Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher wont start

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alumia
11.24.2012 , 03:38 PM | #1
I have gone through all the steps and what not in the self help section and nothing has worked yet. When I click on the launcher to start nothing happens, no window no nothing. If I click on it multiple times still nothing happens. Please help

Roalmo
11.24.2012 , 03:41 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Alumia View Post
I have gone through all the steps and what not in the self help section and nothing has worked yet. When I click on the launcher to start nothing happens, no window no nothing. If I click on it multiple times still nothing happens. Please help
Hmm.. what firewall/anti-virus are you running? You cleared both launcher.exe/swtor.exe with both right?

Alumia
11.24.2012 , 10:14 PM | #3
I use ESET Nod32 and both of them have been cleared by it

jahurn
11.25.2012 , 09:05 AM | #4
Same thing happens to me. I have to open Task Manager, stop Launcher from running and try again. Its random though, sometimes it works on the 1st go, other times it takes 5 or more attempts for it to run....weird. I have attempted everything on the forums here to get it work properly execpt summit a ticket. Maybe thats the next step.

Waysider
11.25.2012 , 01:21 PM | #5
I to have been haveing the same problems, i tryed deleteing the launcher and running fixlauncher and northing happend.
FIREPOWER, The more the merrier!!!

Alumia
11.26.2012 , 01:30 AM | #6
Can I please get a reply/help Bioware?! This obviously isn't an isolated problem and is still persisting for me.

Alumia
11.26.2012 , 02:28 AM | #7
I have also tried EVERYTHING you have posted in these forums to no avail, seriously can I please get some help on this issue

Cerimon
11.26.2012 , 08:58 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Alumia,

This does appear to be an antivirus related issue. Please remove and re-add firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe as new versions of these files can still trigger your AV software even if an exception has already been made. When starting the Launcher please make sure that you run it as administrator and in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode.

If you continue to have an issue please temporarily disable your antivirus completely and see if that will allow you to launch the game. If you can launch the game with the AV software turned off then it is just a matter of turning the AV software back on and getting it to ignore the SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe files.

Let us know if you continue to have problems running the Launcher.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Alumia
11.26.2012 , 10:35 PM | #9
I did all that you asked there and nothing worked. When I clicked nothing happened still. It seems to appear in my processes list for a couple of seconds then it disappears from there too. And if I click multiple times it comes up the the "multiple instances" stuff

Cerimon
11.27.2012 , 08:18 AM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Alumia,

Please go to this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Here, you should find a folder called 'Patch', please delete this. Once this is complete, please run the FixLauncher utility from the above location, then start the Launcher again. Please let us know if you continue to have a problem after these steps.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support