Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Preferred Status Players Increase in Quickbars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Preferred Status Players Increase in Quickbars
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GARhenus
11.26.2012 , 10:56 PM | #41
looking for more stuff to bring up

I do have some, but damn i appreciate it even tho i wasted my cc coins on unlocking quickbars on my other account

Idunhavaname
11.26.2012 , 10:58 PM | #42
I retract most of the bad things I've said about you BioWare <3

RIP orange pixel

BadOrb
11.26.2012 , 11:01 PM | #43
I see it now seems to have moved 3 pages fowrard but ok ty. good job.

Deleted original post.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12

AshlaBoga
11.27.2012 , 01:08 AM | #44
Sweet. Now there's only 2 things left for them to do.

1. The 5th and 6th Quickbars keep resetting making them a chore fix - whenever I log out they reset.
2. Return the Cartel Coins Preferred Players who purchased 2 QBs.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

Cave
11.27.2012 , 01:48 AM | #45
It's good to see you are saying listening to the players, Bioware. But why didn't you listen to the test server testers that told you that and ensured you'd patch in four quickbars for preferred status players? At least you're making amends.
I won't be really convinced that you do listen to the players, however, until you announce that long-requested features like chat bubbles (including a toggle option) (have been requested and promised by Bioware representatives to be "top priority" and added "soon" over and over again for almost a year now!) to be finally patched into the game for everyone to use! It's perhaps the oldest gripe there is with this game, with many current and also new and returning players being repelled by the lack of chat bubbles and I've seen many a player that gave the game another chance for free to play leave it again because this essential communications feature is missing.
I've cancelled my subscription due to the lack of Chat Bubbles.
I will never give EA or Bioware another cent or play any of their games or use any of their software again until speech bubbles that fully display /say, /yell and /emote chat are implemented in Star Wars: The Old Republic and the needs of socializers and roleplayers are finally taken seriously.

Rankyn
11.27.2012 , 02:01 AM | #46
Good call.
That'll probably a little of the whining.

Axlis
11.27.2012 , 02:16 AM | #47
This is a HUGE move imo. This F2P model is by far the most restrictive I've ever seen, but really the 2 quickbars was the only thing that really hurt it. Now anyone that does anything aside from quest can breath a little easier.

I doubt this will hurt them on the $$$ since lottery boxes are going to be 80-90% of their earnings in my estimation. I just hope they don't end up like STO and neglect content for new interesting lottery boxes. I enjoy the thrill of a pakc from the cartel store every now and then, but I don't want those packs to be the only real source of new content for me.

JaniLeitquenen
11.27.2012 , 02:31 AM | #48
A very wise choice. Only having two quickbars is a hindrance from level 20-something onwards, and detrimental to players' gameplay experience, so it won't get people to play. Now, making any purchase also gives you two quickbars, which is good. It makes you want to spend, instead of not want to play.

Also, as a suscriber, this doesn't detract from my experience at all, so I think it's a very good step forward.

Senden
11.27.2012 , 02:54 AM | #49
At least they are showing some form of intelligence and making changes accordingly. Probably only after testing the waters and seeing EA's greed driving former sub players away. Still, even proper f2p players deserve 4 quickbars.. charge people for good content worth paying for not basic features like quickbars.. maybe they'll realize this sometime in the new year when they fail to make a sustainable amount of money from the current restrictions.

Lord_Ravenhurst
11.27.2012 , 03:12 AM | #50
A wise decision