger single-target "burstier" dps classes are having more of an effect on the outcome of the wz.

And finally you start to admit that sorc/sage is not fine, "if the other team know what they're doing ... " and "there's a legitimate beef with a place in ranked wz". Do elaborate, since previous posts of yours seem to think we have all we need to do well, and you were the one asking "what more do you want?". So let's turn it around, you tell us... a 5% buff in damage is clear, but "a bit more utility" is awfully vague.
You have to actually read my posts. I know that is hard. I've said before, another escape would be nice. Barring that, root protection on force speed might help. I've said all along we need a slight damage buff. I just think 15 percent is unrealistic and unnecessary.

SoonerJBD
12.10.2012 , 11:25 AM | #199
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Why expect them to get a nerf when they haven't despite being top for eight months- with zero sign that BW even considers anything wrong- they haven't even given a sign they consider the rage smash spec OP.

Sorcs, same thing- no decent buff in that long- end up with an instant heal but get a nerf to our KB and stun in return.

Why exactly do you expect them to buff us? Where is this confidence coming from? Is it perhaps from their addressing the complaints about mercs by saying that they believe merc's main problem is they aren't pillar humping well enough?

We have 3 classes- sorcs, ops, mercs- that have been bottom rung in RWZ dps slots for eight months- while mara have been number one that long, with PT and sins following shortly after, and snipers gradually getting better and better, and now even juggs have a slice of that pie.

All in all though- the relative balance of classes has changed very little since 1.2.
My wording wasn't perfect. I expect Maruaders to get a nerf. I do not necessarily expect sorcs/sages to get a buff, but I do think we need one. Smash is the most complained about mechanic in PvP by far. I don't know whether it will be enough of a nerf, but I do expect it will be tuned down some way or another.

If I were the one making the balance changes, I would nerf rage/focus, and I would buff sage/sorc damage by 5 percent. That is what I think is needed.

ClockworkSoldier
12.10.2012 , 01:37 PM | #200
Let's get this straight once and for all. Sorcs are not going to get a damage increase!

I will tell you why.... It is simple sorc like other classes that cast can bypass GCD straight after a cast. With changing your rotation you can do allot of damage in a very short space of time however the issue is the set up time in order to do this is stupid and provides you no ability to kite. below I have listed the rotation I use that will take half to nearly all of some ones health bar.

I use a madness - lightning build as frankly the full trees are to week in dps output and frankly I'm not the type of player to fake numbers by spamming affliction on every one for a whole WZ!

Cast Crushing darkness, right as the cast ends hit the affliction skill (this will cast in one animation bypassing GCD)

Next cast lightning strike (this has the 30% proc chance) and use the same trick as above straight into Force lightning The damage from Lightning strike will hit at the same time as teh first tick of force lightning + any dots.

Right at the end of force lightning use shock.

This can change however, if you proc CL replace shock with CL and lightning infusion will make you do allot of damage very quickly, allowing you to repeat your next combo.

Repeat this final combo. Lightning strike + Force Lightning + Shock.

I've tested this and apart from the beastly set up time it takes to get this on someone i have dropped a PT with 1300 Ex to 20% finishing him off, with the repeat of the last combo.

Additional: if Bioware removes bypassing GCD and makes you cast each skill, the DPS Sorc will be no more.

Personally I think the bubble is fine it finaly allows teh ranged classes to play a more active role in ranked WZ's. opposed to the melee WTFPWN dps train.

What I think they should do is remove the ability to triger it early. This would stop a 3k a flame burst spam PT having an extra 3 second stun! But hey who am I, I'm just a sorc player lol!