Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Caedus vs Yoda

darthnamel
12.05.2012 , 05:38 PM | #41
I am Caedus, flowwalk back to when yoda was training, watch his techniques. The fast forward to Yoda as a Jedi master fighting Dooku. Flow-walking would even help in their duel, example is how the Horn daughter did when she had that psychosis. Or use his shatterpoint on yoda. We must also consider that since he is a scion of the skywalker line , he has a greater force potential that Yoda AND Palpatine.

Don't get me wrong Papatine is my favorite sith but Caedus also has techniques Sidious never learned, cough the White Current. I would personally like it if a company actually made simulations of this like Ultimate Warrior.

VigDiath
12.05.2012 , 06:03 PM | #42
Considering the fact that Caedus lost to his sister I'm going with Yoda. I know people will say that he was anguished toward the end of his fight but it still doesn't account for the fact that she stomping him out before he started thinking of his daughter. Or did I forget how that battle went? It's been almost a year or more since I read the books.

Caedus is powerful but I gotta give it to Yoda. Yoda has speed, stature, strength in the force and agility. He was also confident for someone only 2-3 ft tall. Confidence goes a long way when dueling. Caedus was not always confident in his actions, something that Yoda could easily take advantage of.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

darthnamel
12.05.2012 , 08:04 PM | #43
You forgot the fact that Jaina is the Sword of The Jedi. And plus if you read the parts where Luke is meditating during the final battle helping Jaina. Caedus was distracted, that alone take down both Jedi and Sith. He in the end sacrificed himself to preserve the life of his child, which was HIS goal. If she died all he did would have been for nothing, the vision he had after he felt Jaina coming to him.

Force powers alone his are more diverse than Yoda's, And even if Caedus is disarmed that won't stop him. Yoda is strong but he only uses the basics, to great effect. I think it would be a hard battle, but even with Yoda's speed Caedus' flow walking can counter that. Speed alone cannot beat the Flow-walking.

In these situations:

Caedus hide in force. Sneak attack.
Yoda senses it, dodges
Caedus uses force
Yoda draws force barrier
Caedus tears through barrier, pushing Yoda towards the wall
Yoda uses augmented speed to escape hitting the wall flips with lightsaber in hand.
Caedus draws his blade, reading himself in the force
Yoda disarms Caedus
Caedus graps the Yoda's lit saber, absorbs energy
Yoda flips backwards and prepares for a force attack
Caedus pulls his lightsaber to him, saluting the venerable Jedi
Yoda rushes forward,
Caedus Flow walked knowing what to expect,
Yoda grips Caedus in the force
Caedus smiles and breaks Yoda's neck
Yoda would never harm a weaponless oponent.
Caedus is smart enough to know Yoda's history since he can flow walk and see Jedi of his grandfather's age.

(P.S. Caedus Flow-walked back and saw alot of things like Anakin's appointment to the Council.)

Castiel
12.11.2012 , 03:03 AM | #44
Caedus.

Andge
12.12.2012 , 12:39 PM | #45
Yoda no doubt.

Yoda, though he might not always win, is unbeatable.

In a fight to death, Yoda wins. Period.

Rayla_Felana
12.12.2012 , 12:41 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Andge View Post
Yoda no doubt.

Yoda, though he might not always win, is unbeatable.

In a fight to death, Yoda wins. Period.
That's why Darth Sidious literally toyed with him in the Battle of the Senate Tower.

Andge
12.12.2012 , 01:34 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
That's why Darth Sidious literally toyed with him in the Battle of the Senate Tower.
Now you're just making things up. Sidious didn't toy with him. If he did, he would have decided to kill Yoda instead.
Yoda withdrew from the fight., but was not beaten as in killed, KO'ed or captured.
No-one knows what Yoda is capable of with no exit, fighting till death. Yoda would hands down defeat Darth Caedus in such a fight.

Aurbere
12.12.2012 , 01:39 PM | #48
Now you're just making things up. Sidious didn't toy with him. If he did, he would have decided to kill Yoda instead.
Yoda withdrew from the fight., but was not beaten as in killed, KO'ed or captured.
No-one knows what Yoda is capable of with no exit, fighting till death. Yoda would hands down defeat Darth Caedus in such a fight.
Yoda is one powerful Jedi. One of the most powerful Jedi of all time, but he could not beat Sidious. Yoda even acknowledges this. He had prepared the Jedi Order to fight the Sith Empire, not this new breed of Sith. The Banite Sith were incredibly powerful, but also very smart and deceptive. Darth Bane's Rule of Two ensured that the Jedi would lose. Yoda couldn't beat Sidious.

As for the fight with Caedus. Yoda wouldn't go down easy, but Caedus would pull it out in the end.
Added Chapter 54 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Rayla_Felana
12.12.2012 , 01:40 PM | #49
Try not to insult people next time you have an argument.

Read the official, practically Word of God canon novelization of the Revenge of the Sith, the Yoda vs Sidious battle is done from the POV of Yoda and his mindset, he literally admits to himself that even though he was the greatest champion of the light the Jedi had ever forged, even though he had the experience, wisdom and strength no Jedi had ever seen before, he just didn't have it, he gave it his all against Sidious, but Sidious just half-heartedly swats aside most of his attempts to attack the Emperor, he realises that whilst the Jedi had spent a thousand years preparing to fight the last war and the same enemy, the Sith had spent that time, evolving, growing and becoming more powerful than ever before, he knows he has no chance to defeat the Emperor and that's why he leaves.

Andge
12.12.2012 , 02:15 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Try not to insult people next time you have an argument.
Try not to make things up, just to win, next time you have an argument.

I'm not saying Sidious didn't drive Yoda back. But if Sidious could have killed Yoda, he would. So, no, "toying" is you making things up.