Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collector's edition Not as Epic as it was represented. Not worth the extra $90

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Collector's edition Not as Epic as it was represented. Not worth the extra $90

Alkiii
12.20.2011 , 11:37 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Damodar_Thade View Post
I am fairly content with the CE but i agree the CE store is a bit lacking i only looked in once so far and saw a nice set of trooper armour but nothign geared toward force sensitive chars such as robes or crystals.

There shouldn't be anything in there game breaking but adding some more outfits for the professions that can be fully modded is somthing i would to see and some colour crystals for various levels.
Color crystals with no stats, sure. Color crystals with stats, no.

If you're that hell-bent on color crystals, pick up Artifice.

/endthread part deux.
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

Damodar_Thade
12.20.2011 , 11:44 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Alkiii View Post
Color crystals with no stats, sure. Color crystals with stats, no.

If you're that hell-bent on color crystals, pick up Artifice.

/endthread part deux.
I have artifice thanks and the point in adding in crystals with no stats when i could make better ones at artifice lvl1 would be what?

All crystals have stats you'll notice i said no game breaking items should be there, crystals with stats that can me gained else where in game for such reasons as no everyone gets the same loot drops and not everyone does every quest.

Somthing is added to the vendor that everyone can get but some people might miss it is a solution no one should find offensive and still adds something to the vendor.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

MrMunro
12.20.2011 , 11:46 AM | #23
I think the ingame extras the CE offers may not be worth it, but then, neither were the ingame extras of the DD worth the extra as opposed to the regular version. Howerver, with the CE you get some cool tangible stuff, which imho are well worth the added cost if you are a fan of Star Wars in general and TOR in particular.

I also honestly don't believe they will deliver some high quality stuff only to the CE store, simply because that could create an unbalanced situation which could only be remedied outside of the game. Giving CE owners an advantage, or slighly slower purchase cost for items would be fine by me. I would still be able to get the items.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Solynn
12.20.2011 , 06:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Xunekaath View Post
There is nothing you can get elsewhere in the CE store, that is false.
I looked at the CE store... and yeah sure the trooper armor can't be found anywhere else BUT the customizations for the companions can be found elsewhere. AND we don't get a discount on any of the items we buy. A discount to cost on our items would at least be nice. I like the statue, it's cool. And I appreciate the free security key. I am hoping that the dynamic stuff in the CE does get better. And knowing BioWare, they tend to listen.

Jstncloud
12.20.2011 , 07:07 PM | #25
Agreed, CE was a joke and a half.

Xavium
12.20.2011 , 07:10 PM | #26
I thought the soundtrack would be better. Theres over 5 hours of original music + the KotOR songs in SWTOR, and all they did was make a single CD, picking only a dozen tunes? meh
Yippee!

Kalaena
12.20.2011 , 08:29 PM | #27
The only thing I have to complain about is the broken statue I got in my box...

le sigh...

Elwer
12.20.2011 , 08:31 PM | #28
I too am upset over the CE, my CE came damaged with rips, and when i tried to take the tape off that was holding the CE shut, it ripped some of the material off the box, and i am afraid to open the statue box..o geeze, its prob broke.

Elwer
12.20.2011 , 08:45 PM | #29
ok, just opened my CE statue, nothing was broke, and it lined up perfically with the base, stuff i have been reading had me scared, i must be a lucky one

Daellia
12.20.2011 , 08:52 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Aricusin View Post
Wow an extra 90 bucks for the CE and the store is a joke i regret buying the 2 CE that i bought ya the statue is cool but an extra 90 bucks is not worth it. Also the color change crystals only having the 1 option and only a level 7 one and no other to purchase for future levels is really bad. I am sad to say that i love the game and regret the CE choice.

P.S. Please please please Bioware add more so its not a wasted 90 bucks on an in-game store with the normal run of the mill you can buy this stuff elsewhere like customs for the companions that are on Cantina vendors and on top of that the cost on the stuff is enormous.
Caveat emptor
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis