Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I think you guys should add Shistavanen as a species not long after Cathar

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I think you guys should add Shistavanen as a species not long after Cathar

LyulfLykaios
11.25.2012 , 07:00 PM | #1
Voolvif Monn won that contest for clone wars cartoon but appeared in only 1 ep. while the losers had more story which i think is way unfair. Plus a canine species would be great to release after a feline. Now if you look at other really cool games, they all have a werewolf species. Examples being World of warcraft & their Worgen, Runescape now has a werewolf transformation, Perfect world has wolf headed barbarian selection, And the list goes on. Please consider. May the force be with you!

I hope this idea receives much support & May the force be with you!

Please support, Vote, Comment & check out my other threads.

BlazingShadow
11.25.2012 , 08:13 PM | #2
Bothans, not shistavanens.

Beldorus
11.25.2012 , 08:32 PM | #3
I would be very happy if they added Shistavanen to the game , its realy uncommon in SW world ;p
Anyway... they got cartel market.. if they want to earn money on it, they should start adding new races to it.

GARhenus
11.25.2012 , 08:34 PM | #4
There are more -important- species to include than werewolves right now.

Kel'dor/Togruta/Heck even rodian and wookie to name a few.

DarthWoad
11.25.2012 , 08:36 PM | #5
I made a thread a while back, they should add Zeltrons as a species. They don't have much lore but they seem really interesting, maybe bioware can make something out of them, improve romance options etc

LyulfLykaios
11.26.2012 , 12:18 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beldorus View Post
I would be very happy if they added Shistavanen to the game , its realy uncommon in SW world ;p
Anyway... they got cartel market.. if they want to earn money on it, they should start adding new races to it.
Agreed, We need more species selections.

LyulfLykaios
11.26.2012 , 12:24 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by GARhenus View Post
There are more -important- species to include than werewolves right now.

Kel'dor/Togruta/Heck even rodian and wookie to name a few.
Oh i don't disagree i just think since their releasing a cat humanoid it would be cool to have a canine to balance it out. Here's a list of species i'd like to be playable at some point. From a to z, I literally a long whiles back went through the whole species list & picked out my favs.
Anzati

Arkanian

Balosar

Bith

Cathar

Chiss

Dantari

Duros

Echani

Epicanthix

Falleen

Firrerreo

Hapan

Human

Kaminoan

Kiffar

Mandalorians

Miraluka

Mirialan

Muun

Nagai

Pau'an

Rattataki

Shistavanen

Teevan

Theelin

Togruta

Umbaran

Zabrak

Zeltron

Zhell. Maybe some day they'll all be on there and then some!

LyulfLykaios
11.26.2012 , 12:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
I made a thread a while back, they should add Zeltrons as a species. They don't have much lore but they seem really interesting, maybe bioware can make something out of them, improve romance options etc
I agree! They'd make awesome romance companions.

FourTwent
11.26.2012 , 12:30 AM | #9
i think you should use the suggestion forum instead of general

Aebrynis
11.26.2012 , 01:10 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
This idea has an advantage that many other suggested races don't. Namely, it's realistic.

Meaning what? Easy - all BW has to do is make some color changes. Three of the characters I made look exactly the same, although one is human, one is a chiss, and the third is a a Mirialan. The differences are entirely color-based...hair, skin, and eyes (and Mirialan tattoos). Put them side-by-side, the resemblance is obvious. Zeltrons would take almost no effort to introduce.

Depending on how they were handled, falleen (as was previously suggested) could be introduced in the same way (it all depends on how their appearance is judged to look like).

All these races, even the incoming cathar, are 'human' enough where an effort to offer them to the player base would take minimal effort and resources. While I would like to see people get their wookies, rodians, and what have you, I'm willing to bet that it probably isn't a realistic thing to hope for.