Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Gamebreaking behaviour within hardmode flashpoints

Ergecrs's Avatar


Ergecrs
12.24.2012 , 08:54 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Sakushi View Post
I agree Its pretty dam sad that Mob skipping seems to be the latest trend going on.
Why do people ask for more flashpoints/Content when all they do is skip mobs, All the mobs that are skippable they skip.

and all the excuses that i see is "I don't want to do it, because ive done it 100's of times".

1.So you find more enjoyment running past mobs?
Where do you get your enjoyment?
Whats the payoff? the Rare item from the bosses...?
So you get your rare item from bosses only to do more FP's to skip more mobs and bosses..

2. Ive seen people Rage-quit after a member of the group pulls an enemy 3 times.
Now when I see an over-geared player that are in my group from GFinder, doesnt matter if they're healer DPS or a tank, Those are the type of players that I look out for because they're the first ones to say "Spacebar, Spacebar!" and/or "we Skip!"3. I even had to give away a purple item that was dropped from a boss once because the fully geared player moaned and whined about it, mind you that throughout the run he already did get 2 purple drops before hand, Maybe im too kind? lol

Flash-points should not be finished until enough mobs have been killed.
If you want to watch the MOVIES do a NORMAL version of that flashpoint. Hard Modes should have all the movies and conversations turned OFF so that they are just for getting geared up. How about that. End of that problem. NEXT.

DarthNordom's Avatar


DarthNordom
12.24.2012 , 09:43 AM | #202
I have no problem skipping bosses and such, Bioware should definitely not remove that option, however.
If I play with some pugs that wanna take a boss I sure help them, but trust me you will get better gear faster if you just farm black hole comms then going after some Tionese, Columi. It is NOT Gamebreaking, and to all you solo players out there who haven't realised what an MMORPG are yet, get in to a guild and they will help you with everything you need.


Merry Christmas

N'ordom
The Red eclipse

Ergecrs's Avatar


Ergecrs
12.24.2012 , 09:45 AM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNordom View Post
I have no problem skipping bosses and such, Bioware should definitely not remove that option, however.
If I play with some pugs that wanna take a boss I sure help them, but trust me you will get better gear faster if you just farm black hole comms then going after some Tionese, Columi. It is NOT Gamebreaking, and to all you solo players out there who haven't realised what an MMORPG are yet, get in to a guild and they will help you with everything you need.

Merry Christmas

N'ordom
The Red eclipse
Epic and well put !!!!

Hovergame's Avatar


Hovergame
12.24.2012 , 10:21 AM | #204
What's fun about skipping ? Don't you enjoy skipping mobs in Mario, after having beaten the game a dozen times ? We killed at least once every single ennemy in every single FP, most of them are the same fight over and over, don't you understand that the only fun left is to "beat" the game in a very different way ?

There are many speedruns for solo games, and skipping bosses in FP is similar.

DMSL's Avatar


DMSL
12.24.2012 , 01:56 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
You haven't really read what he wrote, did you, he did state that he wouldn't mind doing skippable bosses.
You haven't really read the post either, mind the stuff in bold, it was done for a reason.

Then the paragraph starting with "FYI..." that i typed is aimed at the selfish people that do skip the content not the poster i replied to. Read it again and try to focus.

Ergecrs's Avatar


Ergecrs
12.24.2012 , 02:02 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by DMSL View Post
You haven't really read the post either, mind the stuff in bold, it was done for a reason.

Then the paragraph starting with "FYI..." that i typed is aimed at the selfish people that do skip the content not the poster i replied to. Read it again and try to focus.

Like the Selfish people that think everyone should play with the same playstyle they have. Every one should finish each and every boss and mob. Sorry I have limited time when I play same with my guildies when we run HM FP for dailies we should be able to skip stuff we want to. And its Highly SELFISH of you to try and impose your anti skip mentality on us.

moonshoter's Avatar


moonshoter
12.24.2012 , 03:07 PM | #207
Sorry I got to add more you will not like me in BoI , I Do that run every time I run it in 12 mins or less and will leave the group if I'm forced to run it the long way unless BW changes how we skip stuff there, I will keep doing the 12 min run , if you happen to not like it you can ether leave or die at the bosses if I skip them or kick me , I've been told I'm one of the best healers on my server so GL kicking me if you do and finding a better replacement healer ... any way that said , I will do the bonus bosses if I know about it at first .. but I will also skip whatever I can, how ever I can, in what ever way I can ... I have run every bonus boss in every HM FP at least 4 times each and I'm so tried of run useless stuff that waste time , when I See posts like this its make me wonder is this your first MMO ? , any game I have played EQ 1 WOW RIFT and a few others at end content they skip what ever they can when they can ...
SO this is no New game breaking Behavior its been going on for years in other games ... only reason it seems new here is because SW was a new game and now its full of tons of 50 s and most them would rather skip what they can, stand on the fleet etc and shot the BS ...


and to me your the one being unfair if you think a geared out 50 that joined in thu LFG is gonna run it slow and when in most cases all he or she wants is the BH's at the end ... that said


If your in my guild and asked to me to run it the long hard way I will but ii only offer that to follow guild members, most in my guild don't need it and don't want to waste time in a HM FP, when they have better things to do after they get the Daily HM done ... ....

moonshoter's Avatar


moonshoter
12.24.2012 , 03:17 PM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Ergecrs View Post
Like the Selfish people that think everyone should play with the same playstyle they have. Every one should finish each and every boss and mob. Sorry I have limited time when I play same with my guildies when we run HM FP for dailies we should be able to skip stuff we want to. And its Highly SELFISH of you to try and impose your anti skip mentality on us.
AGREE ! this is very Selfish making me do something I don't want to do and you can bet if they don't want to do it they don't ...


SO true most who play the game want to play, do as much as they can in game with what time they have ... ) this is just a very Selfish post, they can't expect me or any else to do every boss in every HM FP ... when in most cases we have done them count less times to the point there is no point in doing them ..

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
12.24.2012 , 03:21 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNordom View Post
Columi. It is NOT Gamebreaking, and to all you solo players out there who haven't realised what an MMORPG are yet, get in to a guild and they will help you with everything you need.
This thread is not about a specific item like you mention. It is about the gamebreaking behaviour that occurs when someone needs something and gets treated very badly, insulted and probably even kicked.

I really hope that Bioware has read the feedback they have recieved in this thread and change their current setting, and for their future flashpoints really keep this in mind. They ask for feedback, this thread has lots of it!

Flashpoints are supposed to be fun and enjoyable, not a place for drama only because someone needs a piece of gear and gets treated like trash by other teammembers.

moonshoter's Avatar


moonshoter
12.24.2012 , 03:26 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
You can't skip the bosses in Kaon, so really all you did different was to kill trash you would normally skip, which coincidentally unlocks the bonus boss that you skipped. Pretty much, you wasted your time on trash that drops the occasional piece of green gear you can sell. If you enjoyed it, awesome, but that's not the crux of the argument here.

If on the other hand, you are just talking about the bosses your point is invalid since those can't be skipped anyway. Part of the reason I love pulling Kaon on my new 50s. There are plenty of FPs where I have to fight everything and when those come up, I do so.
Guess he doesn't know that owell , you can skip a lot of thrash but to follow the story line to do it thu you have kill every boss but the bonus boss in kaon ..