Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

hacks are out of control

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
hacks are out of control

Sathid
11.29.2012 , 08:11 AM | #81
I havent seen a hack in six months or more,saw the speed hack a few times on my old server,i have suspected a few people of maybe using some GCD hack,but that could have been a host of other issues.

mrdert
11.29.2012 , 08:58 AM | #82
Sometimes players lose. Some players lose all the time. Those players would rather believe they're losing due to hacking rather than poor playing on their part.

Iv'e seen a couple hacks. Iv'e even been accused of hacking on a couple occasions. However, the idea that everyone is hacking and that it's "out of control" is rather ridiculous. If you see someone you think is hacking report it and add them to your friends list. If all of a sudden they're not logged in for a while...
It is easier for a man to destroy the light inside himself than to fight the darkness all around him.
Allup N'Yoas
come <Play> with us

Sathid
11.29.2012 , 09:28 AM | #83
i dunno,but i dont know if it's me or the server but it seems like there is these large lag hits some times and friends,guildys agree because we are all in Vent and you get this spike and then some players seem to just hit like trucks,i havent seen it as much latley but i do recall it well and it was noticed by many that i played with.

FatEdd
11.29.2012 , 09:34 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Sathid View Post
i dunno,but i dont know if it's me or the server but it seems like there is these large lag hits some times and friends,guildys agree because we are all in Vent and you get this spike and then some players seem to just hit like trucks,i havent seen it as much latley but i do recall it well and it was noticed by many that i played with.
I totally second that, complete freezing up just as they are about to strike, kind of convenient that. Does not happen often, but when it does I often scratch my head over how.

TUXs
11.29.2012 , 09:37 AM | #85
Performance in this game is so spotty that it's just not worth calling "hacks" on anything. However, there are people who PvP enough to know when something isn't right...not that they're correct, but I don't trust anyone on the interweb. Hackers ARE out there...especially in FTP games.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Sathid
11.29.2012 , 09:54 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Performance in this game is so spotty that it's just not worth calling "hacks" on anything. However, there are people who PvP enough to know when something isn't right...not that they're correct, but I don't trust anyone on the interweb. Hackers ARE out there...especially in FTP games.
Sure to a degree,but my guild is average age maybe 30 to mid 40's in age,many from the tech industry and we primarily PvP,so if a few them guys are scratching their heads and saying it in vent,well thats just not the interwebs.

Like i said though,i rarely see it,lately.

Kahndraga
11.29.2012 , 11:12 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Philelectric View Post
If the other player took the speeder the second it spawned and got the speed buff from a mara (I think the bubble of sage/sorc give a short speed boost too) and used force speed the second predation is down and you took the speeder lately I think he was not even close to hacking.

On the other hand, if he took the speeder lately and you took it quickly and he got zero speed buff, there is something wrong.
I thought that it may be just speed bossts from the sith equivelent combat sent, and a spped burst from him being a sage but it made me wonder if he was, because he was capping as i turned the corner.

Thanks for your input.
-Warlord Kahndraga MacTavish-
-Major Llamatoe MacTavish-
OFFICER of F.O.A.D.
"F*@% Off And Die"

Individual
11.29.2012 , 11:17 PM | #88
The OP of this thread just doesn't get it. He has the majority of people in this thread telling him otherwise, but still he refuses to listen to any reason what so ever.

spectreclees
11.29.2012 , 11:19 PM | #89
Never seen a hack ever in this game. It's rated by the way.

Mr_Elotes
11.30.2012 , 04:17 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
YEAH! And <Full Resolve> and <Goof Troop> and <The Agency> and <COVENANT> and <Ascendancy> and especially <Deadweight> oh wait...

Or maybe you should post this in server specific forums, or not at all...

Only hacks I've ever "seen" is lag switches, and you know, it could just be actual lag...
This. I've played with cookies, full resolve, aliens and others and none imho dont hack. They use a lot of coordination (sp?) and tactics. I have also learned a lot from them on why what works and what doesnt due to skills of other AT. I have seen DW once saved one of their teamates from me killing them by a tank pulling them back to the healer since they out of range of heals and heal them back up. Coordination. As others have stated, from one reason or another the gameplay on the harbinger changes from days to nights...Pubs rule the day time and Imps rule the night.
<ISWHODUNIT>
Snuck'in, R'senole, Camps, Snuck'out
Unsober PVPer