Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

ZeroPlus
11.29.2012 , 08:04 AM | #71
The funny thing with this "skipping bosses" behavior is that lately I've been with groups that are well geared and yet have never done a particular boss in an FP because they always skipped it.

We then end up doing the boss, have a fun encounter, and generally the comments have been "that was a great fight, why do we always skip it?".

I personally like to do all bosses, whether I need them or not, but I get the motivation behind "skipping bosses" so I don't make a point of doing them all, but I am always the first to support someone's request to do a particular boss. I guess that is all anyone can do until the game enforces full completion of a dungeon (which, incidentally, I don't support ).
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

ChicagoBearsFan
11.29.2012 , 08:13 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
The funny thing with this "skipping bosses" behavior is that lately I've been with groups that are well geared and yet have never done a particular boss in an FP because they always skipped it.

We then end up doing the boss, have a fun encounter, and generally the comments have been "that was a great fight, why do we always skip it?".

I personally like to do all bosses, whether I need them or not, but I get the motivation behind "skipping bosses" so I don't make a point of doing them all, but I am always the first to support someone's request to do a particular boss. I guess that is all anyone can do until the game enforces full completion of a dungeon (which, incidentally, I don't support ).
I have seen this too. And the sad thing is that some of the "newer" or "less experienced" players are geared but not learning some of the boss mechanics in a FP that often show up in various forms in OPS.
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

Ephesia
11.29.2012 , 08:16 AM | #73
The amount of people who want full runs is minimal inc comparison to people who expect a fast run, at least in my server. The paramount thing to do in all these disputes is to first ask, but understand that you may get a no for answer.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

ZeroPlus
11.29.2012 , 09:33 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
The amount of people who want full runs is minimal inc comparison to people who expect a fast run, at least in my server.
I always find these affirmations interesting. How do you know it is the majority that want fast runs? Do you ask at the beginning of a FP and 3 out of 4 say "fast run"? Or is it just that one guy saying "keep running, the boss resets" and then everyone follows because they are afraid to "stick out"? Food for thought...

The paramount thing to do in all these disputes is to first ask, but understand that you may get a no for answer.
Exactly!

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Ephesia
11.29.2012 , 09:40 AM | #75
I always find these affirmations interesting. How do you know it is the majority that want fast runs? Do you ask at the beginning of a FP and 3 out of 4 say "fast run"? Or is it just that one guy saying "keep running, the boss resets" and then everyone follows because they are afraid to "stick out"? Food for thought.
What I look at is how often I get requests to do full runs, since I am a tank it generally falls to me to make such binding decisions for the team.
Member of Catalyst

ZeroPlus
11.29.2012 , 10:20 AM | #76
What I look at is how often I get requests to do full runs, since I am a tank it generally falls to me to make such binding decisions for the team.
Out of curiosity: what do you normally decide?

Ephesia
11.29.2012 , 10:43 AM | #77
Out of curiosity: what do you normally decide?
There hasn't been any requrest to do full runs to me, but let's say there were, it would depend on my mood, and the amount of time I have. Generally I'd want a quick run however if I know that it's late night so not many people doing fp's or simply because of wish to help someone else I can do a full run.
Member of Catalyst

Lostpenguins
11.29.2012 , 10:46 AM | #78
I always find these affirmations interesting. How do you know it is the majority that want fast runs? Do you ask at the beginning of a FP and 3 out of 4 say "fast run"? Or is it just that one guy saying "keep running, the boss resets" and then everyone follows because they are afraid to "stick out"? Food for thought...
Well, I always want speed runs, I'm just never vocal about it. However, anytime someone isn't pressing spacebar, AT LEAST one other person mentions it... sometimes 2 of them. Which means 3/4 people want to "hurry up" the run. As for skipping... the group seems to always default to "skip as much as you can" and you can't say that the "non-skippers" are the majority just because 3 of the 4 people remain silent on boss skipping.

So it's not really food for thought because your premise is shaky at best.

ZeroPlus
11.29.2012 , 11:37 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Well, I always want speed runs, I'm just never vocal about it. However, anytime someone isn't pressing spacebar, AT LEAST one other person mentions it... sometimes 2 of them. Which means 3/4 people want to "hurry up" the run. As for skipping... the group seems to always default to "skip as much as you can" and you can't say that the "non-skippers" are the majority just because 3 of the 4 people remain silent on boss skipping.

So it's not really food for thought because your premise is shaky at best.

I didn't make any premise either way . I simply questioned the affirmation that most *want to skip* because, as you put it: the group seems to always default to "skip as much as you can". I never said "that the "non-skippers" are the majority". I just raised the question about whether they "want ot skip" or if they are just "going with the flow". Hence the "food for thought" .

Lostpenguins
11.29.2012 , 12:02 PM | #80

I didn't make any premise either way . I simply questioned the affirmation that most *want to skip* because, as you put it: the group seems to always default to "skip as much as you can". I never said "that the "non-skippers" are the majority". I just raised the question about whether they "want ot skip" or if they are just "going with the flow". Hence the "food for thought" .
Ugh... it's only food for thought if it's something interesting to think about because it has some merit. Your statement really doesn't... sorry, but you might as well say the silent ones can't read or write English.