Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate, and YOU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate, and YOU

DarthBuckets
12.02.2012 , 05:53 PM | #51
I grabbed the relics to do some testing myself. My results support that 2 of them are tech and 2 of them are Force. However, the only outlier is that the Cerulean Nova relic seems to crit about half as much as the other Force relic (I am a tech user). I ran two 6 minute tests and both were 3-4% crit intead of the 8% or so of the elemental one.

Testing Conditions:
Approximately a six minute test for each relic using Rapid Shots on an Operatings Training Dummy.
Powertech with Combustible Gas Cylinder
Spec: Burnout + Prototype Cylinders (+6% Tech Crit)
Naked + Relic + Blaster Pistol with no modifications
No Sorc Buff / No Agent Buff
Ranged Crit = 8.38%
Tech Crit = 15.55%

Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance
Internal
Corrosive Injection
16.2% Crit ---- 68:11

Dread Guard Relic of Elemental Trascendence
Elemental
Burning Force
8.2% Crit -- 73:6

Dread Guard Relic of the Kinetic Tempest
Kinetic
Grav Wave
16.4% Crit -- 73:12

Dread Guard Relic of the Cerulean Nova
Energy
Lightning Spike
4.0% Crit -- 75:3

FlatOut_nlF
12.03.2012 , 12:34 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
They switched it out for me after putting a ticket in. Only problem is the old one was aug'd so I lost a purple 21 augment lol
Can you please copy ticket`s text? My support refused to switch my relic

FlatOut_nlF
12.03.2012 , 12:41 PM | #53
Btw,i`m Marauder in carnage, got proc relic for internal damage, should i switch to elemental one? Btw my damage in energy type, i mean from lightsabers

Mozivicus
12.03.2012 , 01:21 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by enoax View Post
EDIT: I just read the tooltips... relic damage is not considered periodic damage. As for demolition, even if the 3% crit affected the elemental crit from the relic.. you'd double your crit swapping to the internal relic.
Noted, thanks for the advice. I'll run some parses on the dummy.

Great discussion, keep it up!!

enoax
12.03.2012 , 03:09 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by FlatOut_nlF View Post
Btw,i`m Marauder in carnage, got proc relic for internal damage, should i switch to elemental one? Btw my damage in energy type, i mean from lightsabers
Several people have confirmed the findings now.. however I haven't seen any maruaders/sentinels confirm it. I would assume you should switch to the elemental one but I would definately parse it for yourself considering the paucity of data here from knights/warriors.

I posted some askmrrobot sentinel parses that showed a low crit rate with the dread guard internal relic (http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...ayer/5#d=0,b=1) and a relatively high crit rate with the campaign elemental one (http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...ayer/8#d=0,b=1) but i'd confirm yourself since I dont know the stats on the players making those parses (though there are probably near/better than 1.4 bis)
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

FlatOut_nlF
12.04.2012 , 01:09 AM | #56
Several people have confirmed the findings now.. however I haven't seen any maruaders/sentinels confirm it. I would assume you should switch to the elemental one but I would definately parse it for yourself considering the paucity of data here from knights/warriors.

I posted some askmrrobot sentinel parses that showed a low crit rate with the dread guard internal relic (http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...ayer/5#d=0,b=1) and a relatively high crit rate with the campaign elemental one (http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...ayer/8#d=0,b=1) but i'd confirm yourself since I dont know the stats on the players making those parses (though there are probably near/better than 1.4 bis)
And what about energy proc relic?

enoax
12.04.2012 , 07:15 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by FlatOut_nlF View Post
And what about energy proc relic?
Well energy (and kinetic) is mitigated by armor. The elemental (and internal) are not, and will hit harder even with full armor debuffing. Afaik,the elemental (or internal) are always better with the exception of merc's/troopers who use the armor penetration stance.

But since I have no sent/mara to test with and neither understand your class mechanics nor have I bothered reading about classes i dont currently play, you should really test for yourself or consult your own forums on the issue.

The fact that you do energy damage is irrelevant. I do internal and kinetic damage on my sage yet the elemental one is better. On my slinger, who does mostly energy (and internal for dirty fighting) damage the internal is better.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

enoax
12.04.2012 , 07:45 PM | #58
I have been denied a refund for my relic because too much time has passed.

I have recreated a ticket and make a thread in the customer support:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post5522878

Please post there if you've been denied so we can get some attention to this issue.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

Slugamaniac
12.05.2012 , 01:43 PM | #59
I have submitted a ticket to support as well for a refund on my relic. Rock on, fellow Premonition guildmate!
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

OlosBC
12.05.2012 , 02:23 PM | #60
Well energy (and kinetic) is mitigated by armor. The elemental (and internal) are not, and will hit harder even with full armor debuffing. Afaik,the elemental (or internal) are always better with the exception of merc's/troopers who use the armor penetration stance.

But since I have no sent/mara to test with and neither understand your class mechanics nor have I bothered reading about classes i dont currently play, you should really test for yourself or consult your own forums on the issue.

The fact that you do energy damage is irrelevant. I do internal and kinetic damage on my sage yet the elemental one is better. On my slinger, who does mostly energy (and internal for dirty fighting) damage the internal is better.
Focus guard/rage jugg also get armor pen in spec, and can use the energy proc. Carnage/combat gets 100% arm pen for a few seconds every 15 secs. Haven't done the math to see which relic is best for those specs tho.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.