Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

An in-depth look at: Kreia

MasterMe
11.26.2012 , 11:50 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
To say that she is Sith would actually be an insult to her, I think. She set herself apart from the normal Jedi vs. Sith battle and created her own ideal. And no offense, but what she planned to do was out there. Really far out there.

I don't know if they are the same person. I wouldn't be surprised if they were, but right now we have evidence suggesting they are the same, but it is yet to be confirmed. That would suck for Brianna, though.
I imagine she would be insulted if you were to call her a Sith. But the truth is she uses the force for evil - so she is a Sith (to an extent) weather or not she wants to believe it. I'll give my definition of a Sith: uses the force selfishly and harmfully. To me, being a Sith has more to do with your morales more so then anything else. And your morales effect your fighting style.

Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 11:51 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Whaaaatever! Go join the Flat Earth Society already!

Just you wait, in a few hundred years time - the whole galaxy will be chanting, DEATH TO THE FORCE!
Remember that the Force is like the life essence of the galaxy. It encompasses all living things (except the Vong I guess). So killing the Force isn't the best idea a person could have.
Added Chapter 63 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
11.26.2012 , 11:55 AM | #33
Remember that the Force is like the life essence of the galaxy. It encompasses all living things (except the Vong I guess). So killing the Force isn't the best idea a person could have.
*twitches nervously* shutup, just just shutup!

Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
I imagine she would be insulted if you were to call her a Sith. But the truth is she uses the force for evil - so she is a Sith (to an extent) weather or not she wants to believe it. I'll give my definition of a Sith: uses the force selfishly and harmfully. To me, being a Sith has more to do with your morales more so then anything else. And your morales effect your fighting style.
Not quite, I'd say that's the definition of a dark side user. The definition of a Sith is someone who follows the Sith code. Kreia does not.

Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 11:56 AM | #34
I don't know if we can call her Sith. She did everything she could to set herself apart from the Jedi and Sith after they both betrayed her. While one could classify her as Sith, she wasn't a true Sith. Not by her endgame. She was a person that used the Dark Side of the Force. This doesn't classify her as Sith, as there are many Dark Side Force cults that aren't Sith. She kind of created her own philosophy that would destroy the galaxy. We can't classify her as Sith. She was Sith, but by the time of KOTOR II, she was a Dark Side Force user that tricked the Sith into following her.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe
11.26.2012 , 11:57 AM | #35
Agreed. It is an essiantial part of life in that universe. In fact, that makes an interesting point for another conversation:

The Emperor's plot in SWTOR is to destroy all life - would that not indirectly lead to the death of the force?

In fact, it is often the goal of the Sith to slaughter others. If this is so, and the force has a will, and the force is dependant on life, then wouldn't the force often aid the Jedi? I THINK I'M ON TO SOMETHING HERE PEOPLE!!
This would explain why the good guys always win in the end! Obviously this is just a theory, but I'm uber-excited about this!

Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 12:00 PM | #36
*twitches nervously* shutup, just just shutup!

He's losing it! Do something!

I will say that in a sick twisted way, one could view her as right. Not the "destroy the Force" thing, but her reason for it. The Force seeks balance and uses the Jedi to maintain this balance. The Insidious Force theory believes that the Force is evil and cares little for those it uses to maintain its "precious balance".

This theory could be looked at as true, in a twisted sense, but there are several other theories that are closer to the truth.

Beniboybling
11.26.2012 , 12:03 PM | #37
Agreed. It is an essiantial part of life in that universe. In fact, that makes an interesting point for another conversation:

The Emperor's plot in SWTOR is to destroy all life - would that not indirectly lead to the death of the force?

In fact, it is often the goal of the Sith to slaughter others. If this is so, and the force has a will, and the force is dependant on life, then wouldn't the force often aid the Jedi? I THINK I'M ON TO SOMETHING HERE PEOPLE!!
This would explain why the good guys always win in the end! Obviously this is just a theory, but I'm uber-excited about this!
I believe (ironically like Kreia, a coincidence of course) that the Force is sentient, perhaps left behind by the Celestials. So yes, the Force fights to restore balance. I honestly think Kreia was onto something here, if the Force is sentient, its probably indifferent - the only thing it cares about is bringing balance to the Force and will do so despite the gross loss of life. What balance in the Force is I can't say, perhaps its the elimination of the Dark side, perhaps its a balance between the two.

But the Force would not like to be destroyed, so yes - the Force may intervene and aid the Jedi. You might say thats far fetched, but anyone who has read the Plagueis novel would know that the Chosen One was created by the Force in retaliation to a ritual performed by Plagueis and Sidious which shifted the balance of the Force to the dark side.

Just had another thought which belongs here: the Entity? Is she Kreia?

Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 12:11 PM | #38

You are on to something. I would like to visit the rise and fall of the Galactic Empire to answer this.

Darth Sidious had shifted the balance of the Force to the Dark Side, which severely limited the Jedi Order's ability to use the Force. He had created a plan that would destroy the Jedi. It was almost fool-proof. The only time his plan was truly in danger was when Mace Windu had bested him. He had to rely on Anakin in order to complete his plan. The Will of the Force would surely attempt to intervene here, but it was too late. Mace Windu was dead and the Jedi Order was defeated. Even Yoda could not defeat Sidious. It was by the Will of the Force that Yoda escape and Obi-Wan defeat Anakin.

This leads to the next point. When Luke was taken in training by Obi-Wan, the Will of the Force was in play. The Force set the pieces up perfectly. Luke and Han saving Leia and going to Yavin. Then the Force guided Luke in destroying the Death Star. The Force played a large role in the Galactic Civil War. The Empire had everything on their side, except for the Force. The Ultimate Power in the universe was working against the Emperor in an effort to attain balance. This lead up to Sidious being cast down by the redeemed Vader.

The Force works to maintain balance. That would be an in-universe explanation for the good guys winning in the end. Out-of-universe: good guys always win.

Aurbere
11.26.2012 , 12:13 PM | #39
Just had another thought which belongs here: the Entity? Is she Kreia?
It is possible. Evidence points to it. If it is, I would like to know why she is back.

*Snap* That it! She's the key to beating the Emperor! Maybe... I think so.

Beniboybling
11.26.2012 , 12:20 PM | #40
It is possible. Evidence points to it. If it is, I would like to know why she is back.

*Snap* That it! She's the key to beating the Emperor! Maybe... I think so.
That would be awesome, but apparently their in a relationship, lol.