Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Inquisitor Wishes and Regrets (Possible spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Sith Inquisitor Wishes and Regrets (Possible spoilers)

AlexRage
12.06.2012 , 12:54 AM | #41
I liked the SI over all my couple areas of bones to pick are as follows.
1. I talk all nice with some admirals and get them a nice shiny super weapon. But I never get to see my troops?

2. I feel like no matter what I did Ashara stayed good. She never fell. But that might have been how i went about it.

3. As a sith Lord why am I not able to get a flag ship, and I am left to fly around in this tiny POS? I call shenanigans?

4. I wanted an Office and more Apprentices.

Otherwise. I think Jadus was alot better then Zash as a manipulator but Zash most certainly wanted power. Hope in the 2nd part. i get to raise armies and destroy worlds.

maxetius
12.06.2012 , 09:51 AM | #42
Quote:
2. I feel like no matter what I did Ashara stayed good. She never fell. But that might have been how i went about it.
Ashara is a LS romance based around the Sith Inquisitor's redemption. She is not really corruptible, like Jaesa is. With Ashara, the best you can do is to get her to agree with you.

_Darkstar
12.06.2012 , 12:30 PM | #43
The bickering in this thread alone shows that Thanatons involvement was poorly done. Even if the story is awful everyone should at least be able to agree what the story was if it was written properly. There was so much that you should have been told about him, but never were. You should have won over most of his powerbase before the final battle and they should have explained his motivations to you as you did so.

I disliked being the follower all the time, no planning and all reaction.
I disliked that Zash knew so much but I never felt like I learned anything which would help me (Aside from the orders).
I dlsiked that the ghosts made me ill, why would I perform an ancient sith ritual without researching it?
I disliked not getting to kill the people who slighted me.
I disliked my wasted cult. Though I love the actual cult.
I disliked that although it was mentioned a few times that I was making ally's I never actually got to see any of that. There should have been something on the ship showing the people who were on my side.
I disliked that I have no idea who is on the Dark Council, even though I am a member. I don't know if I have ally's or enemies or ANYTHING about them. I don't even know how many are left at the end of the story.
I dislike that being on the Dark Council got me no information on anything. Shouldn't I have been clued up on the Emperor, or given a list of long term plans that I shouldn't be screwing up with my new found power? Does my new position not have some kind of objective I need to try and reach?
On that topic I dislike that I didn't start planning for being on the Dark Council before I got there. I should have known that killing Thanaton would get me his seat, so I should have spent act 3 making sure it was secure rather than curing my flu.
If I remember right (It was months ago) wasn't I put in charge of the knowledge of the Sith? Why didn't I get to see any of that?
I dislike most of my companions. Khem is awesome. Ashara could have been good if we got to corrupt her (Yes keep the option for her to 'save' us too) but why would I keep her if I wasn't corrupting her? And why would she stay? Andronikos is annoying, but sadly good dps so I had to use him. Xalek is too late to count. And the healer man (His name escapes me) is just a wuss with what could have been a decent story but seemed rushed in the cut scene where he just went and did it all himself.
I dislike that the story ended without any clue of what my character even wants to do next. I have no idea why I care about being on the Dark Council considering they don't seem to do anything.
I dislike that after I did get the sickness I didn't do any research on the long term effects of these ghosts. The dark side option to keep them at the end should have been an educated decision, but I have no idea if it will be a good or bad one in the end.
I also dislike that I did no research on the device that I put Zash into, even after inheriting everything Zash owned I would have expected to find 'something' even if it took Ashara the rest of the game to read through her notes for me.

Overall the story was quite good (get power through ancient ghost binding rituals, great!), but it just feels that so much was missed out, and that I was being led every step of the way, which is ok as long as you are playing the game and allowing yourself to be led, which isn't the case.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Slowpokeking
12.06.2012 , 12:34 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
Ashara is a LS romance based around the Sith Inquisitor's redemption. She is not really corruptible, like Jaesa is. With Ashara, the best you can do is to get her to agree with you.
That sucks, we can't corrupt a padawan.

I would prefer Corrin over her.

lokdron
12.07.2012 , 02:25 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
Problem is that there SHOULD of been an option to corrupt her cause honestly most DS inquisitors wonder why she is on the ship and when they found out they cannot corrupt her they put her on crafting mule duty or wish to throw her in the airlock or feed her to khem val.

You don't put a light side jedi user on a sith ship and don't expect the sith not to try and corrupt that said jedi its stupid.

BTW darkstar i pretty much agree with everything in you list. Bioware told us the SI story will have you scheming and plotting in the shadows. When I actually played the story I simply ended being manipulated by others all the time and just reacting to situations.

While almost all the dark side choices for SI just comes down to force lightning the SI reached the dark council seat with just force lightning people in his/her way.

While other classes like the IA and the SW has more options to deal with situations you can play your sith warrior as a plotter/manipulator for example.

On nar shadda I had to deal with lord rathari and I saw some republic troops instead of killing them I enlisted them(neutral choice) to aid me they owed me their lives. Then when I had to face rathari's forces I called in the "favor" and they helped me beat him. Now with rathari baras expected me to kill him but instead I enlisted the sith lord (neutral option neither light or dark) into my service to help me one day take down baras.

Then the republic troops approached me and then I killed them because their usefulness was at an end and that gave me 100 dark side points. The SI has NOTHING like this in their story what the SW did there was what I expected in the SI story.

The SW can plot behind bara's back instead of being led the SW is driving the story more than the SI in the SI story.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!