Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Zaxem
12.25.2012 , 05:20 AM | #221
i honestly don't care about the loot i just hate skipping skipping stuff because to me it defeats the purpose of even doing the HM to me if you doing a Flashpoint you should kill all the bosses no matter what
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

ZeroPlus
12.25.2012 , 05:22 AM | #222
Now that we have the Cartel Market, there is a very simple solution to this problem.

Bioware could add an item to the store. Let's call it the ECSTD (Elite Content Skipping Teleportation Device). It would have the following text:
Allows the use of the "ECSTD Owner Option" in the Group Finder.
This is 1/4 of the ECSTD. Use the device when in a Flashpoint. 3 other ECSTD owners will need to assist in the construction of the full ECSTD. Once constructed, the ECSTD will teleport all the owners to the last spawn point in the Flashpoint.
Warning: Using the "ECSTD Owner Option" in the Group Finder will queue you up only with other ECSTD owners. This may affect your use of the Group Finder negatively.

It would be purchasable for real money as an account unlock and using ingame commendations for a character unlock. It would cost an exhorbitant amount. For an Account unlock we are looking at about 75$. For a character unlock we are looking at about 600 Daily Commendations/400 Columi Commendations/200 Black Hole Commendations (the "/" indicates an "or"). This cost shouldn't be a problem for all the elites (note the italics, they denote that the name "elites" is being used as a generic term for those who wish to skip content) in this thread who just want to complete the FP so they can get their daily done. They will definitely either have: a) commendations coming out of the yazoo so unlocking this on a character will be a non-issue; b) the money to unlock this account wide because after all time is money and they need their dailies done in 5 minutes or less.

There we go. Everyone will be happy. The elites get to skip to the end of the Flashpoint by queuing up with other ECSTD owners. The rest of us get to do the whole Flashpoints the way they were *designed and meant* to be played and if anyone asks to skip we can tell them to go acquire an ECSTD and group with like minded players.

(I wonder how something like this would play out. How long would ECSTD players have to wait for a group in Group Finder? Longer or less? It would be a real measure of just how many *want* to skip and how many are just *forced* to do so.)
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Zaxem
12.25.2012 , 05:26 AM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
Now that we have the Cartel Market, there is a very simple solution to this problem.

Bioware could add an item to the store. Let's call it the ECSTD (Elite Content Skipping Teleportation Device). It would have the following text:
This is 1/4 of the ECSTD. Use the device when in a Flashpoint. 3 other ECSTD owners will need to assist in the construction of the full ECSTD. Once constructed, the ECSTD will teleport all the owners to the last spawn point in the Flashpoint.
Warning: Using the "ECSTD Owner Option" in the Group Finder will queue you up only with other ECSTD owners. This may affect your use of the Group Finder negatively.

It would be purchasable for real money as an account unlock and using ingame commendations for a character unlock. It would cost an exhorbitant amount. For an Account unlock we are looking at about 75$. For a character unlock we are looking at about 600 Daily Commendations/400 Columi Commendations/200 Black Hole Commendations (the "/" indicates an "or"). This cost shouldn't be a problem for all the elites (note the italics, they denote that the name "elites" is being used as a generic term for those who wish to skip content) in this thread who just want to complete the FP so they can get their daily done. They will definitely either have: a) commendations coming out of the yazoo so unlocking this on a character will be a non-issue; b) the money to unlock this account wide because after all time is money and they need their dailies done in 5 minutes or less.

There we go. Everyone will be happy. The elites get to skip to the end of the Flashpoint by queuing up with other ECSTD owners. The rest of us get to do the whole Flashpoints the way they were *designed and meant* to be played and if anyone asks to skip we can tell them to go acquire an ECSTD and group with like minded players.

(I wonder how something like this would play out. How long would ECSTD players have to wait for a group in Group Finder? Longer or less? It would be a real measure of just how many *want* to skip and how many are just *forced* to do so.)
i'd be totally against this because i play multiple characters and after a while most people would have 1 on at least 1 of their characters and i wouldn't want to pay to have it on all of mine just to get decent que times
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.-Through passion, I gain strength.Through strength, I gain power.Through power, I gain victory.Through victory, my chains are broken.The Force shall free me 55 Juggernaut55 Assassin 50 Sniper 55 Mercenary50 Guardian55 Marauder

ZeroPlus
12.25.2012 , 06:00 AM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaxem View Post
i'd be totally against this because i play multiple characters and after a while most people would have 1 on at least 1 of their characters and i wouldn't want to pay to have it on all of mine just to get decent que times
Ahhh... but would you have to pay? would most people really have 1 on at least 1 of their characters? would you really have to have one to have decent queue times?

I'm not so sure.

