Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your typical 4 man WZ Group

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Your typical 4 man WZ Group

Z-ToXiN
11.26.2012 , 06:08 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
Mine is... wait for it...

Ynk

We were thinking of making a 100% shadow guild for open world pvp and WZ ridiculousness. The changes in 1.6 are the reason we decided to finally start the project. Gear being easier to acquire is a casual players dream come true.
Heh that would be funny. Ive entertained the thought of making a Shadow mirror, i could just legacy mail my sin gear whenever I would want to play it seriously.

Also I dont see you Vengeance guys much in WZs... when do you usually play?

In terms of premades... me and two of my friends roll 2 assassins and a sorc healer. Weve got all these clever little strats work out that work so well in regs. The most fun I have in the game is playing with them and just owning it up.
ADRAAJ SHI'KARI ARRIAN
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ POWeRTeCH◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // #GearRequirementForSolos

Eszi
11.26.2012 , 06:19 PM | #22
2 lolsmashers OR 1 lolsmasher + 1 pyro
1 bubblestunner
1 op healer

Memo-
11.26.2012 , 06:20 PM | #23
Agreeing on the whole topic.

I usually play with 2 friends. The other has a scoundrel-healer and a sentinel, the other a hybrid-heals-sage and gunslinger. We usually just fulfill the dailies and if we keep on playing after that, it's usually with characters that need gear or victories for the weekly. My 4 50's all usually get to do the daily everyday, so if I play with these two friends, I might make the order of my characters to take into account what they are playing (both are on their dps, I might start on my vanguard-tank or scoundrel-healer), but I make no fuss about getting the composition "worthy". We might even queue with three healers if it happens.

If playing with our guildies, the same happens. We just pick whoever we want, after all it's just for fun.
Sakků | Faris | Maliris | Sopraano<Reilukerho>Bas'so | Všli | Rai'chu | Jauhe
Delarah | Stilva | Luccia | Ethawn<Lice-Ridden Banthas>Tenori | Baritoni | Weimar | Altto
   The Lihavuori LegacyTomb of Freedon Nadd

Tyrias
11.26.2012 , 07:02 PM | #24
I do mostly agree with the thread, and there are plenty of "premade" teams that play and are just friends/guildies out to have fun. Before my old guild dissolved through lack of interest, we'd just grab a couple of people and hit up a warzone if people were on and up for it, no thought to composition or voice coms or anything like that.

That being said, the... "vocal dissenters" to premades are pretty inaccurate in what they're actually referring to. Even though they are saying "premades are a problem", what they really mean is "4-man balanced teams of well/BIS geared individuals are a problem". After all, if you're up against a poor premade group, or one that doesn't fit all those criteria, chances are that unless every member is exceptional anyway, you won't really notice in the first place. You certainly wont remember them as something which made your PvP experience less fun. Frequently, being up against an average premade brings me MORE fun, because it's more challenging (as I mostly solo queue nowadays).

So yeah, premades in their entirety aren't really a problem, I agree. But if I saw a thread that was focus specifically towards 4-mans teams of people with the skill, gear and communication to the point that they belong in ranked were it not for the limited population, that I'd have to agree with that too. All the naysayers in current ambiguous threads about "premades" recommend "getting some skills" and "getting some friends", but when facing of against what is essentially some of the best the server has to offer, do they really have a chance of winning whatever they do for the foreseeable future?

I mean, what are those groups even getting out of it? They don't need the comms, except possibly for alts. But if it's acceptable for other people to get PvP gear by playing the characters who will use the gear, why aren't they playing (and more importantly learning) those alts? That's the reason you'll never convince anyone to let go of their "premade" bone... to most solo-only players, the logical conclusion is that they continue to queue in this manner because they want an easier time with their alts, or they do actually enjoy winning with little to no chance of a loss.

Not that there's an decent solution short of cross server queue to attempt to kick start Ranked and encourage people to play it.
"If you've got a problem, stick a worm in it".

JP_Legatus
11.27.2012 , 03:16 AM | #25
I try to make my premades 8 assassins but we always end up having a million sorcs and derpsmash

MusicRider
11.27.2012 , 04:35 AM | #26
3 hulks + 1 chewing gum healer
1 hulk can be replaced by a shadow or a vanguard or a healer if chewing gum is not healer specced.

Prisoner
11.27.2012 , 06:03 AM | #27
We're a casual guild who likes to pvp so we tend to just grab anyone who is on at the time and queue up. Sometimes the group is made of players/classes with good gear and good synergy and we win most of the time, sometimes not so much. The most effective combination seems to be our sage healer paired up with a sentinel, vanguard, and my slinger because the three of us can get the pain train rolling and burn down stuff quickly calling targets using teamspeak.

But usually we don't get that combination. There are a lot of swapping out of alts, and I end up playing my half geared commando medic a lot. Sometimes we have a tank, but usually not. The dps can range from scoundrels, dps sages and dps guardians. We do try very hard not to run more than one healer at a time, because that generally ends in total disaster with too many healers queuing in with the other four. Huttball can be a real ***** for us, because often we just don't have any good ball running classes on and we don't queue in with any good ball runners either.

Even though many of us love to pvp, we don't do ranked as a guild because we just don't have the numbers/classes to put an eight man composition team together. Some of us have participated in inter-guild republic side ranked kickball which was fun, but doesn't always happen because it's hard to find people willing to even try that. Roflstomping pugs doesn't happen all that often either because it seems like most of the time we're queued up against other four man premades (and sometimes double premades).

I will say that playing in a four man guild group has spoiled the hell out of me though. I really hate pugging now (especially on my healer). It's just more fun to play with three of my other friends who I know won't ignore objectives and play like complete morons.

Riivu
11.27.2012 , 06:14 AM | #28
3 Heals + Me Smash = Game over
Zenzey
< Harbinger >
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Doomsdaycomes
11.27.2012 , 06:18 AM | #29
I play both sides so:

Pub Side: About 10 active people with high times of 16 on weekends (81 people in guild, about 66% of them alts >.<)

I'd say about 8 of those actives have full WH on 1 toon, though most have multiple toons in Bm/WH mix.

Our typical premade is the first 3 people to respond in chat, and we're a dps heavy guild (I'm 1 of 2 active healers, and we have 1 active tank)

Imp side: I'm BM/WH mix on 1 toon and Recruit Bm mix on the others.
Smaller guild, about 8 actives.

Again, first 3 to respond in guild chat.

Atramar
11.27.2012 , 06:31 AM | #30
usual pre made -
1. me
asking who wanna go pvp
2.1st person who says 'me'
3.2nd person who says 'me'
4. person who asks 'still have room for one more noob?'

que.

lol stomp newbs
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013