Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

hacks are out of control

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
hacks are out of control

Individual
11.29.2012 , 04:04 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
Well the stealth one just happened to me in Civil War.

It was great, really close game. Battled for mid for half the match. Eventually my side capped it. I sat at snow the entire time watching both sides tick down to around 200.

I saw a few inc so I called for some help. I knew there was a stealth around because I'd seen him go into stealth earlier and never come out. Some friends and enemies arrived, someone popped out of sneak, we had a nice 3v3 going on, I am looking RIGHT AT the cap node at all times, heck we've got two of our guys standing practically right on top of it and I'm only 6 feet away...

It turns red. There is NO ENEMY THERE. Right after it turned red, someone came out of sneak right on top of it.

I know there is a concealment bug in the game, it's been in since launch. It's happened to me and a friend in PvE several times. When it happens, you are free to move and act normally but remain invisible. I don't know the details on how to trigger it but it ruined what was otherwise a very close match.

I don't mind losing but when it is due to an exploitable bug it kinda blows.
I have yet to see that or have that happen to me.

Arlanon
11.29.2012 , 04:09 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual
I have yet to see that or have that happen to me.
Here, have some cake.

Spoiler

Individual
11.29.2012 , 04:12 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by VLAHD View Post
I tried to give specific examples of the hacks i see/saw in a 9 match day...Bioware promtely deleted my thread and gave me a warning...said i was violating the forum policies talking about hacks....I would love to tell you where to see all the hacks running in the game right now, but if i say anything about that, the mods will delete this post. If you dont believe me, you can search my posts and you will see the pm i recieved...i copy and pasted it...why would the mods be worried about us discussing hacks if there arent any? Its because they are running, and have been running since day one...Its not hard to hack a system with all the client side files stored on the client CPU. Its basic programming and the compliers are free lol. And, there is no warden program running in the backround to detect "manipulated" files and delete/redownload them.

It was funny how all the premades guilds we complain about hacking and usually wofflestop us were getting owned right after yesterdays patch...its because you have to change the hack code to the new exe files and it hadnt been done yet. Hense, no hacks were up yet. There are entire websites dedicated to this lol...For a fee, you can join and even copy/upload the code you have created. WoW had this problem until the warden program went in...EQ1 still has this problem, but there is little PvP there so its not such a concern.

I will say this again...I love close matchs and i dont mind losing...Losing makes me better...But, when i have 0 chance of winning because someone is hacking/exploiting, it gets old. As i said before, the punishment is not severe enough when caught hacking in this game...There should be no second chances, ban them...However, if you think this is too harsh...make a hack server and place all the hackers/exploiter there when they get caught...They can mess with each other and hack to their hearts content...wont affect the rest of us and bioware can make an attempt at saving their bottom line.

Like or dont like it, believe me or dont...doesnt change anything...let the flame wars continue.
Did you ever think that maybe they deleted because they know your wrong and know the mechanics of the game a lot better than you? Just saying bro....You probably proved names with a description of you thought was a hack instead of providing actual video evidence. Honestly man, I've only seen the speed hack in this game and that was in Jan. I only saw it one time and one time only. Right now, you're going on about you think people hack without even providing any substance what so ever. Furthermore, it's probably against their policy to actually name people on the forums who you "think" you've seen hack. The proper proceedure would probably be to submit a ticket.

To me, it seems like this is a L2P issue with you. You probably haven't played all the classes yet, and you probably don't know how their abilities. I think if you actually played the classes, or you went to a character calculater to read the description of all the abilities, you would probably figure a lot out and realize people aren't hacking.

Individual
11.29.2012 , 04:15 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
I don't know why I bother since you refuse to HEAR any explanation, but the reason you weren't getting owned right after the patch, is because you qued in the afternoon instead of the night. Pst, pubs do better on Harbinger during the day. Your wins had nothing to do with the imp premades not having loaded up new hacks yet, they had everything to do with you being in que when the good pubs are usually on.
I like to think of it as when the bad imps are on lol.

Individual
11.29.2012 , 04:16 AM | #75
Here, have some cake.

Spoiler
Only if it has frosting

Arlanon
11.29.2012 , 04:43 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual
Only if it has frosting
I am going to be honest with you. I lied before, but this time there are no tricks. I do not have any cake for you. I do, however, have a cupcake. It has frosting. I know how much you love frosting. This cupcake has so much frosting on it. Would you like to have it? I will give it to you. All you have to do is open this box.

Spoiler

FatEdd
11.29.2012 , 06:40 AM | #77
Hey,

I am sure hacking goes on, but in all honesty there are some pretty well drilled PVP groups out there, that are genuinely almost impossible to beat "when they are premade or as one large group" and I think do not need to hack, sure they are mostly butt heads that are dripping with obnoxious fumes, but they are genuinely good PVPers I think?, "NOTE, when grouped in premades only", some of which I respect, not many, just the few that are not needing the support of 5 odd to gank one, and will actually go 1 on 1, unfortunately the later is the rarest event in TOR, 1 on 1, I wonder why that could possibly be?, hmmm gets you thinking a. Premades can look like hacking is going on, but I do not think they do, they are just perfect groups, able to communicate in Vent or TS, which look awesome and on paper they are awesome when grouped with there buddies, against unorganized opposition regular queues etc, chances are your gonna lose badly and consider blaming it on hacking, been there, done that, and I do not think the majority do hack at all.

However, it is kind of obvious the speed hack I have noticed more recently raring its ugly head again, and what appears to be an instant death blow on even those in elite WH or WH armor, to me is just a little suspect as I am unaware of any class that has such abilities to do such blows. I ask, are you aware of any class with the ability to instantly kill elite WH and WH geared people?, the hack advanced sentinal or smuggler class maybe?, cause I sure as hell don't, though you may gain some answers from some of those oddball PUB guilds, they are most likely to know how that one is done, rather than Imperials I feel .

Good luck.

FatEdd
11.29.2012 , 06:48 AM | #78
I am going to be honest with you. I lied before, but this time there are no tricks. I do not have any cake for you. I do, however, have a cupcake. It has frosting. I know how much you love frosting. This cupcake has so much frosting on it. Would you like to have it? I will give it to you. All you have to do is open this box.

Spoiler
I guess you would be regarded as one of the seemingly infinite number of obnoxious individuals that furnish TOR.

Alericus
11.29.2012 , 07:04 AM | #79
Being one of those elite WH /WH geared players trust me when I say Ive been one shotted by a few of those teams. Its interesting because I always take note of the names of the players. Not to report necessarily because I just want to see if I see them in other matches later, perhaps on my team at some point. Funny because what Im noticing is a lot of these OP teams and players Ill see for a few weeks and then boop gone.

I have also noticed a lot of these players will show up maybe Tuesday/Wednesday and then gone for an entire week. I also see a lot of turnover in the guilds these players are in. How do I track them..well thats the marvelous thing of /friend you can see whose on and not on on a consistent basis.

So what does it mean......well Tuesday the weekly resets and Ive heard rumours bans come in the weekly variety so other than the players are leveilng other toons I guess guilds could be scheduling game play.

Pick what you think makes most sense. All I know is Bioware isnt as clueless as some would have you believe.
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

rawfox
11.29.2012 , 08:03 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
LMAO ... made my day