Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate, and YOU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate, and YOU

Larry_Dallas
11.28.2012 , 12:52 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
I tested it back then when only the Rakata-relics were available and I can definitely say that at least Elemental works for Sorcs.
Thanks for clearing that up

That really should be in an item note somewhere. Thank God I never actually got a schem for the internal proc relic.

OlosBC
11.28.2012 , 01:49 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by deadandburied View Post
Internal=tech
Kinetic=tech
Elemental=force
Energy=force

Test the Elemental one sages and sorcs. It should work fine. But confirmation needed.

We just did a bunch of commando testing and verified Internal and Kinetic are using tech crit%. Elemental and Energy crit rate was horribe. So we assume it's using Force crit%.
Is this confirmed? Pretty sure I have internal one on my sorc.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

colemanron
11.28.2012 , 01:51 PM | #23
That's good to know, unfortunately i little late. I will definitely send a ticket, to try to get the comms back from customer service, as this is obviously is screwed up design.

enoax
11.28.2012 , 04:14 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by deadandburied View Post
Internal=tech
Kinetic=tech
Elemental=force
Energy=force

Test the Elemental one sages and sorcs. It should work fine. But confirmation needed.

We just did a bunch of commando testing and verified Internal and Kinetic are using tech crit%. Elemental and Energy crit rate was horribe. So we assume it's using Force crit%.
Thanks trigger. You're input has been invaluable helping figure this out both on our on forums and here. It appears correct. Here is a parse using my sin (can't resell back the relic on my sage :/) and the dread guard relic of elemental transcendance (elemental proc) and dread guard relic of cerulean nova

My stats: Melee crit (37.48% + 9% talented proc with near 100% uptime ); Force crit 36.39%
elemental proc : 42% crit rate (46.5 dps) http://www.torparse.com/a/59418
energy proc: 38% crit rate (40.71 dps) http://www.torparse.com/a/59458

I'm okay with this mechanic... makes it so there is actually a reason to have 4 different procs pieces. However, given the cost of the relics and the fact that the proc mechanics are complete hidden is kinda bs.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

LoL-K-Noob
11.28.2012 , 04:24 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by enoax View Post
I'm okay with this mechanic... makes it so there is actually a reason to have 4 different procs pieces. However, given the cost of the relics and the fact that the proc mechanics are complete hidden is kinda bs.
Ya it is, how the hell Is a sage/sorc suppsoe to know they have to use elemental instead of internal when their attacks do internal damage

Fireswraith
11.28.2012 , 04:43 PM | #26
Kind of funny then as how the Dark Radiance internal proc relic is currently set as the 1.4 (1.5 included since no new armor) BiS relic. Someone may want to correct mmo-mechanic here. I guess it would just be switched to the elemental one then since it's not affected by armor.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...6-page-28.html

enoax
11.28.2012 , 04:44 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Fireswraith View Post
Kind of funny then as how the Dark Radiance internal proc relic is currently set as the 1.4 (1.5 included since no new armor) BiS relic. Someone may want to correct mmo-mechanic here. I guess it would just be switched to the elemental one then since it's not affected by armor.

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...6-page-28.html
yeah. dont think anyone has discribed the proc mechanics till just now. I'll make an account post there anyways.. i lurk there often anyways.

edit: Heh someone beat me too it!
Created a ticket to get my internal relic refunded or exchanged for the elemental version. Would suggest other to do the same and post here if they are successful or denied.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

Fireswraith
11.28.2012 , 04:54 PM | #28
Yeah I just read the last post in that thread also. I've just been reading threads for the last hour or so i got tired so I didn't get to the end before I posted here lol.

Good thing I haven't spent my 1000 daily comms yet!

LoL-K-Noob
11.28.2012 , 04:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by enoax View Post
yeah. dont think anyone has discribed the proc mechanics till just now. I'll make an account post there anyways.. i lurk there often anyways.

edit: Heh someone beat me too it!
Created a ticket to get my internal relic refunded or exchanged for the elemental version. Would suggest other to do the same and post here if they are successful or denied.
Ya thats my account there jaywalk lol. I sent a ticket as well. Gonna be mad if they screw me over. I have 0 comms and grinding the stupid comms is extremely boring/annoying

deadandburied
11.28.2012 , 05:21 PM | #30
Here's our commando testing of relics. http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...t=relic&page=3

And mmo-mechanics? I prefer to test everything myself. Well at least this may save some people 300 coms.
Triggerfinger Itches, 50 Gunnery Commando, Premonition, The Harbinger