Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A bit shocked

Emperiatos
11.26.2012 , 03:13 PM | #1
Is this a joke? The lizard companion has no weapons for him. im 20 and are still using the lvl 8 weapon...who's idea was it to do that?

It says in his weapon skill that he can use any one hander related to aim stats...well, i have an epic techstaff with aim but he cant use that....is this the only companion in the game with a broken weapon system?
Justice Will Prevail!

LarathWolf
11.26.2012 , 03:24 PM | #2
he uses tech blade
Primary Stat: Aim
Secondary Stat: Endurance

Primary Weapon: Techblade
Secondary Weapon: Shield Generator

Joesixxpack
11.26.2012 , 03:27 PM | #3
It works, but he doesn't use any and all aim stat weapons. Gear for him will periodically show as quest rewards. You can get more from loot, buy off the trade network, buy with commendations, buy from some other player who can craft it for you...
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

Rhinzual
11.27.2012 , 06:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
It works, but he doesn't use any and all aim stat weapons. Gear for him will periodically show as quest rewards. You can get more from loot, buy off the trade network, buy with commendations, buy from some other player who can craft it for you...
This is probably the biggest issue for companions using more exotic weapon and stat types. Those like Mako, Corso, Kaliyo, Kira, Elara, etc, use weapons that can be found as loot from FPs as an orange drop that can continue to be modded up the levels. Qyzen, Khem Val, SCORPIO, etc use very rare and difficult-to-come-by weapons and it does hinder their effectiveness.

Khevar
11.27.2012 , 02:10 PM | #5
At level 20 armstech can make a moddable techblade. I bought one off the gtn for not much credits and used barrels, mods and enhancements to keep Qyzen up to snuff.

lokdron
11.28.2012 , 01:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhinzual View Post
This is probably the biggest issue for companions using more exotic weapon and stat types. Those like Mako, Corso, Kaliyo, Kira, Elara, etc, use weapons that can be found as loot from FPs as an orange drop that can continue to be modded up the levels. Qyzen, Khem Val, SCORPIO, etc use very rare and difficult-to-come-by weapons and it does hinder their effectiveness.
Khem val is easy to gear he uses sith warrior gear and you can easily get a mod vibrosword from commendation vendor or gtn. Scorpio and Qyzen I agree with.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Rhiaden
11.28.2012 , 05:01 AM | #7
You can get gear for him from commendations. There is a blade for him in Coruscant, I think its 10 commendations.

ZeroPlus
11.28.2012 , 05:38 AM | #8
Just stop by a weapons vendor (ANY weapons vendor on ANY planet (except the starter planets)) and they will have "green named" moddable Techblades for sale (they also sell moddable TechStaffs and VibroBlades).
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

SteveGarbage
11.28.2012 , 10:48 AM | #9
Both of those last two are correct. They're not orange grade like you would expect, but you can find moddable green techblades for Qyzen. There's one available through the commendation vendor on Coruscant and as you can find them later from weapon vendors. They're out there and they're upgradeable so you should never need a new one once you get one.
Ebon Hawk Server - RP/East
Arteris Silverquill 50 Sentinel Watchman
|||Father of|||
Arianya Silverquill 20 Shadow Kinetic

Negranit
11.29.2012 , 06:10 PM | #10
Personally I find that weapons I get as rewards for doing quests are more than enough to keep Qyzen updated.