Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eurogamer re-reviews SWTOR

Vankris
11.28.2012 , 01:34 PM | #401
in the end, what really matter, is your own review.

Are you having fun, are you having a good time playing the game.
If yes, by all means, continue playing and ignore the haters
If not, well, stop playing this games and move a more suitable for your liking.

I have played games reputably bad in the past and enjoy them, and yet i have played game with great review and was bored to tears.

to each his own.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

Polebreaker
11.28.2012 , 01:36 PM | #402
Quote: Originally Posted by JustTed View Post
No you don't. The content is all identical. It does not scale.
For heroics 2+ at least, the content DOES scale. There are more champion mobs when you bring 3-4 people as opposed to 1-2 people.

re: rest of thread... sooo much denial.

JustTed
11.28.2012 , 01:38 PM | #403
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post
For heroics 2+ at least, the content DOES scale. There are more champion mobs when you bring 3-4 people as opposed to 1-2 people.
Yes, but he's talking about class quests.

Elfa
11.28.2012 , 01:43 PM | #404
I think the reviewer is wrong about everything but the F2P section, there he is pretty much spot on.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

paulsummefield
11.28.2012 , 01:47 PM | #405
Here is my 2 cents.

I played WoW for around 5 years and really enjoyed it back in the day but then I stopped playing around 18 months ago.

I then only played single player games as I just got fed up with the mmo concept of grinding and having no real story or purpose beyond grinding rep or just upgrading gear. I then however tried swtor on trial to lvl 15 and for me it felt like a single player game in alot of places but had some online parts i enjoyed in the previous mmos such as grouping for instances etc.

I then subbed to swtor to continue playing and have currently got to lvl 33 and have been getting on with it pretty well so far. I will likely prob go free to play with maybe a couple of unlocks as im not sure a monthly fee is something i want to commit too at this stage.

Really recently however I had an E-mail from blizzard offering me 10 days free on mists of pandaria so I had to give this a try. The class mechanics were really good and improved since the last time i played, but omg the leveling sucks so dam hard!!! The pvp battlegrounds were also full ot bots which ruined it. The people playing it were also much more whiney than in swtor.

I get the impression that WoW is only really focused on endgame and the other 95% of the game totally sucks and has no sense of feel or story. The SWTOR on the otherhand might possibly lack the options of WoW at endgame, but the leveling is just so much better and you feel more connected to your character.

For casual people the SWTOR wins hands down in my book.

If you want to play a game with some mmo experience then play SWTOR.

If you want to play something that isnt fun until you reach max level and have time to dedicate grinding to your new life then play WoW.

CosmicKat
11.28.2012 , 01:48 PM | #406
Quote: Originally Posted by Polebreaker View Post

re: rest of thread... sooo much denial.
Some heroics do scale, some don't. I don't know what the criteria is.

P. S. Even the tougher heroics are a cakewalk when the group knows what it's doing.

CommunitySupport
11.28.2012 , 01:56 PM | #407
Hello everyone. We're going to close this thread, as we've had to remove a very large number of unconstructive and insulting posts from it and because it continues to generate such posts. We'd like to take the time to remind you that insults are never permitted on the forums, and that participating in discussions that generalize other community members as "haters" or "fanboys" isn't constructive. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and insulting someone because they like or dislike the game will not be tolerated.