Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Really?! STILL with the Super Mario Bros jumping puzzle torture?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Really?! STILL with the Super Mario Bros jumping puzzle torture?

Viridionyx's Avatar


Viridionyx
11.24.2012 , 07:46 PM | #1
Trying to get the Cunning +2 Datacron in Justicar Territory. I can't believe that three decades later, this tedious, frustrating and totally non-necessary jumping puzzle torture is still crammed down our throats. I HATE THIS STUFF. I'd totally risk account banning for a noclip hack so that I could avoid this garbage.

It's not challenging, fun or any kind of learning experience. It's the penultimate in apathetic programming!

Please tell me that few of the Datacron journeys to come will present such an arcane path!

Dave S.
"There is no end, no beginning. There is only the infinite passion of life." -Federico Fellini

Smashbrother's Avatar


Smashbrother
11.24.2012 , 07:52 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Viridionyx View Post
Trying to get the Cunning +2 Datacron in Justicar Territory. I can't believe that three decades later, this tedious, frustrating and totally non-necessary jumping puzzle torture is still crammed down our throats. I HATE THIS STUFF. I'd totally risk account banning for a noclip hack so that I could avoid this garbage.

It's not challenging, fun or any kind of learning experience. It's the penultimate in apathetic programming!

Please tell me that few of the Datacron journeys to come will present such an arcane path!

Dave S.
Is anyone forcing you to get that datacron? Are those datacrons necessary at all to be competitive or play the game?

The answer is NO to both.

Gomla's Avatar


Gomla
11.24.2012 , 08:00 PM | #3
Not a fan of jumping puzzles myself.

As such, I ignore the datacrons.

And thus my life goes merrily on it's way.

amnie's Avatar


amnie
11.24.2012 , 08:01 PM | #4
there are definitely quite a few datacrons that are 'more of a challenge' than others... but don't sweat, there are only 2-3 really annoying one per stat (max)

so unless you actually want to get them ALL, no, there won't be many ultra painful ones. it's also obviously your choice how much weight you put into them. do you need the extra +2/+4 stat boost to jump around for an hour getting frustrated after try number 50? do you want a full codex log? no? then don't bother.

Larce_Apollo's Avatar


Larce_Apollo
11.24.2012 , 08:01 PM | #5
You must learn to be more cunning to get the datacron.

LarcÚ Apollo - Trooper-Commando/Combat Medic Ω
SWG/Bria Vet - CE Pre-Order - Full Beta Tester
The Army of Light | The Ebon Hawk Server

Wagnus's Avatar


Wagnus
11.24.2012 , 08:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Larce_Apollo View Post
You must learn to be more cunning to get the datacron.
Oh ho ho ho ho

scullzomben's Avatar


scullzomben
11.24.2012 , 08:10 PM | #7
Oh how I wish there were more platforming puzzles in this game. They are fun and challenging!

If you are incapable of pressing W and Spacebar at the same time, get creative! Ask a Sorc/Sage who can pull you, or even an Assassin/Shadow or Powertech/Vanguard who you can duel and they can pull you. Are you playing a Jugg? Ask someone so you can intercede to them.

Please don't dumb this game down even further. There should be challenges in this game.

FourTwent's Avatar


FourTwent
11.24.2012 , 08:29 PM | #8
jumping puzzles are good for you. they grow hair on your chest. me a MAN!

Altyrell's Avatar


Altyrell
11.24.2012 , 08:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
Oh how I wish there were more platforming puzzles in this game. They are fun and challenging!
Agreed, and my thoughts are that they are challenging as there are times when having to jump from spot A to Spot B is tedious and difficult. Plus, the OP kind of didn't offer any alternatives

aurellian's Avatar


aurellian
11.24.2012 , 08:43 PM | #10
I love the datacrons. I hate jumping because it can get frustrating, but then when I finally get that blasted thing...IT'S AWESOME!