Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Free-to-Play chart is terrible and is bad advertisment for SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Free-to-Play chart is terrible and is bad advertisment for SWTOR

Raelinn
11.27.2012 , 12:19 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
My point is... preferred customers are NOT potential customers. They are in fact customers that have paid money to Bioware, and most of them are subscribers who have lapsed their subscriptions. These people either follow the forums already, or they know how to use the search function (I know I know... but you get my point I think ) or google. Everyone knows how to use google, but if they lack the desire... then that's on them IMO.

Any customer that wants to know something... google will deliver. If they can't google, they probably should not be playing MMOs.
I recently did come back after several months not paying any attention to SWTOR. What brought me back was a buzz about the F2P move, and when I google'd to find more I found that chart, which didn't paint a pretty picture of what was/wasn't available to people at the various levels. And no I didn't look around at the google results more, why should I? I was on *the site for the game* which I thought should have the information about gameplay at the different tiers.

I could understand the "google and find it" argument if we were talking about a chart on some fan site or some unreliable information source, by why on earth would I think the actual game's site would be missing information?

ChazDoit
11.27.2012 , 03:00 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Raelinn View Post
I recently did come back after several months not paying any attention to SWTOR. What brought me back was a buzz about the F2P move, and when I google'd to find more I found that chart, which didn't paint a pretty picture of what was/wasn't available to people at the various levels. And no I didn't look around at the google results more, why should I? I was on *the site for the game* which I thought should have the information about gameplay at the different tiers.

I could understand the "google and find it" argument if we were talking about a chart on some fan site or some unreliable information source, by why on earth would I think the actual game's site would be missing information?
Also some of the Fansites I visit didn't have any additional information either, because they were reading from the charts, I have checked out TORWARS, SWTOR REFORGED and TORVERSE and they were under the impression that the ONLY way to get cartel items and account unlocks was to pay real money, either that or the simply forgot to mention at all the fact that the Cartel Market is meant to interact with the ingame economy, which in my opinion, changes everything

Naboth
02.21.2013 , 05:35 PM | #33
They do not point out that subscribers go to preferred status instead of f2p. I was a subscriber for months then didnt pay 1 month turned into a preferred status felt like f2p...anyway they should tell ppl that