Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech leveling spec

orcusrbl
12.20.2011 , 02:07 AM | #1
What spec are you people leveling your powertech as? I'm AP but I was wondering if anyone was leveling as pyrotech and how they are doing.

jonostar
12.20.2011 , 02:50 AM | #2
Hey! I am lvl 25 and am using the Advanced Prototype tree too. It is awesome, very high dmg, very maneuverable and really good fun.

Here is my spec so far, is it the same as yours?:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZMsMMRR.1

I find this is great for dpsing in groups however when I pvp or am solo questing I use the tanking Ion Gas Cylinder instead of the proper High Energy Gas cylinder as it gives you 60% armour, 5% dmg reduction and 15% shield chance.

For pvp it is currently totally unbeatable.

Rikalonius
12.20.2011 , 03:12 AM | #3
I'm leveling as shield tech and I'm doing just fine. I was happier when I had Gault than Mako, because after gearing him up he drops things pretty quickly and I hardly have a scatch on me. But, Mako did a fine job of healing me, again after some gear modifications, and contributing some extra damage.

schrammy
12.20.2011 , 04:15 AM | #4
yeah i am leveling a shield tech aswell seems pretty good a bit slow in some fights but with mako you can do most 2 man heroic quests your self witch safes time if no one else is around to group with, also makes main story quest super easy.

Khadorian
12.20.2011 , 09:01 AM | #5
im running advanced prototype and dps offhand.

But I think shield tech might be better on harder encounters, seems to be bit troublesome for me, but on easier groups things die really quick.

orcusrbl
12.20.2011 , 11:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by jonostar View Post
Hey! I am lvl 25 and am using the Advanced Prototype tree too. It is awesome, very high dmg, very maneuverable and really good fun.

Here is my spec so far, is it the same as yours?:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301ZMsMMRR.1

I find this is great for dpsing in groups however when I pvp or am solo questing I use the tanking Ion Gas Cylinder instead of the proper High Energy Gas cylinder as it gives you 60% armour, 5% dmg reduction and 15% shield chance.

For pvp it is currently totally unbeatable.
I'm 25 too and I'm using that exact same build.

No one is using pyrotech then?

Trevock
12.20.2011 , 11:28 AM | #7
How good is Jet Charge from the Shield Tech spec because thats one of the reasons why I would spec Shield Tech instead of AP.

Noxxie
12.20.2011 , 11:43 AM | #8
I have tried all 3 spec's from beta and am using shield tech now. I have 0 down time and can solo most heroic quests. It is also nice to be able to tank flashpoints.
Squadron 11-11-11

*Never Forget*

midnitemonster
12.20.2011 , 03:23 PM | #9
The same spec I plan on playing end game with...
"Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual."

Nowiser
12.20.2011 , 03:36 PM | #10
Jet charge is for pvp and its awesome, but I level as shieldtrch and love it