Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top 5 Most Underrated Characters of SW

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Top 5 Most Underrated Characters of SW

Spartanik
11.25.2012 , 07:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Power level or characterization?
what is this dragon ball z or something?
sometimes the force is with you sometimes its not From my point of view skill is ever changing it flutuates with time.
That is how i look star wars anyway.

Quote:
Not just power.

5.Ludo Kressh
His decision was wiser than Sadow.

4.Darth Zash
To be fair she was the backbone of Nox, without her knowledge and research there is no way Nox could become so powerful and defeat Thanaton. And prior to that, her plan would be successful if Khem Val didn't jump in.

3.Darth Bane
He saved and remade the dying Sith.

2.Qui Gon Jinn
Like Bane, his idea saved and help Yoda/Obi Wan remade the Jedi.

1.Darth Plagueis the Wise
The Great Manipulator of living and death, he could bring back the dead(no others could do, not even Abeloth) and could use the Dark Side rejuvenate himself rather than let the body being to corrupted and aged by the Dark Side.
Yeah i agree with that list pretty much. I could trow in a few other characters. More recently Revan seems to be on the spotlight go wonder why.
However if i had to mention probably Ulic quel droma, and Nomi sunrider, as well Count dooku seems to have less credit in wich is due.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Slowpokeking
11.25.2012 , 07:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
what is this dragon ball z or something?
sometimes the force is with you sometimes its not From my point of view skill is ever changing it flutuates with time.
That is how i look star wars anyway.
Plagueis then.

He's a great manipulator with unique power.

Not even Luke or Palpatine, not even th Ones, not even Abeloth could revive people from death, and he did it over and over again.

Aurbere
11.25.2012 , 07:26 PM | #13
Plagueis then.

He's a great manipulator with unique power.

Not even Luke or Palpatine, not even th Ones, not even Abeloth could revive people from death, and he did it over and over again.
Didn't the Daughter revive Ahsoka? Or at least save her from death? And didn't Cade Skywalker revive people too?

EDIT: And I believe Sidious revived the Death Star's chief engineer multiple times in order to prolong his suffering after the first Death Star war destroyed.

EDIT #2: He used a holocron to trap the engineer's body in clone bodies as he executed each one in new and "creative" ways.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Slowpokeking
11.25.2012 , 07:33 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Didn't the Daughter revive Ahsoka? Or at least save her from death? And didn't Cade Skywalker revive people too?

EDIT: And I believe Sidious revived the Death Star's chief engineer multiple times in order to prolong his suffering after the first Death Star war destroyed.
Quote:
Sazen was close to death, and the younglings on the shuttle feared for him. The Zabrak himself was calm, though, telling the others that there was no death, only the Force, in what he believed would be his last words. Cade was unable to cope, however, and used the Force to revive his Master, skirting very close to the dark side in doing so. The shuttle took off just as Sazen regained consciousness, though Kol had been killed. In a fit of rage, Cade expressed his desire to turn back and avenge his father's death. Realizing that his apprentice had almost touched the dark side, Sazen warned him not to leave the ship, telling Cade that fighting the Sith would only further corrupt his connection to the Force. Cade did not listen, however, and when the Jedi shuttle came under attack from Imperial fighters, he left the ship, flying an X-83 TwinTail starfighter against the Sith fighters. Sazen contacted him via comlink, but Cade disregarded his warnings and continued to fight. Eventually he was shot down, and his presence in the Force could no longer be felt, though Sazen knew Cade had not perished; their bond had been strengthened after Cade brought him back from the brink of death, and he knew that he would have felt if Cade had died. The shuttle left Ossus, and Sazen and Vao went into hiding.
Cade could save people from near death, The Daughter also revived Ahsoka from near death.

No, Sidious clearly said he didn't know the power to cheat death.

Aurbere
11.25.2012 , 07:35 PM | #15
Cade could save people from near death, The Daughter also revived Ahsoka from near death.
Near death? Well it's close, but few can match the wisdom and knowledge of Darth Plagueis in that area.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Spartanik
11.25.2012 , 07:41 PM | #16
Also not sure if mentioning the daughter is actualy fair.
Both the Father, daughter and son were extraordinary beings.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Aurbere
11.25.2012 , 07:45 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
Also not sure if mentioning the daughter is actualy fair.
Both the Father, daughter and son were extraordinary beings.
That's true.

As to putting Plagueis on the underrateds list. I would say that he is underrated, but his real claim to fame is his ability to save people from death. That's how we first hear about him from Palpatine. He's no slouch with the Force, but his main focus was on mastering the art of midichlorian manipulation. He had even discarded other knowledge he felt had no use to him.

He should be on the list, but I would mark him at around number six, as there are others who are not as well known as him that should get some recognition.

Slowpokeking
11.25.2012 , 07:47 PM | #18
That's what he was able to do.

Quote:
On the same day they had allowed Venamis to die.
Then, by manipulating the Bith's midi-chlorians, which should have been inert and unresponsive, Plagueis had resurrected him. The enormity of the event had stunned Sidious into silence and overhwelmed and addled 11-D's processors, but Plagueis had carried on without assisstance, again and again allowing Venamis to die and be returned to life, until the Bith's organs had given out and Plagueis had finally granted him everlasting death.

BrandonSM
11.25.2012 , 07:48 PM | #19
Yeah Plageuis is definitly up there.

Your talking about the guy who baffled Sidious multiple times with unheard of abilities.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

Aurbere
11.25.2012 , 07:51 PM | #20
That's what he was able to do.
I gotta say, that is impressive. However, his main goal was to achieve immortality through this method. Obviously, he was not able to.

I would put him on my list. He's a great character in my opinion.