Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggested Mercenary/Commando Changes for 1.6

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Suggested Mercenary/Commando Changes for 1.6

cashogy
11.26.2012 , 01:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
Rocket punch immobilizing, knocking back and making your 3 next casts instant is a tad too much.
Immobilize + knockback would already be too much on it's own.

The change to cure mind is the single most op thing i ever heard, no class should be able to cleanse all effects.
spec'd properly, a sniper can use their knockback (which applies a root), have an instant-cast snipe, and then have 6 seconds of energy-free Overload Shots. and the sniper knockback is aoe.

so i do not think that Rocket Punch, a single target ability, being able to knock back 10m, root for 2-4s, and allow an Arsenal Merc to use 3 abilities with cast times instantly, is unbalanced in anyway. and for Pyrotechs, they would only be able to receive the "Run and Gun" proc; the knockback+root is higher in the tree, and would require a hybrid build.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as far as combat medic changes, i have suggested a few things based on my time playing the spec. i do think that Kolto Shell should be able to be applied to all allies. Operative and Sorc are able to apply their HoT/reactive heals to all group members. i do think that ALL healers need to be able to cleanse ALL debuff types. that is a confusing mechanic; healers should be able to effectively cleanse their allies. just because the debuff comes from a Sorc and not a Sniper is no reason for a healer to be unable to cleanse a DoT/Debuff. ive also made a few other suggestions for Combat Medic, but overall the healing spec is the most well-off of the Merc trees.

also, a Merc healer would be able to pick up Muzzle Fluting if they wanted (for the "run and gun" proc), for only 6 points in Arsenal. this would give them the ability to heal on the move if an enemy closes to melee range, something that the class really really struggles with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i had posted this before, the link is in the first post of this thread. it had reached 18 pages, and just over 5,000 views before the moderators moved it to the BH Class forum, where it will likely never get seen. if we could keep this thread going with the same kind of constructive discussion as the first thread, hopefully bioware will see that the community cares about this issue and that it needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Nassik
11.26.2012 , 07:49 PM | #22
You've got to realize that the only updates to the merc class that everyone (except mercs) will approve would be to replace our blasters with rubber chickens and let us throw eggs at opponents. That way it's more of a laugh when we get slaughtered.

They don't want a fighting merc and they don't want competition. It's a shame that the instant Tracer Missile idea was abandoned. That had true potential.

Let me know when we get those chickens.
Founder 8/8 classes complete
Pre-order CE
Kavari Dabak - level 65 Mercenary | Nassik Dabak - level 65 Sentinel

cashogy
11.26.2012 , 09:40 PM | #23
moved again. yay
The King of Bads

ArchangelLBC
11.26.2012 , 11:51 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nassik View Post
You've got to realize that the only updates to the merc class that everyone (except mercs) will approve would be to replace our blasters with rubber chickens and let us throw eggs at opponents. That way it's more of a laugh when we get slaughtered.

They don't want a fighting merc and they don't want competition. It's a shame that the instant Tracer Missile idea was abandoned. That had true potential.

Actually I think the run and gun idea has a lot of potential and is more than a healthy balance between what we have now and instant tracers. Support it whole heartedly and we'd be guaranteed to get our setup out pretty much once every HiB/DR cycle.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Rassuro
11.27.2012 , 01:55 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
moved again. yay
BioWare:
- Will not listen to people's suggestions to class changes in the class forums because people are overly biased.
- Moves threads discussing class changes from non-class forums to class forums.

Trololol.
Toor, 50 Operative healer | Odaen, 50 Assassin tank | Tiyr, 50 Vanguard tank | Zerofour, 50 Mercenary DPS | The Red Eclipse

cashogy
11.27.2012 , 02:02 AM | #26

Run and Gun would be proc'd off of Rocket Punch, which is only a 9 second cooldown. so if need be, every 9s you could use 3 casted abilities as instants. use all 3 in a row, and that is 4.5s, and Rocket Punch is halfway done its cooldown already.

i think it would be very well balanced, especially in conjunction with the relatively wimpy knockback on Rocket Punch for Arsenal. it would allow the merc to create additional space. and after 3x instant tracers, heatseeker missiles, rail shot, and explosive dart, your opponent should be pretty dang close to dead. at that point use jet boost, and finish them off.
The King of Bads

DarthBloodloss
11.27.2012 , 05:43 PM | #27
As long as they are Insta-cast chickens.
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Nassik
11.27.2012 , 06:56 PM | #28
Egg Toss
Activation: 5 secs
Heat: 16
Range: 15 m
Launches an egg at the target that deals 20 kinetic damage and applies a 2 second stun. Requires the use of the DL-CHKN blaster. An interrupted shot cause the DL-CHKN to backfire, stunning the bounty hunter for 10 seconds.
Founder 8/8 classes complete
Pre-order CE
Kavari Dabak - level 65 Mercenary | Nassik Dabak - level 65 Sentinel

DarthBloodloss
11.27.2012 , 07:08 PM | #29
An interrupted shot cause the DL-CHKN to backfire, stunning the bounty hunter for 10 seconds.
When this occurs, you will know because there will be a very loud chicken CLUCK! followed by an explosion
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

hunterraaze
11.27.2012 , 09:42 PM | #30
These seem like realy good ideas. Really liking the "Run and gun" idea.
"Well, if people would make it more about me, I wouldn't have to"
~Iryllia
Click here to give me free stuff! (And you too I guess)