Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate, and YOU

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Dread Guard Relic of Dark Radiance, Crit Rate, and YOU

enoax
11.26.2012 , 02:01 PM | #1
EDIT:
Please note the assumption i made in this OP are wrong. Please see page 3 of thread. The different proc relics use different crit stats to determine a crit. In summary:

Internal=tech
Kinetic=tech
Elemental=force
Energy=force

Oringal post:
Noticed last night my pathetic crit rate for this proc relic. Looked into it a bit and I feel Sages/Sorcs are getting screwed with the crit mechanic on these relics. I believe the underlying reason is we are really a melee class (have a saber and free melee attack) yet our melee crit rate isn't affected by willpower. It looks to me as these proc relics use range/melee crit rates

Using dummy and Dread guard relic of dark radiance

Slinger with internal proc relic (DG)
-> his ranged crit rate is 41% (tech is 40%). Relic critted 43%.
http://www.torparse.com/a/57367

Sage with internal proc relic (DG)
->melee crit rate 21.28% (force crit rate 37%). Relic critted 15%
http://www.torparse.com/a/57392

I can find sentinel parses from our guild using the campaign version (burning force) which crit for >40%.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...ayer/8#d=0,b=1

You could speculate that my low crit rate on my sage is just RNG. But from last night's run i was 19.5% relic crit rate with 3 hours of log data.
http://www.torparse.com/a/56888
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlo...erview#d=0,b=1

Looks like sages (and i'm assuming Sorc's) get screwed. Willpower doesn't affect our melee crit rate so it's always goign to be lower than other classes. This is broken and needs fixed
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

verfallen
11.26.2012 , 02:55 PM | #2
Let me put it that way.

If i get a sorc on my team that continuously rush in melee range to use thrash, he could have a 50% crit rate on it, I'm still issuing a vote kick.

Seriously, we ain't melee, thrash is a lol finishing move on thrash, you use it for laugh of a sorc killing something with it.

You lightsaber is a fancy stack stick, unless they somehow patch something, you currently have no reason to use melee.

TL;DR : working as intended

Larry_Dallas
11.26.2012 , 03:37 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by verfallen View Post
Let me put it that way.

If i get a sorc on my team that continuously rush in melee range to use thrash, he could have a 50% crit rate on it, I'm still issuing a vote kick.

Seriously, we ain't melee, thrash is a lol finishing move on thrash, you use it for laugh of a sorc killing something with it.

You lightsaber is a fancy stack stick, unless they somehow patch something, you currently have no reason to use melee.

Way to fail at understanding.

TC is not saying that he/she rushes in and uses thrash.

He/she's saying that the proc relic uses weapon attack crit instead of force attack crit. If he/she's correct, that's a dps loss compared to weapon classes.

I'd double check myself, but I'm sticking with the War Hero relics until I get a schem from disassembling the DG ones.

enoax
11.26.2012 , 03:37 PM | #4
Let me put it that way.

No, a sage/sorc wouldn't have a 50% crit rate on it with the current mechanics if we were to use thrash/DS to proc it. I never suggested using thrash/doublestrike or becoming a mellee class. The proc procs off ranged force attacks (our entire useful armament). We are a ranged class yet our proc relic crits as if we were a melee class, and our melee crit is not affected by our primary stat.

You dont understand the issue i'm trying to have addressed here.
enoa - sage - harbringer
chauser - gunslinger
crryra - assassin

verfallen
11.26.2012 , 03:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Larry_Dallas View Post
Way to fail at understanding.

TC is not saying that he/she rushes in and uses thrash.

He/she's saying that the proc relic uses weapon attack crit instead of force attack crit. If he/she's correct, that's a dps loss compared to weapon classes.

I'd double check myself, but I'm sticking with the War Hero relics until I get a schem from disassembling the DG ones.
Crit rating applies to both regardless of what you use, and this is what those relics add.

Over a 30 second parse with it procced there is a lot of factors here, including talents and specs. Its not an average, it takes attack type and applies the crit chance on this type.

deadandburied
11.26.2012 , 04:26 PM | #6
Verfallen you are so wrong sir. Maybe do some testing and research before posting your missinformation.
Triggerfinger Itches, 50 Gunnery Commando, Premonition, The Harbinger

schnopsnosn
11.26.2012 , 04:44 PM | #7
Crit rating applies to both regardless of what you use, and this is what those relics add.

Over a 30 second parse with it procced there is a lot of factors here, including talents and specs. Its not an average, it takes attack type and applies the crit chance on this type.
The relics take the melee-crit-chance of a character.
Sorcs naturally will have a very low melee-crit-% and therefore are screwed.

Larry_Dallas
11.26.2012 , 05:20 PM | #8

Proc relics do not add to crit rating, nor is crit rating the same across attack types. You don't have any idea what you're talking about.

verfallen
11.26.2012 , 06:54 PM | #9
Ow its those relic that add damage on hits.

Tought you meant relics with a crit rating boost.

Dacce
11.26.2012 , 09:57 PM | #10
Ow its those relic that add damage on hits.

Tought you meant relics with a crit rating boost.
Reading Comprehension = Fail.

But on topic this is a serious issue. The proc on the relic should be taking into consideration the crit rating of the type of damage being done, not melee crit rating alone.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada