Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Ephesia
12.26.2012 , 08:56 AM | #261
Thanks Ergercs, if I am saying something it is for a reason.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Icestar
12.26.2012 , 11:54 AM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergecrs View Post
Just incase you forgot my friend. You have clearly stated that you think Bioware should make it where you can not skip any of the bosses. I changed the color red underlined it Italicized and bolded it to refresh your memory of your opening statement.
I can quote myself too and tell you what I mean
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Alternatively Bioware could make the flashpoint not complete unless all bosses are dead (the way it should be)

First of all this post was written before Bioware began with the PVE welfare program handing out free loot that some even consider viable for operations. Bosskills in HMs are not that important anymore but I still fight for the right for the player to have the possibility to kill any boss without some "hardcore fastrunner commfarmer" telling them not to.

Second, I wrote that they COULD make this as a ALTERNATIVE meaning that it is not my main point of my statement.

Lets get back on topic or let this thread drop to the floor. I know Bioware has read it and hopefully lots of good feedback from different players.

Ergecrs
12.26.2012 , 12:01 PM | #263
I can quite myself too and tell you what I mean

First of all this post was written before Bioware began with the PVE welfare program handing out free loot that some even consider viable for operations. Bosskills in HMs are not that important anymore but I still fight for the right for the player to have the possibility to kill any boss without some "hardcore fastrunner commfarmer" telling them not to.

Second, I wrote that they COULD make this as a ALTERNATIVE meaning that it is not my main point of my statement.

Lets get back on topic regarding my original statement, or let this thread drop to the floor. I know Bioware has read it and hopefully lots of good feedback from different players.
I will continue to fight for the right to skip items that dont need to be done. In order to maximize the play time I have. And it has been stated by the DEVS Tionesse is what SM EV is designed to be ran in.

Icestar
12.26.2012 , 12:10 PM | #264
I will continue to fight for the right to skip items that dont need to be done. In order to maximize the play time I have. And it has been stated by the DEVS Tionesse is what SM EV is designed to be ran in.
Then lets hope that Bioware stops creating flawed instances where problems like this occur.

Players want to enjoy the content they are experiencing, not start fights over it.

Ergecrs
12.26.2012 , 12:16 PM | #265
Then lets hope that Bioware stops creating flawed instances where problems like this occur.

Players want to enjoy the content they are experiencing, not start fights over it.
The problem is, I dont see the instance as flawed you do. I find it refreshing that we can get the rewards with out a massive long drawn out instance. In your version if they were to fix it. They would have to fix it so you could not skip the trash mobs aswell. That would be the only fair "fix" . IMO

Icestar
12.26.2012 , 12:35 PM | #266
The problem is, I dont see the instance as flawed you do. I find it refreshing that we can get the rewards with out a massive long drawn out instance. In your version if they were to fix it. They would have to fix it so you could not skip the trash mobs aswell. That would be the only fair "fix" . IMO
My version of a fix has nothing to do with trash mobs, I leave that up to the gamedesigners to make out what is fair and what is not.

In all other MMOs I have played (since Anarchy Online 2001) we used to have a good time while doing instances, we laughed and chatted about all kinds of things.

In ToR, it is all about starting at A and ending at B avoiding everything possible and every boss imaginable.

If Bioware could find some kind of balance in the future where the main focus is about having fun and not grind comms the fastest way possible I am sure they would create a better game. To create that they would have to make each flashpoint into a story where every part leads up to a miniboss and finally a big boss to kill. That creates teamwork and lots of fun, not trying to evade every mob and boss imaginable like it is now.

Kaon under siege is a very, very good step in the right direction

Zamppa
12.26.2012 , 12:39 PM | #267
Lets just hope BW will bring the magical "I WIN"-button into the game soon so you busy players can push it to get to the endboss right from the beginning and maybe even beat it by pushing that button so you don't need to "waste your precious time" with the game and can get the daily comms as easily as possible.

Maybe BW will even create own Group Finder section for you busy people so you can go there and let us others to enjoy and play the game as it was planned to be played.
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

Ergecrs
12.26.2012 , 01:03 PM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
Lets just hope BW will bring the magical "I WIN"-button into the game soon so you busy players can push it to get to the endboss right from the beginning and maybe even beat it by pushing that button so you don't need to "waste your precious time" with the game and can get the daily comms as easily as possible.

Maybe BW will even create own Group Finder section for you busy people so you can go there and let us others to enjoy and play the game as it was planned to be played.
Sorry if in anyway my having a job which causes me to have a smaller amout of play time offended you. In the mean time what time I do have I would rather spend working on ops fights and learning mechanics better. You right they should make a group finder que for those of us that are overgeared for the fights so we can group with people like ourselves that just want to finish quick and all the undergeared players can play together. That sounds like a great plan.

Ergecrs
12.26.2012 , 01:11 PM | #269
My version of a fix has nothing to do with trash mobs, I leave that up to the gamedesigners to make out what is fair and what is not.

They did and you created this thread about it. Probably because someone in a group your in didnt have the time to kill bosses so you came to the fourms to state it all needed changed.

In all other MMOs I have played (since Anarchy Online 2001) we used to have a good time while doing instances, we laughed and chatted about all kinds of things.

I have a great time doing Ops with my guild. Do I find running with random pugs fun, most of the time no because well its random pugs.

In ToR, it is all about starting at A and ending at B avoiding everything possible and every boss imaginable.

If Bioware could find some kind of balance in the future where the main focus is about having fun and not grind comms the fastest way possible I am sure they would create a better game. To create that they would have to make each flashpoint into a story where every part leads up to a miniboss and finally a big boss to kill. That creates teamwork and lots of fun, not trying to evade every mob and boss imaginable like it is now.

They did this with the very first FP and pretty much every one hates it after they have ran it once because there are way to many cut scenes in it and there are other things in the game people would be rather doing.

Kaon under siege is a very, very good step in the right direction
People absolutly hate this Flashpoint or did you not see the post a few below this one stating how they leave it.

Ephesia
12.26.2012 , 01:43 PM | #270
I can quote myself too and tell you what I mean

Lets get back on topic or let this thread drop to the floor. I know Bioware has read it and hopefully lots of good feedback from different players.
So what? even if it is an alternative, does that make it immune to criticsm?
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst