Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked Warzones, when would be the ideal time to run Ranked?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Jung Ma
Ranked Warzones, when would be the ideal time to run Ranked?

JediMasterSarynn
11.29.2012 , 02:06 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by XscottguyX View Post
We are going to try and shoot for tuesdays and thursdays. We would be up for running ranked any night but it always seems like no one ever q's up except for when credit shot ask us if we are running ranked that night. If more guild start running ranked on a nightly bases we will get off our butts and manning more teams.
We asked Jung Ma to queue for ranked warzones on a weekly basis about two months ago or longer, both here and in-game. Some weeks we went entire evenings without a single match. It got extremely boring and people started to do other things with their time. Now that Crimson Elite is back and we shifted our night to Tuesdays and Thursdays, hopefully things will pick back up consistently.

But what happened to all of the Imperial competition? Last ranked warzone I did facing an Imperial guild (and not a PUG) was about 1.5 months ago.
The Sunrider Legacy <Angeli Aetherii> PvP/PvE
Sarynn, Guardian | Darael, Shadow | Zadiel, Vanguard | Skyra, Scoundrel | Myrisa, Sentinel

Karthus
11.29.2012 , 02:24 PM | #12
Lack of geared players, really. We've got a few guilds running in-house ranked on an almost daily basis now, so hopefully as we get more players that are semi-geared and capable of standing up against the full WH guilds on the Republic side we'll be able to start partaking in regular ranked. Sure, you get more in comms for a loss in ranked than you do for a victory in regular but it's pretty hard to keep a group of 8 players together when they're losing constantly.

For PUGs - It also seems a lot of imps have a severe lack of morale, and the in-fighting gets kind of ridiculous sometimes. Lot of disrespectful players on our side of the field, which damages unity. On the plus side with F2P there's a lot of new players on both sides of the field, so Imps actually win on occasion now. Might help alleviate the gear problem.

These are just my personal observations, others may feel differently.

We have someone in our guild trying to organize at least one ranked team to run. I'll post on here if things work out and he gets together a solid schedule for when they'll be doing their thing. I think I saw a couple others post on here. I imagine over the next couple months you'll start to see a bit more of an Imperial presence in the ranked warzones.
Gutek Legacy - Ebon Hawk

Dancally
11.29.2012 , 04:52 PM | #13
As mentioned before, its hard to get people excited about RWZ because we usually end up sitting in a queue with no pops. Also, we have a lot of people who have plans on certain days of the week and its hard getting a whole team coordinated.

I am really trying to push Thursdays with our guild however, and getting a strong team is one of our top priorities. Please send Les or Lec a tell if you are queing, as we may end up doing other things if we aren't seeing que pops.

We're probably going to get started around 10PM-11 EST when a few of our guys get back from work/other events.

Cheers
Leq
Faction: Republic
-Cookies & Wookies-

Dancally
11.29.2012 , 06:12 PM | #14
Make that earlier, we have a good crowd today. we're ready @ 8
Leq
-Cookies & Wookies-

Dancally
11.29.2012 , 09:33 PM | #15
Well once again a night of no pops. The one imp group who said they would form a team told me they just wanted to do "in house" and farm comms off each other. Weak.

Whats the point of making these threads if people aren't going to show up. CE has shown up every night (except thanksgiving) even if our composition isn't perfect. Rating doesn't matter people - lets play some games.
Leq
-Cookies & Wookies-

Dancally
11.29.2012 , 10:51 PM | #16
I want to extend my thanks to the pub group that queue'd up before we gave up. Thanks for the close games!
Leq
-Cookies & Wookies-

Anethia
11.29.2012 , 11:22 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Dancally View Post
Well once again a night of no pops. The one imp group who said they would form a team told me they just wanted to do "in house" and farm comms off each other. Weak.

Whats the point of making these threads if people aren't going to show up. CE has shown up every night (except thanksgiving) even if our composition isn't perfect. Rating doesn't matter people - lets play some games.
What do you expect? Itís part of the reason why OoS quit...People on this server say they want competition but when it comes to it lets all be honest with ourselves there is none. I wish this game turned out to be better and more organized but until the community grows and there is a merge or xfers available, you can organize all you want but it will never be the same.

Iím sorry people think that queuing ďin-houseĒ will help them. It completely negates the concept of competitive pvp and takes away the little hope this server has for getting some sort of pvp experience.

As someone who only pvpíd on this game, if I still seriously played in these conditions I would most likely go crazy. One ranked queue a night if that is just dumb. Being queue dodged and only have one team on the server that actually made me pay attention was enough for me to never want to take this game seriously again.
Anethia Level 50 Sorc
Jung Ma Empire~Order of Shadow

yooohoo
11.30.2012 , 07:47 AM | #18
I think we need to just rally the morale of the server. Every time a ranked game pops people turn it into something its not. People view this as a guild smashing opportunity where trash talk follows pretty much every game no matter if its secret trash talk or not. No one wants to q up without their very very best players because we have created an environment in which losing is so shameful that its no longer an option. If you want to fix the attitude of the guilds you have to stop the life or death sentiment. Until that happens regular war zones will always be more appealing.
Immortal (member)
Suluu lvl 50 Sentinel
Guarnere lvl 50 Sage
Skilet lvl 50 Scoundrel

Anethia
11.30.2012 , 04:24 PM | #19
Iím pretty sure I posted about this already a long time ago but Iíll bite again. What do you think competitive pvp is about? Itís not about how we give fluffy bunnies to whomever wins and then skip off into the sunset thatís for sure. Show me one game where trash talking isnít involved in a ranking pvp style set up. It is shameful to lose and thatís because no one queues up to lose, they queue up to win. The problem is people take the trash talk to heart way too much. And if thatís the problem with why people donít want to queue or they think trash talking is the problem then perhaps regular warzones is the place for them.

Iíll give you an example, CE and OoS talked trashed to each other plenty of times before ranked came out and when ranked was available. We did it to bring out each otherís competitiveness to make ranked matches interesting and actually have a purpose; OoS did this with Sleens and other guilds also. But we didnít hate each other for it and become elitists and trolls to each other, we kept it to the pvp and moved on. We even had a ton of CE people in our OoS guildwars2 guild. So thereís no ďmorale boostingĒ needed, people just need to realize competitive pvp is competitive and they need to deal with it.

But all of this above crap is negligible because of my previous post. The Ranked PvP side of Jung ma is dead and there is no one saying they are the best anymore so there is no one willing to challenge it. So whatís the point of being ranked if there are no teams fighting to be the top?
Anethia Level 50 Sorc
Jung Ma Empire~Order of Shadow

AnimaSoul
11.30.2012 , 05:51 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Anethia View Post
Iím pretty sure I posted about this already a long time ago but Iíll bite again. What do you think competitive pvp is about? Itís not about how we give fluffy bunnies to whomever wins and then skip off into the sunset thatís for sure. Show me one game where trash talking isnít involved in a ranking pvp style set up. It is shameful to lose and thatís because no one queues up to lose, they queue up to win. The problem is people take the trash talk to heart way too much. And if thatís the problem with why people donít want to queue or they think trash talking is the problem then perhaps regular warzones is the place for them.

Iíll give you an example, CE and OoS talked trashed to each other plenty of times before ranked came out and when ranked was available. We did it to bring out each otherís competitiveness to make ranked matches interesting and actually have a purpose; OoS did this with Sleens and other guilds also. But we didnít hate each other for it and become elitists and trolls to each other, we kept it to the pvp and moved on. We even had a ton of CE people in our OoS guildwars2 guild. So thereís no ďmorale boostingĒ needed, people just need to realize competitive pvp is competitive and they need to deal with it.

But all of this above crap is negligible because of my previous post. The Ranked PvP side of Jung ma is dead and there is no one saying they are the best anymore so there is no one willing to challenge it. So whatís the point of being ranked if there are no teams fighting to be the top?
I'm one man army, bite me!
Jen'jidai, Jung Ma server
Legend Gaming Website | Join Jen'jidai!
Warlord A'nimus
"No enemy left standing!"