Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.25.2012 , 11:03 AM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Those kind of dramas usually begins with the tank saying something like "quick run only or I am outtahere", then I ask politely if we can kill a extra boss. Guess what happens, yeah right....the tank leaves and so do the rest of the group since it takes ages to get a new tank.

There you have one of my fundamental statements regarding gamebreaking behaviour
Not everyone may have the time to spend in killing that extra boss, and in my opinion he's at least nice enough to leave instead of forcing his own gameplay choices, like some of you guys are doing in this thread, on other people. A very good solution to such issues would be to roll tank classes. Especially Vanguard / Powertech is an easy to learn tank class that is very well.

We just can't expect to force people to play the way we want them to, this isn't some totalitarian fascism.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

SenseX's Avatar


SenseX
12.25.2012 , 11:28 AM | #232
Simple solution to all of this really... don't be a social retard, make friends, look for a decent guild, pre-make a group and agree on kills / tactics before the run = win.

Ergecrs's Avatar


Ergecrs
12.25.2012 , 11:36 AM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Those kind of dramas usually begins with the tank saying something like "quick run only or I am outtahere", then I ask politely if we can kill a extra boss. Guess what happens, yeah right....the tank leaves and so do the rest of the group since it takes ages to get a new tank.

There you have one of my fundamental statements regarding gamebreaking behaviour
Well he clearly stated that he wanted a quick run. He has every right to play the game the way he wants to. It is his 15 dollars a month. You have every right to wait in Que for the next tank to pop and hope he doesnt mind doing everything. I can tell you that people like him will not run the FP if they make you have to kill every boss. I probably would not run it either and people would be out not only a tank but healer aswell.

I only do them cause they are an easy 5 BH coms. If my 30 minuete FP's turned to 45 or longer I wont do them. Not unless the reward was incresed. They would not be worth the time/reward for me. My time is to valuable.

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
12.25.2012 , 11:37 AM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by SenseX View Post
Simple solution to all of this really... don't be a social retard, make friends, look for a decent guild, pre-make a group and agree on kills / tactics before the run = win.
Not a solution, it does not solve my statement at all.

Ergecrs's Avatar


Ergecrs
12.25.2012 , 11:38 AM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by Prettyevilish View Post
How about if you are so vehemently set on skipping, you join a guild of like minded people (a suggestion such people seem to think will solve the problem in reverse) AND if you want to not skip the content, you ALSO join a guild and only run it with like minded people.

Then none of us will ever have to cross paths and deal with those 'selfish' people who expect to do content one way or another.

(By the way, the 'unwashed masses' thing made me lol so hard, because I consider anyone who's super geared up and runs HM FPs so often that they hate the game for them to be the true unwashed masses. I'm sure those who play casually have far more time to bathe than you, super 1337 gamer boy.)
Most people arent so "vehemently set on skipping" most of us just do not want it changed so we have to do every single boss. I have stated a couple times if someone asks when I am pugging to do the bosses I usually have no objection. I just do not want to Have to Do them every time when I run with my guild. And yes they are all like minded.

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
12.25.2012 , 11:42 AM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergecrs View Post
Well he clearly stated that he wanted a quick run. He has every right to play the game the way he wants to.
Yes he can play the way he wants to play, it is not his fault the game is designed to avoid bosses.

If it was designed like any other MMO where bosses are a natural part of a instance I am sure he would have thought differently and accepted to kill all bosses on the way.

What I am talking about here is is the gamebreaking mentality to avoid bosses eventhough some has need to kill them or wants to practice killing them for future harder content but cant because there is a common mentality that prevents that.

If they changed the future FPs to the normal standard of MMOs where bosses play a vital role in the experience of the flashpoint things would be different. For now the bosses are only puppeteers waiting to be ignored.

Ergecrs's Avatar


Ergecrs
12.25.2012 , 11:48 AM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Yes he can play the way he wants to play, it is not his fault the game is designed to avoid bosses.

If it was designed like any other MMO where bosses are a natural part of a instance I am sure he would have thought otherwise and accepted to kill all bosses on the way.

What I am talking about here is is the gamebreaking mentality to avoid bosses eventhough some has need to kill them or wants to practice killing them for future harder content but cant because there is a common mentality that prevents that.

If they changed the future FPs to the normal standard of MMOs where bosses play a vital role in the experience of the flashpoint things would have been different. For now they are only puppeteers waiting to be ignored.
These arent ops they are small heroics. You do relise that people can run SM Ops in the new recruit gear and the free set of Tionesse you get when you ding 50 ? As a matter of fact my guild ran HM EC with a tionesse geared operative healer up to Kephess. Granted im over geared for the fight but still.

You dont need HM FP's to gear up any more. Just jump into SM EV and learn how to do the fights and progress that way.

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
12.25.2012 , 11:51 AM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergecrs View Post
You dont need HM FP's to gear up any more. Just jump into SM EV and learn how to do the fights and progress that way.
So, lets all jump into Tionese and hit the operations and Lost Island Hardmode.

I am sure that would be popular. A entire section of fantastic fun flashpoints down the drain.

No, there is much better solutions then that

Ergecrs's Avatar


Ergecrs
12.25.2012 , 12:57 PM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
So, lets all jump into Tionese and hit the operations and Lost Island Hardmode.

I am sure that would be popular. A entire section of fantastic fun flashpoints down the drain.

No, there is much better solutions then that
SM EV is geared for people in Tioense. Thats why it drops Coluni gear. Thats what people were doing when the ops went live that and with the lvl 50 daily mods. First time I ran thru it on my healer I hadnt done a Single HM FP and that is when the game first went live. With a pick up group at that.

Ergecrs's Avatar


Ergecrs
12.25.2012 , 01:09 PM | #240
Not to mention alot more gear drops in the ops then the FP's !!!!