Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate, and YOU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate, and YOU

Larry_Dallas's Avatar


Larry_Dallas
11.28.2012 , 06:05 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
Ya it is, how the hell Is a sage/sorc suppsoe to know they have to use elemental instead of internal when their attacks do internal damage
Yeah, that's completely backwards.

Thanks everybody. If I had spent so many comms only to get the wrong schem I'd have been pissed.

Deedrah's Avatar


Deedrah
11.29.2012 , 06:04 AM | #32
Quote:
Using dummy and Dread guard relic of dark radiance

Slinger with internal proc relic (DG)
-> his ranged crit rate is 41% (tech is 40%). Relic critted 43%.
http://www.torparse.com/a/57367

Sage with internal proc relic (DG)
->melee crit rate 21.28% (force crit rate 37%). Relic critted 15%
http://www.torparse.com/a/57392
Is the overall DPS loss so great to mandatory change the relic? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it only seems to be a difference of 8-9 dps...

LoL-K-Noob's Avatar


LoL-K-Noob
11.29.2012 , 12:10 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Deedrah View Post
Is the overall DPS loss so great to mandatory change the relic? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it only seems to be a difference of 8-9 dps...
Every bit counts. I have been and im sure will be again in a situation where that little bit is the difference between a wipe or not regardless of how rare this will occur

enoax's Avatar


enoax
11.29.2012 , 09:51 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Deedrah View Post
Is the overall DPS loss so great to mandatory change the relic? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it only seems to be a difference of 8-9 dps...
My relic only provides 45-50dps anyways. Might as well leave the slot empty!

Seriously though... this is for min/maxers. But it's BS that a hidden mechanic makes one item better than the other, however big or small the difference is, with no way to know based on patch notes or item description. Collecting 300 daily coms is no quickly completed nor enjoyable feat.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

Vanarion's Avatar


Vanarion
11.30.2012 , 04:29 AM | #35
The difference for the Sage would be more than just 8-9 points, since a balance sage has more damage ticks per second because of his dots than a gunslinger. So the relic will proc more often for the sage given its 30% chance to do so per damage tick.

The average damage per tick for the gunslinger listed is 334.14. Much more than the 233.42 for the sage.
Corellianischer Sonnenregen @ Vanjervalis Chain
Silan und ... äh ... Kleinkram ... ich hasse twinken

JediMasterNippin's Avatar


JediMasterNippin
11.30.2012 , 11:27 AM | #36
Which relic would you recommend for a sorc, the elemental or energy relic.

enoax's Avatar


enoax
11.30.2012 , 11:50 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterNippin View Post
Which relic would you recommend for a sorc, the elemental or energy relic.
Elemental damage in not mitigated by armor.. so for us and most dps classes it is better than the energy EVEN in the presence of full armor debuffs. The only exception is trooper/BH who use the armor penetrating stance.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

enoax's Avatar


enoax
11.30.2012 , 12:06 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Vanarion View Post
The difference for the Sage would be more than just 8-9 points, since a balance sage has more damage ticks per second because of his dots than a gunslinger. So the relic will proc more often for the sage given its 30% chance to do so per damage tick.

The average damage per tick for the gunslinger listed is 334.14. Much more than the 233.42 for the sage.
While I dont agree with your initial statement, the reasons you posted are incorrect. Assuming you're referring to the slinger and sage parses i posted in this thread.. the main reason the slinger has a higher average proc hit is the crit rate discussed in various posts in this thread. If i had posted a sage parse with the elemental version of the relic the average hit rate would have been more in line (assuming equivalent surge/crit ).

While dots specs will probably get more out of the proc relics then non dot specs the actual difference would be actually quite small imo. Someone has parsed lethality vs MM for snipers and the proc was better for the 'dot' spec but only by 4 dps. I would expect similar results with the balance/madness vs. tele/lightning specs as well.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...6-page-34.html - first post page 34
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

Mozivicus's Avatar


Mozivicus
11.30.2012 , 12:06 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by enoax View Post
Elemental damage in not mitigated by armor.. so for us and most dps classes it is better than the energy EVEN in the presence of full armor debuffs. The only exception is trooper/BH who use the armor penetrating stance.
In which case you would recommend..........????

enoax's Avatar


enoax
11.30.2012 , 12:14 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Mozivicus View Post
In which case you would recommend..........????
Based on this thread and a similar thread in the trooper forums you should have ONE (and only ONE) of:

Dread guard relic of elemental transcendance for consulars/inquisitors and warriors/knights

Dread guard relic of dark radiance (internal) for smugglers/operatives

Dread guard relic of kinetic tempest for troopers/BH using armor peircing cell (or equivalent)

Dread guard relic of cerulean nova (energy) for no one.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin