Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tales of the Healer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tales of the Healer

Blasphemerr
01.06.2013 , 08:40 PM | #11
I don't know how people play without a gaming mouse. I need all the buttons.
Something pretentious.

Blasphemerr
01.06.2013 , 09:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Asvarduil View Post
Will do - between videos, I've been trying out different keybind patterns, trying to find something that works better. I always get [5] (Slow Release Medpack) and [6] (Emergency Medpack) mixed up, often at the worst possible time. Gotta do something about that. I should probably have Vanishing Act on keybind as well, since that's one that I find myself needing fairly often. But, I could talk about possibilities all day; I'll experiment much more - thanks for the feedback!
Here are my keybindings as an example.

Code:
WASD :  Move keys
Q: Stun.
Z: Snare.
E: Heal.
F: The other heal.
G: Diagnostic scan.
X: Enemy target.
C: Friendly Target (character pane renampped: V)

MB1 : Huttballs.
MB2: Emergency whatever.
MB3: Medpacks.
MB6 : Group heal.
MB:9  Interrupt.
MB10: Jump.
MB12: Out of combat heal.

ALT+Z: Buff.
ALT+V: Adrenal.
ALt+C: MedPack.

MBScrollClick: Roll into cover.
MB5: Evasion.
ALT+MB5:  Defense screen.
ALT+MB8:  Disappearing act.
Something pretentious.

Asvarduil
01.06.2013 , 11:05 PM | #13
Hey Blasphemer! Great suggestions, but I don't have a gaming mouse

While I don't plan to get a gaming mouse just yet - any suggestions?
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Captain Kruhnch (Lv.39 Sawbones) - Shadowlands
Cuddlemuffin (Lv.16 Mercenary) - Shadowlands

Blasphemerr
01.07.2013 , 12:11 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Asvarduil View Post
Hey Blasphemer! Great suggestions, but I don't have a gaming mouse

While I don't plan to get a gaming mouse just yet - any suggestions?
my wife and I both use http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga-molten/ she is not at all coordinated and is capable of using most of the buttons.
Something pretentious.

FuriousFuzz
01.07.2013 , 12:23 AM | #15
First things first. In the new warzone, when you collect the orbs you need to run them back to your own pylon to get points. The debuff you're waiting for is how long you can take running it back to your pylon.

As far as key binding go, a gaming pad like the G13 is a huge benefit. it says 79.99 but I picked mine up at bestbuy for 39.99. With this I don't need a gaming mouse, just a regular mouse with 2 thumb buttons. Thumb stick for movement and use one of your mouse buttons as a shift key. Easy learning curve, naturally rest your left hand on it and have no end of keybindings that make sense.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...nced-gameboard

A tip for healing with a scoundrel. CROUCH. You can crouch just like the snipers can, making you immune to leap attacks and grapple as well as giving you a defensive bonus. You can still heal, attack, and cap nodes while crouched so practice using it all the time. The roll function can also be handy for quickly getting out of tights places, or those death from above attacks you hate so much.
Jung-Ma
50 Commando 50 Powertech 50 Operative

Asvarduil
01.07.2013 , 06:42 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by FuriousFuzz View Post
First things first. In the new warzone, when you collect the orbs you need to run them back to your own pylon to get points. The debuff you're waiting for is how long you can take running it back to your pylon.

As far as key binding go, a gaming pad like the G13 is a huge benefit. it says 79.99 but I picked mine up at bestbuy for 39.99. With this I don't need a gaming mouse, just a regular mouse with 2 thumb buttons. Thumb stick for movement and use one of your mouse buttons as a shift key. Easy learning curve, naturally rest your left hand on it and have no end of keybindings that make sense.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/produc...nced-gameboard

A tip for healing with a scoundrel. CROUCH. You can crouch just like the snipers can, making you immune to leap attacks and grapple as well as giving you a defensive bonus. You can still heal, attack, and cap nodes while crouched so practice using it all the time. The roll function can also be handy for quickly getting out of tights places, or those death from above attacks you hate so much.
FuriousFuzz - thanks! Did not know that about the buff in Ancient Hypergate! I'll record another AH match showing how to do it right.

I'll take the gumbies more seriously when I see them - so far I've been valuing my mobility over cover, but if it helps keep those icky Sithies off me, it's a tactic I'll gladly use!

Finally, I'll check that gaming board out. Great advices that you'll soon see put to use!
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Asvarduil
01.14.2013 , 06:19 PM | #17
New match It's found here.

I play as a lowbie Jedi Sage and talk about some helpful tricks for new PvPers out there to keep in mind! They're great tricks for any level of play. When in doubt, back to the basics!

I also get trolled by Snipers and Sorcerers a bit.

Asvarduil
02.04.2013 , 06:13 AM | #18
New match!

The tables turn on the Empire, and I get a chance to troll a bit! But does it work? Find out...

Artanisia
02.10.2013 , 03:23 PM | #19
Really nice and helpful vids, especially those on your lowbie. Thanks for sharing!

Asvarduil
02.16.2013 , 10:04 AM | #20
New Match!

I show you how NOT to play a Lv.11 Commando in this one.