Legacy Characters daily mission

Greymaulkin

So each day you go to your console on the ship and there is a daily mission called a "legacy mission". When you first start these missions involve helping a friendly character class or fighting an enemy character class, perhaps even helping a friendly class fight an enemy class. At first these are just NPCs, but after you make another character in your legacy and choose a relationship setting those characters begin filling those roles. So you go to save some smuggler and when you get there it is your smuggler from your legacy that you have listed as an ally. You go to fight a Jedi Knight and it is the one from your legacy you slotted as a rival. If you slot someone as a sibling/parent or son/daughter other missions are added to the pool, perhaps you get a call and it is from a legacy character you slotted as a sibling who mentions how proud the family is and says they have a gift for you and you go meet them at some space station somewhere. The family ones would have to have very general writing for the dialogue but it could be done.

Storywise the rival always gets away and the allies never die.

Voices shouldn't be a problem.... I mean all race/gender combinations have the same voice. If I make a human jedi knight it sounds the same as everyone else's.

Alignment shouldn't be a problem, for example even a sith who has chosen a lightside alignment fights Jedi. It would be great if there was a way to have different dialogue for light or dark affiliations but if not, you could still write dialogue that is down the middle. For example a light or dark sith would still say "I cannot let you leave here." Or even the nicest Bounty Hunter would say "There is a huge price on your head and I need an updated hyperdrive system."

Swtor devs want to encourage alts, hence the legacy system in the first place and I think this would enhance the desire to have more characters to fill the roles in those missions.

Start off with four or five missions one is randomy selected and offered each day at the console and stays there until completed, then the next day a different one is offered. Add to the number of these missions gradually during the patches until there is a large enough library so they don't become too repetitive.

Even after making alts and seeing them in the missions, the pay-off will become which rival or ally will show up.

Talking to the character you have listed as your parent or son/daughter would really build the feeling of the family tree idea.

Imagine going to a showdown against a rival and waiting for a door to open and wondering if it will be the goofy scoundrel you haven't gotten off from Ord Mantel yet, or your Jedi Knight who mows people down.

Maybe there is a ship in distress and you find your ally that day is the smoking hot female sith assassin you made on that one cold lonely weekend and she starts flirting with you, and then that Jedi Sage that all your friends wanted you to make so they could have a healer in the group bursts in and starts throwing rocks at you.

Edited by Greymaulkin