Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

DMSL's Avatar


DMSL
12.24.2012 , 03:36 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergecrs View Post
Like the Selfish people that think everyone should play with the same playstyle they have. Every one should finish each and every boss and mob. Sorry I have limited time when I play same with my guildies when we run HM FP for dailies we should be able to skip stuff we want to. And its Highly SELFISH of you to try and impose your anti skip mentality on us.
No it is selfish to not let people have a chance to get a gear upgrade because you can't be arsed to kill a boss. If you are so ubergeared it won't take long. It's not about playstyle here it's about CONSIDERATION.

When you geared up your character and everyone skipped the damn bosses you woulden't like it either.

Eurynamous's Avatar


Eurynamous
12.24.2012 , 04:15 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by pan_sObak View Post
may be they should run operations?
I don't know about you, but we complete all of the operation weeklies in about an hour, the day after reset. Then day 2 of the week we complete our hardmode operations. Then we have the rest of the week to do what? Get our daily BH comms.

Here is how you would get me to do a full clear. Update the bonus series to offer more credits once the fp is complete. Each bonus series complete, more creds. If there are 150 trash mobs in the fp, more creds for every group of 50 killed. 4 bonus objectives (click on this to turn something on/off or blow up) should have an increases credit count. Each boss should have an increase to the credit count. Each bonus boss... More credits.

Now killing everything does net you more credits already, as you can loot them for a small portion and have junk to sell. But if you offered that kind of incentive, you would have the op level players doing full runs to lock down the extra 3-5k credits at the end. They can use those credits for repairs, stims, adrenals, respecializing, purchase mats for that one upgrade they need but don't have the schematics for. Flashpoint incentive should be the place were operation level players go to get their utility items replenished as well as their credit pool.

That's what would make me do a full run.
The Red Zone
Amadus Starcrusher
I will take your light, force you into darkness and give you true freedom and power

moonshoter's Avatar


moonshoter
12.24.2012 , 04:34 PM | #213
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
No it is selfish to not let people have a chance to get a gear upgrade because you can't be arsed to kill a boss. If you are so ubergeared it won't take long. It's not about playstyle here it's about CONSIDERATION.

When you geared up your character and everyone skipped the damn bosses you woulden't like it either.
you miss the whole point of what he's saying If you run it thu a GF then we are suppose to do it because we joined thy GF , that's whey there are guilds I thought , thing called friends and planning for it ,, no your being selfish and can't expect pugs who run thu GF to do it,when there are much better ways of doing it and using the GF tool in better ways by getting a few friends or guild runs or plan it , would we waste our time on something that would normally take 20 mins that can turn into a hour and if you don't have the time ,, then were is he or anyone being selfish, as you call it because he doesn't have time , in most cases he or she only runs that one HM FP a day and wants to get more in game stuff done .... SO IMO its not selfish not doing it but it is selfish making that player run something he maybe cant or would but doesn't have the time to ,, that's why you make friends , join a guild or watch chat for those who are willing to do it , or even make your own group, And Q up and don't expect players thy a GF pug to run it how you want to, that's our whole point , there is other ways around it , then nerfing the LFG thy GF, so a few players can run the whole thing in a GF PUG , make those 50s run it that can't ,even if they wanted to , if thats being selfish then I'm a very selfish player, when it comes to GF and LFG PuGs ....

moonshoter's Avatar


moonshoter
12.24.2012 , 05:21 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Eurynamous View Post
I don't know about you, but we complete all of the operation weeklies in about an hour, the day after reset. Then day 2 of the week we complete our hardmode operations. Then we have the rest of the week to do what? Get our daily BH comms.

Here is how you would get me to do a full clear. Update the bonus series to offer more credits once the fp is complete. Each bonus series complete, more creds. If there are 150 trash mobs in the fp, more creds for every group of 50 killed. 4 bonus objectives (click on this to turn something on/off or blow up) should have an increases credit count. Each boss should have an increase to the credit count. Each bonus boss... More credits.

Now killing everything does net you more credits already, as you can loot them for a small portion and have junk to sell. But if you offered that kind of incentive, you would have the op level players doing full runs to lock down the extra 3-5k credits at the end. They can use those credits for repairs, stims, adrenals, respecializing, purchase mats for that one upgrade they need but don't have the schematics for. Flashpoint incentive should be the place were operation level players go to get their utility items replenished as well as their credit pool.

That's what would make me do a full run.
We do the exact same thing in my guild with pugs , our only set back is HM and NIM ,I'm not talking about EV KP or even EC HM , I 'm talking about NIM EC and HM TFB ,,, we are a small guild growing , with a lack of tanks on at the right time for HM TFB or NIM EC ... .. so the rest I know a few of you can relate to as far as OPs go , we run back to back weeklies in SM run all of them in ops in one day most of the time and save a few ats for later in week in the Second boss and I even run my tank all the way up to the last boss in in SMEV and KP then drop group on him, ( I have two accounts ) while I'm healing to help those out who can't be on when we run on our mains for the weeklies ...I hope BW doesn't nerf that's. that's a nice way of getting thing done in guild for those who can't make the the reg raid times or can't run full runs and may be only have time for that one boss quick comms run


and BTW I know others in game so I have made up to HMTFB last boss and Kephess NIM EC so I know the fights that far and to me its not a big deal if I kill them in HM or NIM I will one day but till then I'm gonna have fun doing what can etc c ,,,

Point is don't NERF how LFG work to me its working as intended and others just need to learn how to use it to suit them and not ask DEV to waste time on some thing that working fine, other then to make improvements to it ... IMO )) Or even offer more BHs for doing a full run,make it worth while in some way but don't nerf it so it makes others run it that don't want to , offer more,improve it,don't force others to do something they wont do anyway .. if they force us to run full runs LFG will prolly be less used other then SMEV/KP ,to me right now its working just fine for HMFP runs ..
Marry XMass all

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.24.2012 , 06:22 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
No it is selfish to not let people have a chance to get a gear upgrade because you can't be arsed to kill a boss. If you are so ubergeared it won't take long. It's not about playstyle here it's about CONSIDERATION.

