Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preferred Status Players Increase in Quickbars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preferred Status Players Increase in Quickbars
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

brucealan
11.27.2012 , 10:54 AM | #61
Wow... A couple more cave ins like that and I can drop my sub and go free to play!

monkgryphon
11.27.2012 , 11:45 AM | #62
Awesome. I approve.

Gavin_Kelvar
11.27.2012 , 01:05 PM | #63
Glad to hear this change will be made. It seemed like a stupid restriction to begin with but it also felt odd that they hadn't had the (logical) formula of 2/4/6 for F2P/Preferred/Sub to begin with. At any rate good job devs, giving people more bang for their buck when upgrading to Preferred can only be a good thing in encouraging people to spend cash.

I still think that the "hide head slot/unify colors" is a bit silly to not have. That being said those features weren't always in the game so I think it won't kill people to not have access to them off the bat. Although I think the account wide price should be lowered to be closer to the "display legacy name/titles" which server a comparable cosmetic/vanity purpose.

The next thing I'd change is completely removing the guild bank access. I think who has access should be decided by the guild, not by who subs/buys the unlock.

Skyrison
11.27.2012 , 02:52 PM | #64
To bring even more players in and keep them. Just make the f2p all preferred That would make A TON of people happy. I think anyway.
Legacy of the Eternal

Kamioni
11.27.2012 , 03:55 PM | #65
Thank you. As a F2P player, this change has been enough to get me to subscribe for a while.

TonyACT
11.27.2012 , 08:18 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Galbatorrix View Post
No, this will actually just cause more F2P QQing. Now that you know your QQing will get you more free stuff...
Your qq is what most people would refer to as feedback - just because you disagree with it doesn't make it invalid.

BaronV
11.28.2012 , 01:26 AM | #67
This doesnt affect me as Im a sub, but arent we giving away abit too much? Even if it is for "preferred players".. Afterall its really cheap to be a "preferred" player... just $4.99!

At least make it so that you HAVE to have subbed at least once in order to be a preferred player... That or maybe just give 3 instead of 4 quickbars. (3 is wnough to comfortably play the game. 4 or more a er for luxury/convenience)

Otherwise i feel too much is being given away for free
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee

Gavin_Kelvar
11.28.2012 , 11:17 AM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
This doesnt affect me as Im a sub, but arent we giving away abit too much? Even if it is for "preferred players".. Afterall its really cheap to be a "preferred" player... just $4.99!

At least make it so that you HAVE to have subbed at least once in order to be a preferred player... That or maybe just give 3 instead of 4 quickbars. (3 is wnough to comfortably play the game. 4 or more a er for luxury/convenience)

Otherwise i feel too much is being given away for free
Arguably it makes more sense since it follows a 2/4/6 scaled upgrade model as opposed to 2/2/4 no scaled upgrade model.

At any rate as a subscriber I'm glad they're doing this. I think the more preferred is adapted to be a distinct bridge between F2P and Subscriber in terms of features the better. It gives more people incentive to buy something (CC or temporarily subscribe) and the more money the game gets the better. I think it's fair if Preferred continues on this trend of scaled upgrade where it meets halfway between what F2P and Subs get.

If Preferred status doesn't grant much in upgrades/middle ground between F2P/Sub less people it'll just give people the negative impression that the devs are trying to bully people into subscribing by giving people minimal value for shelling out some cash unless that cash is for a sub.

OddballEasyEight
11.29.2012 , 02:47 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I would tend to guess no refund. They seem to have established a very strong pattern of never refunding any cartel coins for any reason ever. They'll do something else. Anything else.
The cartel shop has been out for all of what? 2 weeks?
Not enough time to establish any patterns really...
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.

OddballEasyEight
11.29.2012 , 02:50 AM | #70
Nice to see they are listening to reason.

IMHO the worst and most detrimental of all restrictions is the -30% xp.
It might not seem like much to a subscriber, but if you count in the fact that they cant do flashpoints, space missions and PvP to fill out those xp and they dont get any rested xp either, this means they fall far behind the leveling curve even when doing all the side missions and heroics.
This then leads to people playing Alderaan at lvl 20-25 and constantly spamming the general chat for help from higher level players to do their class quests...

Thats bad for everyone.
Apparantly I have multiple accounts. And apparantly I argue with myself on those accounts.
http://www.swtor.com/r/6S24xq free stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ-...roj4L9Q/videos my blaster sound videos.