Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech leveling spec

badalchemist
12.20.2011 , 04:01 PM | #11
I leveled as Pyrotech until I got to Tatooine. Now mobs are starting to hit a bit harder, so I'm going Shieldtech.

Morbidar
12.21.2011 , 09:19 AM | #12
I'm currently 22 as Pyrotech. Mainly for PvP reasons. I am doing fine. I probably need to start eyeing Mako's gear now. I bought all the level 20 PvP gear and am cruising.
{▒▒▒▒‾▀‾▒▒]۪۩ ░░░░▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒░
▐╢█[_〙 └─◘┴
▐╢▌ ◄Blazar Blackthorne, Vanguard, Junga Ma►

Ragdad
12.21.2011 , 10:35 AM | #13
Level 20 pvpgear? Where?

badalchemist
12.21.2011 , 10:44 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Ragdad View Post
Level 20 pvpgear? Where?
Combat Training quarter, look for the female human in heavy armor that's just a PvP vendor (not Battlemaster, Champion or any other prefix). You can get implants (and an earpiece?). You can also get relics from your LS/DS vendor at that level.

Torothin
12.21.2011 , 10:50 AM | #15
You shouldn't invest in gear until your 40's. it's pointless and a waste of money....

Ki-tec
12.21.2011 , 11:49 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Torothin View Post
You shouldn't invest in gear until your 40's. it's pointless and a waste of money....
You pay with pvp commendations, not money. At that level you are capped at a thousand which you can make in no time, so you may as well spend them

Torothin
12.21.2011 , 12:20 PM | #17
Are you capped in merc commendations before spending those?

EzFlyer
12.21.2011 , 02:30 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by schrammy View Post
yeah i am leveling a shield tech aswell seems pretty good a bit slow in some fights but with mako you can do most 2 man heroic quests your self witch safes time if no one else is around to group with, also makes main story quest super easy.
bingo. i take out even champion mobs with no difficulty so far. i can't solo groupx4's if it's like.. 3 elites+ per pull (i.e. the jedi-quest on narshaddah, i couldn't do that solo) - but, while slightly slow on long fights, you've got tons of survivability.

i've not come close to dying yet as shieldtech lvling. i usually pull a couple groups together and then flame whirl them/death from above/flamethrower. very fast. it's fun being durable

Morbidar
12.21.2011 , 03:53 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by badalchemist View Post
Combat Training quarter, look for the female human in heavy armor that's just a PvP vendor (not Battlemaster, Champion or any other prefix). You can get implants (and an earpiece?). You can also get relics from your LS/DS vendor at that level.
What are these 'relics' you speak of sir!
{▒▒▒▒‾▀‾▒▒]۪۩ ░░░░▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒░
▐╢█[_〙 └─◘┴
▐╢▌ ◄Blazar Blackthorne, Vanguard, Junga Ma►

badalchemist
12.21.2011 , 03:55 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Morbidar View Post
What are these 'relics' you speak of sir!
It's another equipment slot. They're kind of like trinkets from WoW, if you are familiar with that.