When you geared up your character and everyone skipped the damn bosses you woulden't like it either.
Both acts, when imposed by the minority towards the majority in a flashpoint group is selfish. One does not make it more righteous or just over the other. As always the key here is to be polite to other group members, engage in dialogue about your expectations, and in most cases you will see people responding positively.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Twolightsabers's Avatar


Twolightsabers
12.24.2012 , 11:45 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
No it is selfish to not let people have a chance to get a gear upgrade because you can't be arsed to kill a boss. If you are so ubergeared it won't take long. It's not about playstyle here it's about CONSIDERATION.

When you geared up your character and everyone skipped the damn bosses you woulden't like it either.
Lol it's absolutely unreal how people who think those that skip bosses are selfish but won't for a second believe they are being selfish for expecting people to kill everything. Can easily turn your example around and say you can't be "arsed to" skip a boss. I don't expect to convert any non-skippers into skippers here, but get real about the whole world's selfish but me QQ. Your point is that people are selfish because they won't do what you want. Period. Picture it for one second from the other person's/people's point of view. My guess is you won't because, what a shock, you're selfish in your own way too.

Omophorus's Avatar


Omophorus
12.25.2012 , 12:38 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
No it is selfish to not let people have a chance to get a gear upgrade because you can't be arsed to kill a boss. If you are so ubergeared it won't take long. It's not about playstyle here it's about CONSIDERATION.

When you geared up your character and everyone skipped the damn bosses you woulden't like it either.
I'll use little words to make sure it doesn't go over your head.

Most.

Bosses.

Don't.

Drop.

Upgrades.

I have no problem killing the normally-skipped bosses that DO actually give upgrades (e.g. Mon Cal boss in BT for Columi earpiece) to fresh 50s, but that's about it.

Daily Comms are not precious. Credits are not precious. Time is precious.

Anything to reduce the amount of time per-character in a GF run, the better.

DMSL's Avatar


DMSL
12.25.2012 , 04:02 AM | #218
Ok last time i reply here because apparently the selfish people that already have the gear are the majority here.

Flashpoints are done to get gear upgrades, period.

So you get free tionese now, ridiculous but ok that's what it has come down to. Flashpoints still offer upgrades, i.e. columi gear tokens from the endboss, but also drops from other bosses, exotech for example has the same basic stats but not the bonus.

How hard is it to have some consideration and common courtesy for your fellow players that need the loot? Now if you go into a group with the LFG tool no matter if there are 1 or 2 people that needs the upgrades, if the tank is selfish he won't do the bosses no matter how politely you ask. This is just sad. When there are people that need the gear you do the bosses. When you geared your character for ops you needed the drops too, if the majority skipped the bosses back then you would not have the gear you have right now. Don't give me that argument about time again, it does not take ages to kill a boss in an FP.

Ephesia's Avatar


Ephesia
12.25.2012 , 04:11 AM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
Ok last time i reply here because apparently the selfish people that already have the gear are the majority here.

Flashpoints are done to get gear upgrades, period.

So you get free tionese now, ridiculous but ok that's what it has come down to. Flashpoints still offer upgrades, i.e. columi gear tokens from the endboss, but also drops from other bosses, exotech for example has the same basic stats but not the bonus.

How hard is it to have some consideration and common courtesy for your fellow players that need the loot? Now if you go into a group with the LFG tool no matter if there are 1 or 2 people that needs the upgrades, if the tank is selfish he won't do the bosses no matter how politely you ask. This is just sad. When there are people that need the gear you do the bosses. When you geared your character for ops you needed the drops too, if the majority skipped the bosses back then you would not have the gear you have right now. Don't give me that argument about time again, it does not take ages to kill a boss in an FP.
You are arguing in circles here, I have presented you very clearly about what is fair and what isn't. You should try dialogue and see if you can convince your mates to kill the bosses you want drops from, most if approached nicely won't mind it unless there are a lot of trash packs which there aren't. As for that tank you mention I think you can ignore him and move on, get a new team. This is mentioned dozens of times in this thread, please stop arguing the same matters over and over again when solutions to your problems are already written a lot of times in this thread by different people. Repeating the same "problem" doesn't make it more valid than it is.
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

ElQuesoGrande's Avatar


ElQuesoGrande
12.25.2012 , 05:13 AM | #220
My statement is this..... If Bioware ever made it a requirement to kill every boss in a HM FP..... this is one tank that would never queue again. So just be careful what you wish for dps. You just might get it. DPS already have to wait long times for a queue to pop, and I for one, as a tank, have no desire whatsoever spending an hour or more in a FP when it can be done in 15-25 min