Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

An in-depth look at: Kreia


Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.27.2012 , 10:41 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I don't think she's gotta chip on her shoulder or anything she's just an arrogant fanatic. Basically she's a character that represents everything that's wrong with the Jedi.
Yeah, she fits that description perfectly. I'm glad Kreia set her straight. She was deluding herself the whole time.

Kreia FTW!
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.27.2012 , 12:35 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by ZoeTuah View Post
I still think of her not as of the Dark Side, but as corrupted Light. Where bravery and justice get twisted into valor, vanity and dogma.
This is also a very good description. But I would disagree with 'corrupted Light'. I think your mixing philosophy with the Force. Kreia for example, was dark side but not Sith. Atris did fall to the dark side, but she did not become Sith - more like a corrupted Jedi who had twisted her teachings to serve her dark purpose. Like Traya says then she confront her "Sith is a title, yes, but like you, the title is not who I am".

Also I think in many ways she becomes Darth Traya - remember what Kreia said 'there must always be a Darth Traya'? I think she was referring to Atris, she had betrayed the Order on Katarr, betrayed herself by falling to the dark side and betrayed the Exile by turning her over to the Sith. The fact that originally she was going to be Darth Traya lends itself to this.

MasterMe's Avatar


MasterMe
11.27.2012 , 12:43 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
This is also a very good description. But I would disagree with 'corrupted Light'. I think your mixing philosophy with the Force. Kreia for example, was dark side but not Sith. Atris did fall to the dark side, but she did not become Sith - more like a corrupted Jedi who had twisted her teachings to serve her dark purpose. Like Traya says then she confront her "Sith is a title, yes, but like you, the title is not who I am".

Also I think in many ways she becomes Darth Traya - remember what Kreia said 'there must always be a Darth Traya'? I think she was referring to Atris, she had betrayed the Order on Katarr, betrayed herself by falling to the dark side and betrayed the Exile by turning her over to the Sith. The fact that originally she was going to be Darth Traya lends itself to this.
I agree with your catogrization of Sith and Darksiders.

The Dark side is a moral belief as well as a mindset

The Sith is a more specific set of beliefs and is a government as well.

It goes kinda like this: All Sith are Dark siders, but not all Dark siders are Sith.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.27.2012 , 12:50 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I agree with your catogrization of Sith and Darksiders.

The Dark side is a moral belief as well as a mindset

The Sith is a more specific set of beliefs and is a government as well.

It goes kinda like this: All Sith are Dark siders, but not all Dark siders are Sith.
It's not even a moral belief. Many people, Atris included, would deny believing in the dark side but still use it. Atris was in denial for a long time, she had fell way before you confronted her. If your a Jedi and in the heat of battle you give in to anger and use the dark side, you don't believe in it - you just use it instinctively. We just have to remember the Force is a living entity, not a belief. All it takes if for you to give in to your emotions, however inadvertently, to draw on it.

So:

The Dark Side is an aspect of the Force

Darksiders are those who wield the dark side.

Sith is a sect of Force sensitives who also wield the dark side.

But yes I agree "All Sith are Dark siders, but not all Dark siders are Sith" - e.g. the Nightsisters, Kreia.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.27.2012 , 12:53 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
It's not even a moral belief. Many people, Atris included, would deny believing in the dark side but still use it. Atris was in denial for a long time, she had fell way before you confronted her. If your a Jedi and in the heat of battle you give in to anger and use the dark side, you don't believe in it - you just use it instinctively. We just have to remember the Force is a living entity, not a belief. All it takes if for you to give in to your emotions, however inadvertently, to draw on it.

So:

The Dark Side is an aspect of the Force

Darksiders are those who wield the dark side.

Sith is a sect of Force sensitives who also wield the dark side.

But yes I agree "All Sith are Dark siders, but not all Dark siders are Sith" - e.g. the Nightsisters, Kreia.
You're right about that. There are several cults of Force users that use the Force in a certain way. They aren't considered Jedi or Sith.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

ZoeTuah's Avatar


ZoeTuah
11.27.2012 , 06:29 PM | #76
I'm gonna pull a Jolee Bindo on this one. Light and Dark are simply what people make of it. Perhaps they are not inherent aspects of the Force, but merely individuals' interpretations of each other and themselves, in relation to how and why they use the Force.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
11.28.2012 , 10:59 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by ZoeTuah View Post
I'm gonna pull a Jolee Bindo on this one. Light and Dark are simply what people make of it. Perhaps they are not inherent aspects of the Force, but merely individuals' interpretations of each other and themselves, in relation to how and why they use the Force.
A very plausible theory, Bindo was a wise man. I think I agree with you, after all the Force is a single entity is is not? We don't have angel Force on one shoulder and devil Force on the other. Light and Dark come about from how you use and interpret the Force and what fuels your usage of it. I writing this I've convinced myself even more that this is true, I thank you for you insight.

smap's Avatar


smap
11.28.2012 , 12:04 PM | #78
I think that Keia is a strong lead roll in the story's that the jedis use to educate their padawons. In a way though in fact in Kotor 2 she was referenced as the war lord, Darth Traya. I find it uneventfull that there are not more works and productions done about her and her saga's
From whom the bell tolls, the one the quietest is in charge. If than.
"Herb, another inflammatory like that and your gonna be reading the funnies."

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
11.28.2012 , 12:29 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by smap View Post
I think that Keia is a strong lead roll in the story's that the jedis use to educate their padawons. In a way though in fact in Kotor 2 she was referenced as the war lord, Darth Traya. I find it uneventfull that there are not more works and productions done about her and her saga's
I agree. I would have liked to see more works surrounding Kreia. Great character. Hoping the Entity really is Kreia...
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

mefit's Avatar


mefit
11.28.2012 , 01:00 PM | #80
Kreia was involved with people who could be said to have learned something from her
Sion
Nihilus
The Exile
Revan
So in the end she knew something worth teaching and worth learning .
Still on of the best Voice Acting in Video games and like it or not , I think the Best in the KotoR series !
Darth Mefit
Sith Marauder
Chiss
Shadowlands Server