Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

AidanLightwalker
11.26.2012 , 08:29 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by todorovh View Post
You 're mixing up tionese COMMENDATIONS and tionese CRYSTALS .. the latter you get plenty of .. commendations you get ONE for completing a HM flashpoint.
Am I? My bad. I just know that after I'm done running a hard mode, I head back to fleet, turn in the daily quest and always habe enougb to buy 1 off saber and most times, 2. I'll have to pay better attention next tkme for an accurate count.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage

DaveMoffTarkin
11.26.2012 , 08:50 PM | #52
I normally skip most bosses in all FP's. If anyone is there to get gear they need to say so at the beginning, cuz i say we are going to skip most. If you need something from a specific boss, thats ok. But if you dont even know enought the bosses to know what loot drops off what boss, then I am not wasting my time. Kick and be done with it if you pull something we arent killing.

uniz
11.27.2012 , 11:07 AM | #53
skipping has gotten to be the norm with the group finder and it is here to stay unless content is designed around it.

we can say and do all we want but this games design has caused many etiquette issues in its player base. some of these were brought in from other mmos whose mechanics were copied. others are from players from them.

the problem is people just dont care about the other three in the group and only about themselves. we do have a ignore and i do like to use it. i will also post on our guild forums' black list such players with their legacy and guild. but for me, as i am some what a old school player, i still want to enjoy my run. i dont need the gear and i dont need the bh coms i just do it for fun. racing isnt fun for me and from what i gather nor for many others. ya i have been doing the hms since FEBRUARY, have five 50s with four bh geared out and still enjoy the zones, cut scenes and runs. guess what if i dont have the time for a run i dont queue up for one.

but for now gearing up a new 50 toon is rather difficult for them. this is the issue at hand. how can this game add new subscribers when they get to a end game full of selfish players racing through a zone taking less time than you had in the queue? it wont. i know i have been that player in another mmo and it was a deal breaker. it was also for those few people i was playing with too.

VigDiath
11.27.2012 , 12:46 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
skipping has gotten to be the norm with the group finder and it is here to stay unless content is designed around it.

we can say and do all we want but this games design has caused many etiquette issues in its player base. some of these were brought in from other mmos whose mechanics were copied. others are from players from them.

the problem is people just dont care about the other three in the group and only about themselves. we do have a ignore and i do like to use it. i will also post on our guild forums' black list such players with their legacy and guild. but for me, as i am some what a old school player, i still want to enjoy my run. i dont need the gear and i dont need the bh coms i just do it for fun. racing isnt fun for me and from what i gather nor for many others. ya i have been doing the hms since FEBRUARY, have five 50s with four bh geared out and still enjoy the zones, cut scenes and runs. guess what if i dont have the time for a run i dont queue up for one.

but for now gearing up a new 50 toon is rather difficult for them. this is the issue at hand. how can this game add new subscribers when they get to a end game full of selfish players racing through a zone taking less time than you had in the queue? it wont. i know i have been that player in another mmo and it was a deal breaker. it was also for those few people i was playing with too.

This!!
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

SWGEvictee
11.28.2012 , 09:43 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by phagerx View Post
I skip as much as possible, doing hm fp's is booring enough. want my comms then enough with it already.

If you guys want to kill all the bosses/trash w/e find a group using the chat that wants to do the same.
Or you can use chat to find a group to find people who want to play as little of the game as possible just like you.

translucentwolf
11.28.2012 , 10:01 AM | #56
I agree with the OP. Most of the bosses after the first drop Tio at least. And the Bonus bosses in HMs often drop bracers or belt (tio in the easy ones, columi in the longer ones like ilum/false emp).

A lot of people are just going for their daily random 5 blackhole comms. I can understand their desire to skip everything, since they're all full columi or better, and just want the comms.

But, with 1.5, we have a *lot* of returning players. Some of them are in oldschool pvp and tionese gear. We should help these people gear up, and experience / enjoy the content. We need to grow the community more.

More players means more profit for EA/Bioware which may lead to more content.
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

xstortion
11.28.2012 , 12:06 PM | #57
Ok I am going start by saying I start a FP by saying are we skipping what we can? If the answer is no I have no problems killing the bosses. I am not in the need of gear drops, daily comms, colum, tionese and even th BH comms I have very little need for but at least that is capped at 1k so I have a 500 or so before I hit that cap.

I just leveled a healer and as a fresh 50 I still wanted to skip as much as a could but that's just me. I will do the whole thing though if someone speaks up.

A quick solution and I am not sure if it is even possible have the actual bosses drop individual BH comms during GF FP's only maybe?

Amoral
11.28.2012 , 12:14 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
I donīt have to remind you how long a DPS usually waits until the flashpoint actually starts using groupfinder, and to be dissapointed after that long time over and over again is what I call gamebreaking.
You're being doubly selfish. You want people to take more time on runs, and enjoy it less, so that yuu can enjoy it more. And you play a DPS. DPS don't get a vote on anything. Supply exceeds demand, and so DPS have no value, and therefore what you want carries no weight. If you want to choose how a FP is run, play a tank or healer. Those two roles have a say.

Lostpenguins
11.28.2012 , 12:37 PM | #59
If someone asks to not skip a boss I have no problem with it. But in the long run, that gear you get from those mobs before the final boss is pretty trivial unless you're gearing out your companions. BH Comms + final boss loot should be good enough... plus do your dailies, get credits and buy stuff from the AH that's ilvl63 crafted gear.

sripakdee
11.28.2012 , 12:54 PM | #60
Personally I must say i prefer to skip all that can be skipped, due to the fact that all fp are downright boring, i have done them way too many times. That being said, if anyone needs something then i'll oblige, if they say that beforehand. I'll help people up to a point. I'll happily help peeps, tell em tactics or whatnot, again if they tell BEFOREHAND. if they dont, my patience will evaporate fast. Ive carried far too many groups through fp's with morons who refuse to admit that they've never done the fp before or are just plain unsuited to do it.

Id say when it comes to HM FP, quite a few want a speedrun, and some dont. but if say 3 want speed, and 1 want slow. why should the minority be obliged? If you want gear, sm ops is the way to go, finding a group during prime time isnt hard, if you want the story, sm fp is the way to go. If you want the full run of a hm fp, ask and see what response you get. some might be completly retarded, some wont.

And i see peeps here are arguing that hm fp is a good way to learn tactics and experience and all that. In one way i agree, in another i do not.

To know ones class and to know tactics are different, just cos you know your class doesnt necessarily mean you know tactics and knowing tactics dont necessarily mean you know the class. Doing a full run helps for tactics, and to some extent your class.

But to learn your class, operations are much better way to learn that. some might agree with this, some wont.
Guildmaster of Exit Area @ The Red Eclipse