Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

hacks are out of control

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
hacks are out of control

BoDiE
11.27.2012 , 02:33 PM | #31
I've seen one speed hack since beta and that's about it.
epicfail
Nothing ever good comes from gaming forums.

sirullrich
11.27.2012 , 03:40 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Individual View Post
Do you have any proof because I don't see any? All the people on here complaining about hacks, yet they can't even show a video or a screenshot of some sort.

This guy probably gets beat down all the time on his server. Furthermore, he probably doesn't understand the mechanics of the game. Here is some advice.... Get your own premade and open up to people. It's an MMO. It's ment to be played with others. If you want to play by yourself, go buy elder scolls or something. Most importantly, L2P the game.

LIfe isn't fair, some of the people you game with are going to be better than you. Accept that, and you'll never be upset about playing an online game again.
Funny man I once wrote a post that sounded just like that and the game I recommended was also elder scrolls. LOL
RENPA
STRIFE

Scotland
11.27.2012 , 04:08 PM | #33
Op is completely right, 100%!
Albā Anaigh
Albå - AlbaGuBra - Albā - Albagų
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <

RazielHex
11.27.2012 , 05:14 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Scotland View Post
Op is completely right, 100%!

Sure..
http://www.swtor.com/community/searc...archid=3132639

Psirebral
11.28.2012 , 01:23 AM | #35
Someone killed me? Must be a hacker.

I killed someone? Scrub, uninstall the game.

glocklB
11.28.2012 , 03:08 AM | #36
I saw some things during my pvp "carier" that look weird at some standpoint. But most of them are easily explained if you look for explanation in class abilities, not in magic hacks.

I'm not so experienced in pvp, have 1 wh toon dps sorcerer. Although i have another toons to understand their abilities.

The only thing i didn't find explanation except it is a bug. Well, it's not a hack since it happened to me personally only once.
Voidstar: we attack and the battle is near the last doors, defenders got there right in time before we capped and focused me different stuns/pushes after which i found myself stuck in the door. It was evident that no one could attack me directly and i was able to plant the bomb 100% (tried and cancelled in 1-2secs). I didn't though, i found it unfair and just didn't wanna be acused in hacking.

And that's definitely bug. And yeah, some people are too fast to name hackers in cases when fully min/maxed player/group rips them apart.
<Reckoning> The Red Eclipse - Marine, sorcerer
<Nostrum Dolus> Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Walsix, sage

OldRepublicRevan
11.28.2012 , 03:32 AM | #37
I should start hacking. I mean if other ppl I know can get away with it for 3 plus months w/o being banned I guess more ppl should try it.

OldRepublicRevan
11.28.2012 , 03:33 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Psirebral View Post
Someone killed me? Must be a hacker.

I killed someone? Scrub, uninstall the game.
Person who beats you - Hacker

Person you beat -Scrub

You - fail troll.

OldRepublicRevan
11.28.2012 , 03:37 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Hacker #1: Seen by multiple people capping a node in Civil War from stealth. Offending player was banned within 24 hours, never to be seen again.

Hacker #2: "Glitching" aka speed hacking via NetLimiter in Huttball. Offending player was banned within 24 hours, never to be seen again.

Those are the only 2 confirmed hackers I've ever heard of on my server. There are rumors of others of course, and I've seen vids of other suspicious activities by an entire guild on my server, and they've had players banned in the past. Hacking does not run rampant in TOR. I'm sure not everyone gets caught, but I'm also sure it's not as bad as people make it out to be, either.
At first you see one cockroach then you see a few more by the time you realize you have an infestation on your hands it is too late to do anything about it.

Scotland
11.28.2012 , 05:11 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by OldRepublicRevan View Post
Person who beats you - Hacker

Person you beat -Scrub

You - fail troll.
Me Vs Scrub
Albā Anaigh
Albå - AlbaGuBra - Albā - Albagų
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <