Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: Kreia

Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 04:00 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
If you read the article I just posted, about the Entity. The interiewer refers to Kreia as Kreia/Arren Kae. Drew doesn't comment - so perhaps this is basically become everyones head canon
Yeah, I missed the article you posted while I was replying. But I did read it. All that we need is for someone to (finally) confirm it and we're good. So excited. This is one of the things that's bugged me for a while now. Glad to see its a common idea.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Beniboybling
11.26.2012 , 04:19 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by aurbere View Post
yeah, i missed the article you posted while i was replying. But i did read it. All that we need is for someone to (finally) confirm it and we're good. So excited. This is one of the things that's bugged me for a while now. Glad to see its a common idea.
HEY BIOWARE! THIS! THIS! Whip up some lore and fill these plot holes!

Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 04:30 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
HEY BIOWARE! THIS! THIS! Whip up some lore and fill these plot holes!
Wouldn't it be awesome if the Inquisitor tried to eat the Entity, but she took control of him? How awesome would that be?!

Not gonna happen, but it would be cool. Maybe she can take over a DC member and escape. Give her a big role Bioware! Fill the plot holes and we will be greatful.
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Rayla_Felana
11.26.2012 , 06:04 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I forget, did the masters ever call her by the name Kreia? If they didn't, that would add more evidence to fuel the Kreia=Arren Kae controversy we have here.
No and when you call her Kreia infront of Atris she states "Kreia? that is not her name..blah blah blah."

Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 06:16 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
No and when you call her Kreia infront of Atris she states "Kreia? that is not her name..blah blah blah."
Yeah? It's been a while since I played KOTOR II. The connection between Arren Kae and Kreia is too great to ignore.

Side-note: Why is Atris the way she is? I'm not versed in her past, mainly because she's kind of a bag.

OldVengeance
11.26.2012 , 08:10 PM | #66
I think it was a combination of the fact the was arrogant in the past and the fact that she secretly fell to the darkside during her stay on Telos.

Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 08:20 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I think it was a combination of the fact the was arrogant in the past and the fact that she secretly fell to the darkside during her stay on Telos.
I think you may be right. She had fallen to the Dark Side after so much time with those Sith Holocrons.

But I think she was kind of a bag to begin with.

Reedek
11.27.2012 , 01:24 AM | #68
Firstly to the confirmation of Arren Kae/Kreia...that has never occurred (as far as I'm aware, at least before TOR came out). I remember an old article where someone asked a KOTOR2 writer and he said "good guess, sorry, no comment" or something along those lines. I think it is meant to be a mystery to keep Kreia mysterious even after the end of the game (since I can't believe that the modders wouldn't have found any voice files or text on an Arren Kae/Kreia speech; I mean the developers left text of a Jedi Padawan never used on Dantooine, far less important)

Also as a side note, before the game was released a developer answered my question about if mysteries will be answered from the KOTOR2 storyline and he said yes. The forums were purged though so it is not visible anymore to confirm .

Side-note: Why is Atris the way she is? I'm not versed in her past, mainly because she's kind of a bag.
Kreia explains who Atris is in both the original game and the restored content mod. Mostly, Atris is Kreia at a younger age. Atris decides that the only way that she can defeat the Sith is to know their power from within and destroy them that way. Therefore she collects Sith Holocrons and falls to the dark side. Also, she doesn't train any Padawans at the Telos Jedi Academy since she doesn't want them to sense a dark side presence in her (therefore she doesn't allow the Handmaidens to learn the force). Finally, a major betrayal that she committed was when she allowed all of the Jedi on Katarr to be lured into a trap so she could see what the threat was that she faced, she fled Katarr after she found out Nihilius was too powerful to defeat at that time (she probably was in a ship on the edge of the solar system when he was destroying life on Katarr). So mostly, in the end Atris ends up to be dark side Kreia, since she betrayed the Jedi Order. There were other similarities between Atris and Kreia, for example, both were Jedi Historians.

Beniboybling
11.27.2012 , 01:25 AM | #69
I don't think she's gotta chip on her shoulder or anything she's just an arrogant fanatic. Basically she's a character that represents everything that's wrong with the Jedi.

ZoeTuah
11.27.2012 , 08:09 AM | #70
It's been a while since I played KotOR2, but I remember thinking that Atris wasn't even aware of her situation. Her extreme, narrow-minded devotion to the Light Side drove her to corruption.

I still think of her not as of the Dark Side, but as corrupted Light. Where bravery and justice get twisted into valor, vanity and dogma.