Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collector's edition Not as Epic as it was represented. Not worth the extra $90

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Collector's edition Not as Epic as it was represented. Not worth the extra $90

Aricusin
12.20.2011 , 02:01 AM | #1
Wow an extra 90 bucks for the CE and the store is a joke i regret buying the 2 CE that i bought ya the statue is cool but an extra 90 bucks is not worth it. Also the color change crystals only having the 1 option and only a level 7 one and no other to purchase for future levels is really bad. I am sad to say that i love the game and regret the CE choice.

P.S. Please please please Bioware add more so its not a wasted 90 bucks on an in-game store with the normal run of the mill you can buy this stuff elsewhere like customs for the companions that are on Cantina vendors and on top of that the cost on the stuff is enormous.
Through the force i am freed.

Solynn
12.20.2011 , 02:10 AM | #2
I completely agree... I thought buying the CE would be so much better and I'd be able to buy some neat stuff in the CE store that no one else would get. Finding stuff that I could elsewhere in the game is a SUPER big let down. I wish I had bought the regular edition simply because I would still have access to the VIP store once I bought the wristband for 1.5 million credits. I had high hopes of finding unique and special items at the CE store for all the extra money I spent. Please please Bioware, add some goodies to our CE store that will make us actually feel like it wasn't a waste instead of just having stuff in there you can buy in other cantina's around the normal universe.

DeaconX
12.20.2011 , 10:12 AM | #3
I pre-ordered 5 regular copies and a collectors edition. The 5 regular copies were supposed to be for friends as gifts. They played the beta and decided they don't even want to play.

Currently, I have a regular edition and a collectors edition waiting for me at the store and I'm starting to feel like I should just buy the regular - or buy both and sell my CE...

The CE seems like a pretty major let down... I have 5 more hours to decide if I should bother with it and HOPE that it will be worth it in the long run, or just get a regular edition... and save the money I would have spent on CE for Guild Wars 2
The best work never was and never will be done for money.

Eambo
12.20.2011 , 10:23 AM | #4
Personally I was disappointed, agree that the statue was awesome but the ingame incentives are very lacking I'm hoping for more to be rolled out over the coming while - hopefully it's not just a case of "We gave you stuff now leave us alone" but rather "Thank you for supporting us, here's some more goodies with this release! :-)"

TomWhiting
12.20.2011 , 10:28 AM | #5
Are you kidding? Not as represented? What, exactly did they fail to provide you with?
I'm quite proud to be a CE owner, I love the whole thing. Was it worth the extra $90? Absolutely. It's a limited edition item, which will most likely go up in value if you didn't open it (look up original WoW CE's, they're insane right now). There's nothing lacking here whatsoever.

Xim-the-Despot
12.20.2011 , 10:30 AM | #6
Wife and I got our two CEs this morning. Exactly what I expected considering they have a web page detailing everything that is in it and a video unboxing...Not sure how people are all of a sudden disappointed, we knew what was in it for months.

I do agree, the price was pretty steep, though.
Account Created Date: 10.22.08
Ordered CE on 7.21.11

Mazikeen
12.20.2011 , 10:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TomWhiting View Post
Are you kidding? Not as represented? What, exactly did they fail to provide you with?
This

Anyone disappointed in how the CE was 'represented' either did no research before spending that extra $90 or has never, ever played a MMO and both misunderstood what was written and failed to ask people for details

I posted in a similar thread yesterday. Every MMO I have played that has had a special edition has offered cosmetic items only as part of that edition. If you buy a CE, do it for the hardware items, not the in-game items
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Eambo
12.20.2011 , 10:34 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mazikeen View Post
This

Anyone disappointed in how the CE was 'represented' either did no research before spending that extra $90 or has never, ever played a MMO and both misunderstood what was written and failed to ask people for details

I posted in a similar thread yesterday. Every MMO I have played that has had a special edition has offered cosmetic items only as part of that edition. If you buy a CE, do it for the hardware items, not the in-game items
Truthfully possibly where I went wrong then. I tend to buy for both - I wouldn't buy a CE purely for hardware, I like to have game incentives too. I guess I was hoping more would come from the ingame items (as I didn't see them specifically mentioned...infact curiosity got me when I was wondering what goodies I would get in the ingame store). I'm certainly not going to cry about it, but I'm still hoping they'll release some stuff in the future in the exclusive store, rather than leave it at release with nothing new in the future :-)

navlasop
12.20.2011 , 10:38 AM | #9
Yeah - CE was a kinda letdown.
--------------------------
Just fragging Google it!

Mazikeen
12.20.2011 , 10:41 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Eambo View Post
I'm certainly not going to cry about it, but I'm still hoping they'll release some stuff in the future in the exclusive store, rather than leave it at release with nothing new in the future :-)
The CE store will be updated from time to time with new/additional items, but expect them to also be purely cosmetic. The first time they add any item that will give you any advantage at all over non-CE players there will be a backlash so big it will make your eyes bleed
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds