Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collector's edition Not as Epic as it was represented. Not worth the extra $90

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Collector's edition Not as Epic as it was represented. Not worth the extra $90

Juggle
12.20.2011 , 10:42 AM | #11
I thought the CE in-game vendor would have a more dynamic assortment of items available. It contains a customization kit for 2 companions(which aren't my Main's companions), a pet, and a set of moddable armor (with no modifications attached) which make your character look like a tard. The Security Key vendor has better items. This is a joke right? More stuff is being added..... right?

Eambo
12.20.2011 , 10:42 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
The CE store will be updated from time to time with new/additional items, but expect them to also be purely cosmetic. The first time they add any item that will give you any advantage at all over non-CE players there will be a backlash so big it will make your eyes bleed
Certainly better than them saying "Here's what you get, now we're done." Ongoing incentives is a nice reminder of why you got the CE Edition =-D

Kharrr
12.20.2011 , 10:45 AM | #13
Personally I did not expect the in game store to be all that epic. To have a special store filled with things that only we could potentially set a huge game rift between people who did and did not get the CE. Sure cosmetic things would not factor into game play and yes it would have been cool if our special store gave us different colors no one else could get or change skins of our companions, maybe they will add it in later, so far with my experience from beta to early entry they have done a nice job of taking in suggestion. I would not be surprised if in the next few patches they tweak some things based on customer response.

rylixav
12.20.2011 , 10:48 AM | #14
So the stuff in the ingame CE store is available elsewhere? Can any of you post a screenshot of the store inventory? What exactly is it?

Varkiriel
12.20.2011 , 11:02 AM | #15
I haven't even got my CE In game stuff?

I've entered my key: 12.20.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Collector's Edition

But in game, there's no email with items or anything. Do I need to install the game again from the discs?

TomWhiting
12.20.2011 , 11:11 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Varkiriel View Post
Do I need to install the game again from the discs?
No, but you might want to contact CS, see if they can help out.
Then again, the wait for that's going to be a bit.
Try rolling another char, see if that char has any mail, maybe that'll trigger something? Just a though.

Lord_Scythe
12.20.2011 , 11:15 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Aricusin View Post
Wow an extra 90 bucks for the CE and the store is a joke i regret buying the 2 CE that i bought ya the statue is cool but an extra 90 bucks is not worth it. Also the color change crystals only having the 1 option and only a level 7 one and no other to purchase for future levels is really bad. I am sad to say that i love the game and regret the CE choice.

P.S. Please please please Bioware add more so its not a wasted 90 bucks on an in-game store with the normal run of the mill you can buy this stuff elsewhere like customs for the companions that are on Cantina vendors and on top of that the cost on the stuff is enormous.
The only reason to buy a CE is for the physical items in the box.
To quote well me "Go be stupid on your own time!"

Xunekaath
12.20.2011 , 11:27 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aricusin View Post
Wow an extra 90 bucks for the CE and the store is a joke i regret buying the 2 CE that i bought ya the statue is cool but an extra 90 bucks is not worth it. Also the color change crystals only having the 1 option and only a level 7 one and no other to purchase for future levels is really bad. I am sad to say that i love the game and regret the CE choice.

P.S. Please please please Bioware add more so its not a wasted 90 bucks on an in-game store with the normal run of the mill you can buy this stuff elsewhere like customs for the companions that are on Cantina vendors and on top of that the cost on the stuff is enormous.

There is nothing you can get elsewhere in the CE store, that is false.

They have said they will be adding more stuff as time goes on.

And THAT alone makes this better than any other CE I have seen.

So chill.

Xunekaath - Sith Lord - 2011 and beyond!
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||{||||o||||||]
Force Choking People With My Mind Since 1977!

Alkiii
12.20.2011 , 11:33 AM | #19
These kinds of threads amuse me ...

Why?

What exactly did you think you were going to get? An "I-win" button?

Seriously guys and gals, you payed for the collector's items in the box, not the crap in game. If you were that gung-ho about the 'in-game' items, then why didn't you get the Digital Deluxe instead? Was the mouse droid THAT important to you? Was the mystery of what was going to be in the CE store worth the $90.00 chance on it being crap?

What part of "Collector's Edition" do you not understand?

/endthread
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

Damodar_Thade
12.20.2011 , 11:33 AM | #20
I am fairly content with the CE but i agree the CE store is a bit lacking i only looked in once so far and saw a nice set of trooper armour but nothign geared toward force sensitive chars such as robes or crystals.

There shouldn't be anything in there game breaking but adding some more outfits for the professions that can be fully modded is somthing i would to see and some colour crystals for various levels.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."