Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change all crafted orange sets to adaptive weight

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Change all crafted orange sets to adaptive weight

Heezdedjim
11.25.2012 , 05:11 AM | #1
You've clearly shown by now that there is no attempt to restrict classes to a certain "look" anymore with the Pay2Wear, social, and event gear. The least you could do is let crafters get in on the fashion parade by changing all our legacy orange patterns to adaptive weight as well. Then we could forget about tragic mistakes like the Hardened Plastifold set, and put our noob troopers in something like the Drelliad or Apprentice gear, that looks at least somewhat passable.

While you're at it, take the class locks off as well. Keep the level requirements if you must. Or lose those too.

Removing the class locks and making all these sets adaptive weight would also instantly make ALL of them available for companions, which would be a nice help in dressing them, especially at lower levels. As it is, if we want companion orange sets, we're stuck with the meager selection of social gear in-game, which is pretty dire at lower social levels. I mean, as much as I love making Jorgan run around in a tuxedo, it would be nice to have some options.

Sivn
11.25.2012 , 07:34 AM | #2
Agreed.

venomlash
11.25.2012 , 10:56 AM | #3
Please no.
Quote: Originally Posted by MichelleArcher View Post
Hey there, all! This thread has passed the dreaded 1,000 post limit, and is now in fire. Thanks for the fun, but we feel this discussion as run its course. We will not be restarting this thread.
Jarrant Gartin, Gunnery Commando, Spark of Hope, Begeren Colony

Cleet_Xia
11.26.2012 , 12:29 AM | #4
Boots, Gloves, Belts ~ This could be awesome !!

Chests & legs ~ This would stink !

I don't like the idea of removing the class restriction from the sets, players need some things that are unique and class specific.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Heezdedjim
11.26.2012 , 04:18 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
I don't like the idea of removing the class restriction from the sets, players need some things that are unique and class specific.
There are many such things. Every wearable item of endgame gear in the game, for example.

Splaktar
11.26.2012 , 04:56 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
You've clearly shown by now that there is no attempt to restrict classes to a certain "look" anymore with the Pay2Wear, social, and event gear. The least you could do is let crafters get in on the fashion parade by changing all our legacy orange patterns to adaptive weight as well. Then we could forget about tragic mistakes like the Hardened Plastifold set, and put our noob troopers in something like the Drelliad or Apprentice gear, that looks at least somewhat passable.

While you're at it, take the class locks off as well. Keep the level requirements if you must. Or lose those too.

Removing the class locks and making all these sets adaptive weight would also instantly make ALL of them available for companions, which would be a nice help in dressing them, especially at lower levels. As it is, if we want companion orange sets, we're stuck with the meager selection of social gear in-game, which is pretty dire at lower social levels. I mean, as much as I love making Jorgan run around in a tuxedo, it would be nice to have some options.
I fully agree with this. Crafters need to be given more useful things to make and a larger demand for items. Currently the supply is out of control and the demand is tiny and keeps getting smaller. The cartel market directly competes with crafters in a number of areas and yet has nothing to benefit crafters or improve crafting itself other than increasing bank space.
Splaktar - Arsenal Mercenary [50] - Master Armormech (UT/Slicing)
Samas - Engineering Sniper [42] - Armstech (Scavenging/Investigation)
Pak'Cafan - Jedi Covenant

Cleet_Xia
11.27.2012 , 02:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
There are many such things. Every wearable item of endgame gear in the game, for example.
I was talking specifically about protecting things like the Jedi Battle Lord, Colossus, & TD 17A Hydra sets ~ the class specific low level and high level sets need to off limits. The engame armor is 4 sets with 3 recolors per class. Each class has maybe 3 other sets that are class specific, and many of those are just recolors of another piece of gear. That's not enough.

I cringed when the rakghoul event handed out a set of adaptable armor that was a recolor of the trooper PvE endgame set. it wasn't right of them to do that.

There are plenty of armors in the game that are only available as green level gear that modable versions of could be added to game as adaptable armor. And there is a way to do it without touching the tiny bits of gear unique to the classes, or letting people wear tops & legs that don't make any sense at all with their chosen class.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

finelinebob
11.27.2012 , 03:29 PM | #8
It's not like the general SWTOR public would buy custom gear in the first place, other than a few rare items.

I'd rather that the very few items in the game that exist only for certain classes remain for those classes ... otherwise, let's go Star Trek and have identically cut uniforms for everyone. Maybe we can even craft "red shirts" for whoever winds up being the meat shields for warzones....

Stupid decisions on who can wear what will not be solved by making the same stupid decisions for everything that can be worn: that just compounds the error.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet

Heezdedjim
02.09.2013 , 04:39 PM | #9
Bump.

Jagrevi
02.10.2013 , 02:48 PM | #10
No. Please no.

Differentiation of what it is like to outfit a character of a different class is a good thing.
Planned Twi'lek Scoundrel