Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To those interested in a SWTOR lifetime subscription

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
To those interested in a SWTOR lifetime subscription

Selvec
12.02.2012 , 08:32 PM | #21
Adding another shop would be silly and just make upkeep on making sure it's updated a waste of time. Paying 300 would easily equate you to a CE, hell beyond CE in fact. Might as well merge the two and fulfil the promise of CE shop being updated.

Also 300 Euro's is WAY to much. Don't forget that Euro's for the rest of the world is a lot of money.
We want action regarding low player numbers on Oceania servers!
Sign this petition if you agree.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ea-b...mbers-problems

Lord_Thorne
12.04.2012 , 01:41 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Erethrian View Post
To me it would be like this:

Requirement for lifetime subscription:
> No need to be a Subsciber.

Price I'd be willing to pay:
> Between US$ 249,00 ~ US$ 299,00. Or 225-275

What I'd expect to get in return:
> Lifetime status as subscriber.
> Around 1000 Cartel Coins per month.
> Ingame title "Citizen".
> A shop only for Lifetime subs.
> Lifetime discount of 10 to 20% in the Cartel Market.
This sounds about right to me; I might even be tempted to spring for it (hey, a year ago, popping $300 for any game would have been unthinkable).
The details of whether to open all shops, as earlier suggested, or a separate lifetimer shop, either or both would work as far as I'm concerned. They're obviously doing a lot of work with stores and items and such, so that's a hard call from outside.
Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy.
(If this game has taught me anything, it's the incredible immaturity, bitterness, and selfishness of a sadly large segment of the MMO and Star Wars communities.)

CrazyOldMystic
12.04.2012 , 04:03 AM | #23
This idea is a game killer, let me tell what it did for sto. At launch and about a year in allot of people picked up the lifetime subs. The money was good, but in the end sto was hurting money wise, because what they did was kill that solid stream of the monthly subs. Soon in their so called f2p modal they had to make up for the loss, so they began putting solid content items in the cstore, and charging RL money. So what ended up happening was the Lifetime sub and the subscriber got royally screwed and got nothing in return for their spent money. Its simple money management. You need a steady stream of money to keep the game up. One big burst from lots of players does not give you that. If swtor went down that road, it surely would destroy this game, because like sto they would run into money problems later on after the burst of profit. You would start seeing key content items put into the cartel market for RL money. Essentially lifetime subs would just end up screwing the player.

Inzuher
12.04.2012 , 04:31 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Erethrian View Post
To me it would be like this:

Requirement for lifetime subscription:
> No need to be a Subsciber.

Price I'd be willing to pay:
> Between US$ 249,00 ~ US$ 299,00. Or 225-275

What I'd expect to get in return:
> Lifetime status as subscriber.
> Around 1000 Cartel Coins per month.
> Ingame title "Citizen".
> A shop only for Lifetime subs.
> Lifetime discount of 10 to 20% in the Cartel Market.
Aside from the 10 to 20 % discount this is propperly the most realistic version.

However:

Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyOldMystic View Post
This idea is a game killer, let me tell what it did for sto. At launch and about a year in allot of people picked up the lifetime subs. The money was good, but in the end sto was hurting money wise, because what they did was kill that solid stream of the monthly subs. Soon in their so called f2p modal they had to make up for the loss, so they began putting solid content items in the cstore, and charging RL money. So what ended up happening was the Lifetime sub and the subscriber got royally screwed and got nothing in return for their spent money. Its simple money management. You need a steady stream of money to keep the game up. One big burst from lots of players does not give you that. If swtor went down that road, it surely would destroy this game, because like sto they would run into money problems later on after the burst of profit. You would start seeing key content items put into the cartel market for RL money. Essentially lifetime subs would just end up screwing the player.
I do agree with this
"I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night, and silences the light.".