Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Need help beating Trooper Separatist Base mission

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Need help beating Trooper Separatist Base mission

Behonkiss
11.25.2012 , 08:59 PM | #1
Does anyone have any advice on how to take out the big guys in the second level of the Separatist Base in the Trooper campaign, where you're supposed to insert a spike or something? I'm currently at level 9. Do I need to grind a bit, or is there a trick to beating them?

zejaie
11.25.2012 , 09:59 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Behonkiss View Post
Does anyone have any advice on how to take out the big guys in the second level of the Separatist Base in the Trooper campaign, where you're supposed to insert a spike or something? I'm currently at level 9. Do I need to grind a bit, or is there a trick to beating them?
Have you done all the side quests up to the point where you are, have you upgraded your gear? On the starter world you should never have a problem with your story mission. There is something that you are doing wrong, either you missed a bunch of the side quests, or you don't have the appropriate gear.
-What should I mentally prepare for as a new healer?
People thinking that you heal them out in spite of any **** they do!

Legolose
11.25.2012 , 10:06 PM | #3
Bud if your having trouble at that level getting past a quest then your not going to get very far in this game it gets much harder in the Trooper story line later down the road

HINT : Grind till 10th level its much easier

MaximusVen
11.25.2012 , 10:31 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Behonkiss View Post
Hello, I am not sure which mission you are referring to, but this website may be helpful. http://www.swtor-spy.com/quests/the-...tronghold/803/
Vanguarde - Level 55 - Commando MaximusVen - Level 55 - Marauder Jossey'Wales - Level 55 - Smuggler Venator'Gripa - Level 55 - Mercenary Yayden - Level 55 - Sentinel

happysister
11.25.2012 , 10:56 PM | #5
have you tried taking out the weaker guys first? that always helps a lot as that's less damage on you when you're fighting the strong.
Lorhin - SS/DF Gunslinger
Sashel - Sawbones Scoundrel
<Fortitude>

swtonewbie
11.26.2012 , 03:43 AM | #6
The trooper missions in the stronghold are all soloable, but there is a class story instance in the stronghold where you go in a small room and have some strong dual pistol type mobs. The first few are just them by themselves, or them and a weak. But the last pull has 1 strong, and 2 weak at the back of the room. The last pull usually gets me down low, but its possible to do. If you find yourself having trouble with some of the pulls, then run out of the instance. Now if you are having trouble with something outside the instance in other parts of the stronghold then check your gear (you should have an orange/moddable rifle by the time you head into the stronghold) and read some of the stuff below.

One thing to keep in mind about troopers

-sticky grenade on weak/standard mobs has about a 3 second stun (panic) effect followed by an AOE knockdown on surrounding weak/standard mobs

-full auto while channeled on a weak/standard mob will put them in a stun

-explosive round while expensive will knock down weak/standard mobs

as an added bonus, any mob that is knocked down or stunned can be hit with high impact bolt.

I mention all those abilities because if you are fighting 2 weak and 1 strong you can get rid of any damage from the weak mobs. IE sticky bomb on one weak mob, then do full auto on another weak mob.
I'm not really a noob...