Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

What if tPM was good?


Diablo_Cow's Avatar


Diablo_Cow
11.27.2012 , 11:07 PM | #11
Well I enjoyed the story of Anakin's fall portrayed in the movies. But individually each movie has its atrocious moments. Jar Jar Binks is a glaring example. He played too big of a role in TPM only to get seconds of film time in the other movies. Since that happened I believe he should have been killed outright in TPM and replaced with another gungan. I am not against gungans, just Binks. Like the guy in the video stated, Anakin should have been about ten years older. It's creepy that Padme even though she is a teenager, years later falls in love and has babies with an eight year old kid who pretty was a creeper. The dialogue in ATC was pretty bad but if done right I think the romance story would have been better especially if Anakin were older (seriously that romance screams of statutory ****). Then ROTS could have given Padme a better death than giving up. She should have died from a crushed trachea or something else related to being force choked.

I agree with a lot of what the guy in the video says except the Obi-wan/Padme romance. It has to be Anakin and Padme or else Luke and Leia can't exist.

davidpop's Avatar


davidpop
11.28.2012 , 02:42 AM | #12
What if all the losers who makes stupid pointless youtube videos, where they pass their opinions off as facts, got jobs.

Not that would be something.

LegendaryBlade's Avatar


LegendaryBlade
11.28.2012 , 03:01 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Dueling scenes in the OT are not accurate, maybe accurate for today's world. But in a universe like SW where the two combatants are skilled Force-Users and can do all types of attacks with the force. It made no sense for them to be moving so slow.
The fact that they can use the force to feel the world around them and predict second in to the future is only more reason for their technique to be less sloppy.

Prequel saber technique is all rule of cool and no practicality or realism. It pleases people who like to turn their brains off for movies and just want to watch fast paced high octane shlock, on the same level as Transformers. They're decent popcorn films, but they can hardly be considered anything more than that. If that's what kind of film you you like than, hey, there ya go.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

mefit's Avatar


mefit
11.28.2012 , 07:28 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Entertainment is subjective, some like it some don't. I liked the PT, don't understand why people insist on trying to shove their own views on what movies are good and which are bad.
I agree with all wise and powerful Wolf !

I loved the PT

I loved the OT

I will most likely love the ST
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

mefit's Avatar


mefit
11.28.2012 , 07:30 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Dueling scenes in the OT are not accurate, maybe accurate for today's world. But in a universe like SW where the two combatants are skilled Force-Users and can do all types of attacks with the force. It made no sense for them to be moving so slow.
People moved slower in the 70s and somethings cannot be edited in or out !
I myself have posted on this which I agree how you feel on the topic , but the fights themselves are still EPIC !
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server

LegendaryBlade's Avatar


LegendaryBlade
11.28.2012 , 08:05 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
People moved slower in the 70s and somethings cannot be edited in or out !
I myself have posted on this which I agree how you feel on the topic , but the fights themselves are still EPIC !
I disagree.

I'd rather have slower, but more proper fights than rule of cool backflip fests. Or, at least, the happy medium that you find in KOTOR.
Star Trek Online Science Officer - "To boldy go where no man has gone before."
Jung Ma RP-PVP Server:
Armetage - Gunslinger

davidpop's Avatar


davidpop
11.28.2012 , 09:25 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by mefit View Post
People moved slower in the 70s !
Sometimes i wonder if people really belive the nonsense they post themself lol...

BlznSmri's Avatar


BlznSmri
11.28.2012 , 12:13 PM | #18
In the 70's Lucas told the choreographers that, while the light sabers were "light" weapons, consisting of only the hilt, they were very heavy and would be used more as great-swords. This is why the combat in the OT, especially A New Hope, was "slow." In the PT this whole idea changed and they changed from "Heavy Greatsword" to "Light foil" that allowed for more gyroscopic and agile movement.

While the "slower" combat of the OT might be more realistic the PT is more spectacular and fun to watch for the lay man. Also, just because something looked spectacular, that doesn't mean it was sloppy. In fact, the PT combat was far more technical than the OT combat because there was less room for error.
APOSTATES
Website | Recruitment | About Us
Jokerseven - Shadow | Ce'lia - Sentinel
Sentinel PvE Basics/ Marauder PvE Basics

StarChompo's Avatar


StarChompo
11.29.2012 , 05:42 AM | #19
I enjoyed the prequals a lot. Sure, being an older fan, the old ones were better (to me).
That doesn't mean that the new ones were garbage.

Personally, Jar Jar got old in Ep. I. However, my wife, who is younger than me loves the guy, because she was about 10 when she saw it. I'm not going to let a bit character ruin a whole movie for me though. Fast forward is good.
It was great seeing a young Obi Wan taking down a Sith. Liam Neeson as a Jedi, always a good thing. Seeing Yoda again, awesome! Seeing Palps as just a senator was very neat.

Episode 2 (for me as an older fan) is enjoyable for me because of the Obi Wan as detective parts, chasing Jango and discovering far more than he expected. The wife loves the Anikan /Padme stuff (sammich time for me). The arena fight is pretty cool, and though Yoda on crack was a bit much for me, I can understand why other people would like it.

Episode III is about even with RotJ on my personal scale. Parts aren't great (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!) but it was awesome finally seeing Obi Wan put Vader in the Lava, 22 years after picturing it in my minds eye, after reading the RotJ novel for the first time and finding out why Vader wore his suit.
The first space battle was awesome looking (ignore the Buzz droids older fans), seeing the capitol ships slugging it out toe to toe.I liked all the lightsaber fights in it as well.

For me, the prequals made the character of Obi Wan one of my favorite SW characters, whereas before the prequals he was just the old guy who helped Luke until Yoda showed up.

As far as PT vs. OT lightsaber fights, the PT are far better. The Luke vs Vader on Cloud city will most likely be my favorite piece of a movie forever, but even that fight, on a technical level, is steps below the fights in PT.
I can't wait to see what episodes VII-IX will bring us in the way of saber fights.