I for one would not care one way or the other if something like this made it into the game. I would never buy one. I *like* doing everything in the Flashpoints and I've done them all multiple times across six different characters in both normal and hard modes. I also *personally* believe that there are more like me than there are those that want to skip (just as there are those that *personally* believe the opposite ). Something like this would finally, once and for all, settle this debate of skippers vs non-skippers. (Just as the mega-servers settled the debate of whether people prefer PvP servers or PvE servers (take a look at the server selection screen sometime: the PvP servers are *always* the ones with the lowest population).)
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

Zaxem
12.25.2012 , 06:11 AM | #225
Ahhh... but would you have to pay? would most people really have 1 on at least 1 of their characters? would you really have to have one to have decent queue times?

I'm not so sure.

I for one would not care one way or the other if something like this made it into the game. I would never buy one. I *like* doing everything in the Flashpoints and I've done them all multiple times across six different characters in both normal and hard modes. I also *personally* believe that there are more like me than there are those that want to skip (just as there are those that *personally* believe the opposite ). Something like this would finally, once and for all, settle this debate of skippers vs non-skippers. (Just as the mega-servers settled the debate of whether people prefer PvP servers or PvE servers (take a look at the server selection screen sometime: the PvP servers are *always* the ones with the lowest population).)
and sadly i'm on a pvp server since my orginal guild b4 launch was on 1 and don't want to reroll since i played the toons since launch kinda wish i was on a PVE tho atm the most pvp i ever do is like 2hrs of warzones if that
but you may be right on that just from a pvp server pov everyone skips no one even ask to do the bosses you can skip they just go ahead and skip them like it's breathing to them lol

Icestar
12.25.2012 , 07:21 AM | #226
Quote: Originally Posted by ElQuesoGrande View Post
My statement is this..... If Bioware ever made it a requirement to kill every boss in a HM FP..... this is one tank that would never queue again. So just be careful what you wish for dps. You just might get it. DPS already have to wait long times for a queue to pop, and I for one, as a tank, have no desire whatsoever spending an hour or more in a FP when it can be done in 15-25 min
I do not think threatening like this will work. If a game system is flawed, like the HMs are now they gain more by correcting them and build more entertaining ones for the future.

The main part of this thread is not about 30+ minutes extra trashkilling, it is about those single bosses that drop useful loot that gets ignored and starts drama when someone needs to kill them. All in all it is nothing more then a few extra minutes, not an hour that you write.

The outmost goal for a company is to make money, and to make money players has to have fun while playing.

These current HMs that more or less equals empty rooms with a boss in the end will not keep this game up in the future.

Bioware has to know that, if not they will by listening to the players.

Ergecrs
12.25.2012 , 08:25 AM | #227
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
I do not think threatening like this will work. If a game system is flawed, like the HMs are now they gain more by correcting them and build more entertaining ones for the future.

The main part of this thread is not about 30+ minutes extra trashkilling, it is about those single bosses that drop useful loot that gets ignored and starts drama when someone needs to kill them. All in all it is nothing more then a few extra minutes, not an hour that you write.

The outmost goal for a company is to make money, and to make money players has to have fun while playing.

These current HMs that more or less equals empty rooms with a boss in the end will not keep this game up in the future.

Bioware has to know that, if not they will by listening to the players.
I have never once seen drama caused when someone ASKs nicely to kill a boss. I for one as a healer will usually help them unless the rest of the group says they do not have time. The point is, If I want the option to skip the bosses as well I do not want the selfish whinners to win that want to make it impossible for me to do so. 90% of the time I que for a HM FP is with guildies that are fully geared out in 63's we do it so we can get BH coms to buy items to RE and sell. Its simple economics if something takes to long to get then it is not worth the effore vs effective time cost .

Ephesia
12.25.2012 , 08:58 AM | #228

Or how about I will get to skip if I want to whether I buy the **** or not? Not that it's worthy of being taken seriously anyway.

I will say this again, I have done perhaps hundreds of HM FP runs, never have I witnessed someone requesting to kill all the bosses. Never. However if someone did, most of the time I'd have np at all with it and help him out
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Prettyevilish
12.25.2012 , 09:51 AM | #229
How about if you are so vehemently set on skipping, you join a guild of like minded people (a suggestion such people seem to think will solve the problem in reverse) AND if you want to not skip the content, you ALSO join a guild and only run it with like minded people.

Then none of us will ever have to cross paths and deal with those 'selfish' people who expect to do content one way or another.

(By the way, the 'unwashed masses' thing made me lol so hard, because I consider anyone who's super geared up and runs HM FPs so often that they hate the game for them to be the true unwashed masses. I'm sure those who play casually have far more time to bathe than you, super 1337 gamer boy.)

Icestar
12.25.2012 , 10:55 AM | #230
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergecrs View Post
I have never once seen drama caused when someone ASKs nicely to kill a boss..
Those kind of dramas usually begins with the tank saying something like "quick run only or I am outtahere", then I ask politely if we can kill a extra boss. Guess what happens, yeah right....the tank leaves and so do the rest of the group since it takes ages to get a new tank.

There you have one of my fundamental statements regarding gamebreaking behaviour