Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kicked From SM FP's?

Darkwords
03.27.2013 , 05:14 AM | #31
Mixed thoughts on this...a 15k healer managed to keep up up along with a fairly geared partner to help through tfb/ec weeklies last night but when we moved to do KP HM, he was the cause of our wipe. He died and could not keep up on the first boss heals. I healed myself occasionally to help out through the other 2 weeklies and was almost the last person standing as a dps in KPhm. We did express concern before we started but he insisted he could hang in there.

People need to not be selfish and jeopardize the group to carry them for gear and do the normal progression of Tio/Columi to Rak or put the effort into modding themselves some before doing HM Ops.

Kurokage
03.27.2013 , 06:31 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DonkeyGobbler View Post
Strangely, I've vowed never to run Hammer Station again with pugs, which is ridiculous because it isn't hard. However, the very simple mechanics of the final boss seem too much for the average levelling player and I've lost count of the amount of times I've wiped there because of sub-standard healing or dps who stand in aoe and ignore the adds.
I don't think I've ever gotten through Hammer Station without wiping at least once on the final boss, either due to stupidity or just bad luck. I remember one time when I was running it as a Sorc healer, and he kept tossing those landmines or whatever they are right under my feet so I had to keep moving around, which really impeded my healing.

I actually have really bad luck with FP bosses while playing my Sorc. That Athiss run I mentioned was so annoying not just because of bad teammates, but also because the Beast was just a tedious fight. It seems to have a habit of knocking people back far enough to send them out of range, so I had to run around a lot to be able to heal everyone. Couple that with the adds that all three players were ignoring to focus on the Beast, and it made for a long, tedious, and annoying fight.
The Kypri Legacy - Jedi Covenant
Trysani: 60 Sorcerer | Alyann: 60 Operative
Evumei: 47 Scoundrel

Belly
03.28.2013 , 05:14 AM | #33
I've been pretty fortunate when it comes to group finder. I can only remember one group where I had a complete d-bag as a tank. It was SM Hammer station. There's an exhaustion zone that for some reason he tried to run though. Then he got all pissy when I was unable to heal him. And none of the DPS even tried to get the adds off me during the final boss. So we wiped a few times. I'm usually pretty composed but I almost lost it there. I put all three of them on ignore.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

slafko
03.28.2013 , 06:46 AM | #34
I loved the "Y NO HEALS" spam I got from a dead dps in Hammer Station.

"Because you weren't moving out of aoe, you *******."

Atramar
03.28.2013 , 06:51 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkwords View Post
Mixed thoughts on this...a 15k healer managed to keep up up along with a fairly geared partner to help through tfb/ec weeklies last night but when we moved to do KP HM, he was the cause of our wipe. He died and could not keep up on the first boss heals. I healed myself occasionally to help out through the other 2 weeklies and was almost the last person standing as a dps in KPhm. We did express concern before we started but he insisted he could hang in there.

People need to not be selfish and jeopardize the group to carry them for gear and do the normal progression of Tio/Columi to Rak or put the effort into modding themselves some before doing HM Ops.
To be fair, first KP fight is a pain for low geared healer.. if by accident 6 people get hit by hand slap, that's almost guaranteed energy death for healers (specially non sorc/sage ones), while others are more controlable (unless stupid).
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

generations
03.28.2013 , 03:59 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Siorac View Post
I don't think I ever even checked the gear of anyone during a levelling flashpoint, unless their HP was noticeably low for their level. Gear is almost irrelevant in these unless you purposefully screw it up by, I don't know, stacking Aim as a Guardian.
What he said

eastgotenks
03.28.2013 , 09:08 PM | #37
I only ever been kicked once, and it was on my first 50 FP. I was kicked right at the beginning because "it was funny". Luckily I have not been kicked since that day.

Fiamma_Verde
03.31.2013 , 09:32 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkwords View Post

For the first boss it might not have been the healer. That fight can go either way, where it can be solo healed, or if the rest of the party is consistently getting swiped it will become a lot more challenging.

Not saying that that was definitely the case, but it is more than possible.

Mquest
03.31.2013 , 02:35 PM | #39
Meh, I've been kicked from a HM False Emperor group before when I was queued as tank and one of the dps wanted to tank instead of me, and I protested... The dps initiated the kick before even attempting to tank at all and everyone else voted to kick me... Even though I had 21k health and full rakata, compared to the dps marauder with 15k health in half tionese half columi who thought they could do a betetr job than me. This was all after we had gone through 3 groups of mobs and I maintained aggro on every mob the entire time without my health going below 80%... So yeah, people like to kick for no apparent reason sometimes... I feel your pain OP

facesofderek
04.05.2013 , 05:07 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by DonkeyGobbler View Post
Strangely, I've vowed never to run Hammer Station again with pugs, which is ridiculous because it isn't hard. However, the very simple mechanics of the final boss seem too much for the average levelling player and I've lost count of the amount of times I've wiped there because of sub-standard healing or dps who stand in aoe and ignore the adds.
I was tanking this on my Vanguard earlier in the week, and it was going smooth for the most part, other than the Gunslinger and Scoundrel both acting like I was speaking a language they didn't understand when I asked them to slice certain droids/turrets (like 3 total targets the whole instance). I always ask if anyone needs the final boss explained, but everyone said they'd done it before, so I go in to start tanking, lining myself up between the boss and console. Things are going great, the first adds come down, and I pick them up easily and burn them down with the competent DPS player. It's at this point that the Gunslinger comes and stacks right behind me on the console. I remind him to move since he's in line for taking the blaster sweeps, and he sits there. I hadn't noticed it before, but this seems to make the boss target my area with grenades more often than not (I'm assuming this is because he's targeting the GS), so I'm taking exploding damage, because it's either turn him toward the hall and potentially get the healer and the DPS that knows what they're doing killed, or take the damage and hope the healers helps me outlast him. I ended up dying with him at less than 5%, and luckily the group was able to finish him off.

If it hadn't been the final boss, I'd probably have vote kicked the GS for making the healers job harder. The only other times I've ever vote kicked someone have been the "I need on everything" that drops types.